Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
:: Review :: Kate Somerville Blemish B Gone
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:31 am      Reply with quote
When I saw this product pop up on EDS I had to buy it. When I received it I was surprised to see that it has salicylic acid in it. It was listed as an inactive ingredient so the concentration must be very low (this ingredient usually irritates me).

I've used it twice now on some stubborn zits that I've been battling for over a week. This stuff dried them up very well; the bumps disappeared and a red mark was left behind. I'll update my review again in a few weeks but initial results are positive.

Note: this is a spot treatment that leaves a pinkish hue on the skin similar to calamine lotion so it's limited to night time use.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Kate Somerville Blemish Be Gone (1 oz)
Kate Somerville Blemish Be Gone (1 oz)

There’s nothing more frustrating than looking in the mirror and seeing a blemish or pimple appear! Blemish Be Gone is specifically formulated to effectively heal blemishes and prevent future breakouts, quickly.

Replaced by {{9310}}.

Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
That is great. I'm debating over that or the clearing mask used as on the spot treatment.
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, sounds like a product I need to have around. Did you find that it REALLY dried your skin up around the pimple?? I tend to get inflammed acne, thus it does get dry and flaky...a joy..

Have any of you tried other of Kate S, s products?? I noticed they look qute sought after...
Caspers Mum

Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
Kate Somerville is one of my personal favorites, and I've been eying the Blemish B-Gone with keen interest. Thanks for posting the review.

I've tried the new Dermalogica mediBac Concealing Spot Treatment. Meh. Neutral

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
Caspers mum, what other KS products would you recommend? I took a risk on IS Clinical and LOVE their stuff, yet am always on the look out for an excellent exfoliating mask!!
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:49 am      Reply with quote
lianne - have you by chance used the DDF sulfur mask? I'm wondering how it might compare to this since they are both 10% sulfur.
Katsey
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
I also tried this out, and I do find it gives me results. You're right about it being night-time only. I look like I have random chicken pox. Smile But bottom line is I put it on and I can feel it working. The next morning, most of my pimples are gone or decreased in size - and I've had some doozies!
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:43 am      Reply with quote
My DDF mask ran out so I picked up some of this.
I really like it. It really does help pimples heal faster.
ricebunny
5% products discount

Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
This looks to me to be a lot like Mario Badescu's drying lotion...

Ingredients: Isopropyl Alcohol,Deionized Water (Aqua), Calamine, Camphor, Colloidal Sulfur, Salicylic Acid, Glycerine, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Talc

I wasn't able to find a full ingredient list for this product, and was wondering if someone with the Blemish Be Gone could please share?

I'd also be interested in hearing from someone who has used both products...always on a lookout for "potions" that can be used to attack those annoying TOTM pimples.

5% products discount

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
I love Eradikate! This stuff dried out my zits overnight. They aren't completely gone, but they are significantly smaller...it also causes them to come to a head quicker so they'll go ahead and leave sooner. Great product!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
It's discontinued now..

But Mario Badescu has the same item and so does Serious Skincare on the shopping channel (in the US at least).

the serious skincare one is much better priced and their sulfur mask is good too.
natieya
5% products discount

Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
It's not discontinued, it's renamed "Eradikate"...and it works great for someone like me who can't use Salicylic Acid (which is in Mario Badescu's product) while pregnant or nursing.

However, I do want to try the MB product when I'm no longer having kids or feeding them. Wink

Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |