Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Frustrated with skin care!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Ildi

Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
I am new to the board and obsessed with skin care and make up products. I buy too many things and don't end up using them. Most of the time the less I put on my skin, the better it is but I am in my mid 40's and feel I need a good routine now. I never use anything at night. I just cleanse and go to sleep. I don't have a lot of wrinkles but skin is starting to sag a little. I have sensitive skin with some rosacea and I'm on the dry side but I do have frequent break outs. I would like to exfoliate but can't find anything that doesn't irritate my skin. I am never satisfied with any line of skin care. They are either too greasy or they do nothing at all. I didn't like Yonka. Paula's Choice has some nice products but I don't like to order from the US. What are some recommendations for my skin type? Thank you!
Mabsy

Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:52 am      Reply with quote
I would recommend a vitamin C serum, but with a low concentration. So something like the SkinCeuticals Serum 10. If you have VERY sensitive skin then this may not be the way to go though. I would also recommend trying Dr Hauschka products. For example, the cleansing cream (which is a gentle exfoliator as well). Again, with your skin, you should get a sample first to make sure it's not too harsh for you (only you can judge exactly how sensitive your skin is). Decleor and Phytomer make a "gommage" exfoliator that you apply to your face, let dry, and then massage off. These are quite good and also gentle - the Decleor seems gentler of the two.

I think that you should put something on your skin at night, unless your cleanser leaves your skin adequately moisturised already. Otherwise, I would AT LEAST go for a toner (Phytomer Face Dew is nice and slightly moisturising, plus has a bonus of smelling faintly of roses Smile) or a light moisturising gel (something along the lines of the Jurliqe Herbal Recovery Gel).

Also, I am not sure how busy you are or if you prefer your routines minimal or don't have a preference, but I would think about using a firming mask once or twice a week as well.

HTH
Mabsy

ps. I've read that Pevonia Botanica makes some very good products for rosacea prone skin. I'm not sure exactly which products were being talked about, but it might also be worth investigating.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
No wonder we're all confused over skin care, theres too much to pick from!! You need to read Paula's The Beauty Bible 2nd edition. She separates skin care fact from fiction. It'll be the best money on skin care you've ever spent!
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi!

I have mature, ultra sensitive skin. I know your dilemma. I've stopped using exfoliators because they all make my skin worse. Your skin will not turn into a dreadful mess if you don't exfoliate. Mine has become better since stopping. I personally think AHA's are a bit too hyped as an anti aging treatment. They can make some skin types worse. The same with vitamin C serums. It can be very drying for some skin types as well.

I do agree with Mabsy regarding Dr. Hauschka. That product line has really helped my skin. His products are aimed at rebalancing the skin. They are not harsh. The philosophy also advocates not using anything on the skin at night after starting his treatments. Those products are also organically grown and processed which makes them extremely gentle and compatible with all skin types. It's an excellent line. Oh, and the cleanser Mabsy recommends does exfoliate gently and naturally. It's the only exfoliator I would ever use on my skin.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |