Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
when does it become too much for the skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Im sure this has been asked at some point in some way here...

Like others of you - I go a little overboard with buying items I read about.

In the last 6 weeks - I bought the dermaroller - which I stopped using after 3 weeks because I then bought the facemaster. (I wanted to test out each separately so I could see if they were working.)
Im still debating on whether Im keeping the facemaster - does it take time to see a difference? (cummlative)

NOW after reading the posts on cupping - I want to buy that!!!

Would these 3 products possibly be too much for the skin? I would think I would have to alternate using them - not all in one night. But Im not sure if one would do the opposite of the other - if they would all work together nicely (my hope of course) or if my skin will just become mush in time. Any advice??

THANKS!!
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
mb935 wrote:
Im sure this has been asked at some point in some way here...

Like others of you - I go a little overboard with buying items I read about.

In the last 6 weeks - I bought the dermaroller - which I stopped using after 3 weeks because I then bought the facemaster. (I wanted to test out each separately so I could see if they were working.)
Im still debating on whether Im keeping the facemaster - does it take time to see a difference? (cummlative)

NOW after reading the posts on cupping - I want to buy that!!!

Would these 3 products possibly be too much for the skin? I would think I would have to alternate using them - not all in one night. But Im not sure if one would do the opposite of the other - if they would all work together nicely (my hope of course) or if my skin will just become mush in time. Any advice??

THANKS!!
I'm sorry to tell you this. But yes. I think eventually the support to skin will break down and sag you..YES sag. Compounded with aging on top of this why make it any worse by using contraptions that do nothing to benefit skin. None of those items are proven to work, there are no written clinicals anywhere, in journals of otherwise. If there is let me know, because I'll be jumping on it. The least you can do is just use a GENTLE, non abrasive cleanser, and wear spf 15 in the daytime. At night GENTLE cleanser again, and a light moisturizer suitable for your skin only where you need it. Good luck! Smile
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think alternating use of the dermaroller and facemaster is a bad idea. They have different goals and mechanisms of action - dermaroller works on the skin while facemaster works on the underlying muscle. I haven't kept up with the cupping thread so I'm not sure what that's about or how it would fit in.

I think three weeks is sufficient time to see if the facemaster is going to work for you. They say there are cumulative benefits but you should be seeing something by now; if not, it might not be the tool for you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:06 am      Reply with quote
I mostly agree with SusieQ.

A lot of the contraptions, it seems logical to me to slacken the skin (cupping) or overexfoliate it (clarisonic).

i think you need to really evaluate a contraption before just jumping on the band wagon.

i think however, for SS, you should aim for an spf of 30 or more and a good UVA shield level.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
mamawalnut wrote:
I haven't kept up with the cupping thread so I'm not sure what that's about or how it would fit in.

Here is Cupping - For Skin Tightening!! thread:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=27735
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
mamawalnut wrote:
I don't think alternating use of the dermaroller and facemaster is a bad idea. They have different goals and mechanisms of action - dermaroller works on the skin while facemaster works on the underlying muscle.

I agree with this, and think that using tools that address different goals is acceptable. I am not heavy on tools, but feel alternating the tools ( using once or twice a week a tool ) might be beneficial, however using a bunch of tools every single days would be an overkill.

I am also looking into cupping... it is not an electrical or LED device, but rather in lines with massage.
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much - appreciate the help!!

I think im keeping the facemaster - my face does seem a bit firmer. I was going thru my mensies during my trial time of the unit and im sure the face swells a bit.... right??
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
I forgot to add this too - it seems as if the facemaster may also have helped clear my acne. I know i mentioned I went thru PMS and my period BUT i always have breakouts. After using the facemaster for 3 weeks - my face has been pretty clear. (I havent used ANYTHING else - not even creams)

Does this make sense or is it a possible coincidence??

THANKS!!
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
That is a very good question!!! I too would like to know, as I place a weekly skin care order, or so it seems lately!!! I think there must be a point where one finds products that work so well that it is a shame to tamper with them...that is how I feel right now.

Of course its human..or skin care junkies nature to want to try new things, but when you are spending $$$$ and not really getting results than that can be an issue!!!

Feliz
Happycat
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:55 am      Reply with quote
I agree with less is more theory... I used to buy a lot and put many layers on my face but now, I keep it to a minimum and see it is even better... Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |