Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Huge rave for 100% Pure Organic Nectarine Body Cream!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
One of the reasons I love ordering from 100% Pure is that they always send a ton of sample packets out with their orders. These packets are perfect for traveling, so I always stash them away for upcoming trips. The excitement of having great new body products to try always seems to mitigate some of the stress of traveling.^-^

My most recent trip was up to Minnesota to see my in-laws for Chinese New Year. It's brutally cold up there right now with a lot of wind and snow, and my hands started to feel rough almost immediately. Luckily I had a packet of 100% Pure Nectarine Body Cream, so I dove right in and used it. The first thing I noticed was the gorgeous scent!!! I am very sensitive to strong or artificial fragrances, and in the worst cases they will actually give me a migraine! However, 100% Pure's fragrances are all completely natural, as well as very soft and wearable. It's hard to describe the Nectarine fragrance, but it's very pleasant and easy-to-wear--- slightly sweet, very warm and appealing. After the fragrance, the first thing I noticed was how soothing it felt on my dry hands. This cream contains a high concentration of both vitamin e and vitamine c, and I could feel it instantly going to work to soothe and soften my hands. I couldn't wait to come home and order a full size container of it!

You can order 100% Pure products at 100percentpure.com, as well as at chocolatelotus.com. You can also purchase them at flagship Bath and Body Works stores. The Nectarine Body Cream costs $17, and the ingredients are:
Organic White Tea, Organic Cocoa and Avocado Butters, Organic Cabernet Grapeseed, Blackcurrant, and Rose Hip Seed Oils, Vitamin E (a-tocopherol), Vitamin C (ascorbyl palmitate), Lavender Honey wax, Natural Nectarine Aroma, Extracts of Nectarine, Cherry, Pomegranate, Raspberry, Blackberry, Grapefruit Seed, Natural Food Preservatives derived from salts and cranberries (less than 0.1% sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate)

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
Wait a minute.......is this a body cream or a dessert recipe? Wink This looks good enough to eat! I'm checking this out right now. You always find such great stuff Liz!

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
OH my GOODNESS, these guys make fruit-pigmented cosmetics. I'm in love. (I've been dreaming of an entirely fruit-pigmented lip stain and/or balm for years.) Liz, I love you and your adorable reviews -- you always mention the cutest online stores. Thanks for this tip!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
I'm glad you guys liked my review!^-^ I love this line so much, and I can't wait to try all the new samples that come with my order.

If anyone is interested, I just found that QVC is offering some brand new 100% Pure products, as well as offering some deals on some sets, such as lip gloss sets and lip and cheek stain sets. They are also selling a 100% Pure mascara set which I can't WAIT to try!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:11 am      Reply with quote
Wow, the QVC website actually has a lot of products and/or colors not listed on their website, and some of the duos they offer are a great deal. I can't wait to try these out!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
sahm
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Sounds yummy! Does it absorb well? Any greasy after feel?
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:21 am      Reply with quote
sahm wrote:

Exactly what I was wondering!

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:27 am      Reply with quote
sahm wrote:

It's pretty concentrated, so you pretty much only need a small dab, but my skin just drank it right up. HTH!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
I am also in love with their line.Never bought it online though-bought some things on my trip in Banff.I have the mocha chocolate body scrub-I honestly don't know how I manage to control my self not to fall face in to the jar and eat it all. Embarassed
I also have a facial scrub that they seemed to have changed on their site-it's with cherry now,mine is with some other berry.It's very gentle on my skin( and it's sensitive).I am thinking of making this my once in a while tradition of going to Banff and buying this stuff))
Kareberry*
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm..that fruit pigmented cosmetics do look good! yummy lip glosses! I wonder if they taste sweet?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
I think the QVC site has reviews where people have commented on the flavor. I didn't pay much attention, but you might find an answer there! Smile Plus, I'll let you know when I buy some.

Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
That sounds like a lovely products. Do they have the flagship bath in Canada??? Or are they oneline??
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, Liz, you got me hooked. My 100% Pure order came in yesterday, and I'm going crazy because I want to rave endlessly and my blog's server is down. So all my rave energy is directed here! Laughing I'm just gonna review most of their products here in your body butter thread, since I think you've got everyone stirred up sufficiently about the brand.

Organic Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream: This stuff is FABULOUS. I think my six-month search for the perfect eye cream is finally over. Here's a quote from my more detailed review in the eye cream thread:

ginnielizz wrote:
Okay, I just ordered this stuff, and I can't help but rave, rave, rave! My search for the HG eye cream is finally over. Here's the breakdown, since I can't help but be super-vocal about stuff I love!

Consistency: This stuff is a rich and thick cream, but it doesn't feel oily or balm-like (which is good in my book). It sinks in fairly well, but still feels super-moisturizing. I'm on the milia-over-time lookout, as with any eye cream, but usually I can tell right away if a cream will have that effect, and this stuff seems safe. It's super-concentrated, too.

Fragrance: Oh my GOD this smells like vanilla cupcakes or pudding or something. It is so delicious! And the scent really lasts, and is strong enough to trump all my other facial skincare scents (probably because most of my other stuff is less fragranced, but still.) I'm blown away that this is a natural scent, but I love it! I'm sure it wouldn't be great for those who are really sensitive to smells, though, so definitely keep in mind that the scent is noticeable.

Packaging: This comes in a glass pump-bottle, and it's a surprisingly big size (1 oz.) for an eye cream, especially at only $19 USD! I love that it's packaged hygienically -- my former HG-turned-not eye cream always went moldy because it was all-natural but packaged in a jar that was kind of awkward to scoop from. So the pump bottle is a major plus. I wish the glass were dark, but I keep it in a dark place so that's OK. And much better than a plastic bottle or a jar.

Efficiency: This stuff contains caffeine (obviously, haha), which is a major plus since my former HG eye cream was also caffeinated. I loved the stimulation it gave, but my former one (Best Bath Store's, in case anyone is wondering) always made me look a little TOO puffy come the AM. The effect would go away shortly after getting up, but it was sort of strange. This stuff has a much more minor version of that, so I think it probably contains less caffeine. But I'm A-OK with that -- it makes it easier to put on makeup without having to wait for de-puffing to occur. Laughing

The Only Drawback: Someone mentioned that this stuff really stung their eyes, and I guess I can see what you mean -- but only when I got the product actually IN my eye. And for me, well, stinging is the case if I get ANYTHING in my eye, so that doesn't really worry me. I just have to be careful not to overdo it and get gobs right on or near my lash line. With normal, non-overzealous application, I haven't had any trouble. It was just when I got to cream-happy when I first tore open my 100% Pure package that I experienced any problems! Laughing

I'm putting reviews of the other stuff I ordered here, in case anyone wants to read about cosmetics or lotions or bath gels. Smile HTH!

ETA -- it's too late for me to edit this into my original post, but I'll say here that this stuff sinks in so well that I can use it during the day and it doesn't mess with my eye makeup applications. Most eye creams are so greasy that they make your shadow crease more, etc. but this stuff is totally compatible with eye makeup.

Fruit Pigmented Lip Gloss (in Sheer Pomegranate Wine): The QVC site had a lot of reviews saying these glosses had hardly any pigment to them, so I ordered one of the darkest colors based on that. I'm glad I did -- the Sheer Pomegranate Wine color was very sheer indeed, and only gave me a slight boost to my natural lip color. Fortunately, that's exactly what I was going for -- but I know I would've ordered the wrong shade if I hadn't seen those reviews, so let that be a warning to anyone ordering their glosses. Go deeper than you think you want!

The consistency is, well, pretty much like any other lip gloss. Laughing I like that it's not too sticky and that it doesn't have any grainy feel to it (which I find usually comes from shimmer particles -- so who knows how the more shimmery shades feel). It's moisturizing and, well, glossy! Like most natural lip glosses, it doesn't exactly have vavoom staying power, but it's certainly no worse than other glosses, and I like the formulation better. (I find it's hard to find nice, natural glosses that don't contain shimmer -- since so many "natural" companies are "mineral" companies, they use shimmery minerals that just annoy me for lip wear.)

Fruit Pigmented Cheek and Lip Tints (in Sugar Plum): I actually haven't used this on my lips once, so I'm gonna run and do that right now. Very Happy

For lip use, it's a little awkward to apply, but once it goes on it's just like a sheer lipstick or a stick-formula gloss/glaze. It's pretty lightly pigmented, but I'd say these are more pigmented than the glosses. It has a nice moisturizing feel to it.

I got this color for cheek use because it was the only one on the 100% Pure website that wasn't shimmery. (I already got hooked on Too Faced Pink Leopard Bronzer for my shimmery blush -- also thanks to Liz!) They sell more colors on QVC that aren't shimmery, but they only sell them in trios, and I didn't want to buy three. (Plus, they only had certain items on QVC and certain other ones on 100% Pure -- so frustrating! -- and 100% Pure had more things I wanted.)

I got lucky in the shade I picked, because it's just like my natural flush color. I wouldn't say it's similar to Benetint on everyone, necessarily, but the end result looks the same for me, and this stuff is easier to apply. However, I do find that it goes on best if your skin is freshly moisturized.

I'm a *tiny* bit worried that the cocoa butter in it will clog my pores or make me break out on my cheeks. But since I'm using both Retin-A and my new Clarisonic now, I'm hoping that's enough to counteract any comedogenic effect. I'll update one way or another after I've been wearing this stuff consistently for a while.

Peach Pigmented Brightening Concealer (in White Peach): Not surprisingly, this stuff isn't a perfect color match for me. But I do really like the consistency, and I'm surprised by how much I like the brush-tip applicator. (I had always shied away from those, thinking they'd spread bacteria if I used them to conceal acne. But now that I see one up close, I think it's possible to wash the brush without contaminating the product, as long as you're careful.)

Despite not being a perfect color match, this stuff makes an OK base as a color corrective concealer under my eyes and on top of acne when worn underneath my Everyday Minerals concealer. (But Liz, FYI, this is too dark for you -- the palest shade was too dark for me, and you're even fairer than I am if our Alima concealer colors are any indication! Laughing) I really only bought this to bump me up to qualify for free shipping, so given that fact, I can't complain! I may gift it to a skincare-eager friend who has a darker and more yellow skintone, too. We'll see!

Samples, Oh, The Samples!. Liz was right -- these guys included a TON of free samples. I got body washes, lotions, creams, and butters, in a delicious variety of scents. I've only tried two so far, but I'm sure the rest of my reviews are going to be raves just like Liz!

Body Wash: The one I tried was Strawberry Lemonade, and I expected to hate it because I find artificial strawberry scents to be really gross. But this stuff really did smell exactly like strawberry lemonade -- crisp and fruity and zesty and summery and AWESOME! All I could do not to drink it, haha.

The consistency is annoyingly runny, and it doesn't foam hardly at all. So I almost ran out, since I like to use a pretty generous amount of shower gel with my scrubby bath gloves. Still, if I had had a full bottle of the stuff, the consistency wouldn't have bothered me, and I would've just used a bit more to stretch the foaming as far as I needed. It cleansed nicely and didn't dry out my skin at all, which is the main thing I look for in a body wash.

Body Cream: The one I tried today was Organic Pineapple, and again, I expected to hate it because I usually hate artificial pineapple. Again, I was pleasantly surprised (although this stuff did smell *slightly* artificial, unlike the body wash that smelled completely authentic). The consistency was dreamy -- softening and moisturizing and yet it sunk in great. Again, my only complaint was that the sample wasn't big enough!

The scent was strong going on but it doesn't seem to have lasted too much (unless you get really close and take a big whiff of my forearm, and honestly, who's going to do that besides me? Laughing) I really like this stuff, but I can see how it would not be a good choice for someone who is sensitive to fragranced products, even though the scent is natural.

Okay, that concludes my long and winding review. THANK YOU Liz for tipping me off to this awesome company -- I think my next body wash order is going to be with them! Let us know if you've tried any of their other products... (i.e. what was the item you ordered that won you the Nectarine sample in the first place? I'm dying to know more about their EVERYTHING now!)

ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:52 am      Reply with quote
So FYI, I tried the Body Butter sample that came with all these, and I did NOT like it at ALL! I was surprised since their other stuff was so fab.

The consistency was so oily that it was almost lip balm-like, and yet it did not feel nearly moisturizing enough. If I'm going to deal with the oily texture, then I want the dryness-busting benefit to go with it!

And the scent in the butter sample I tried (Pink Grapefruit) was not nearly as strong as in the lotions or shower gels, which I found disappointing.

Just wanted to share this thought with y'all... I loved all that other stuff so much that I'm planning on getting the four-pack of shower gels.

manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:00 am      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
So FYI, I tried the Body Butter sample that came with all these, and I did NOT like it at ALL! I was surprised since their other stuff was so fab.

The consistency was so oily that it was almost lip balm-like, and yet it did not feel nearly moisturizing enough. If I'm going to deal with the oily texture, then I want the dryness-busting benefit to go with it!

And the scent in the butter sample I tried (Pink Grapefruit) was not nearly as strong as in the lotions or shower gels, which I found disappointing.

Just wanted to share this thought with y'all... I loved all that other stuff so much that I'm planning on getting the four-pack of shower gels.

Coincidentally, I just tried my body butter sample too and I didn't like it either-- the texture was just as you described it. I would definitely recommend anyone interested in this line to skip the body butters and head straight for the creams! (BTW, STILL loving my Nectarine cream!!)

Also Ginnie, you asked about the item I ordered that the nectarine body cream sample came with. it was actually the shimmery white peach lip gloss. I was intrigued because their lip glosses are 83% pure vitamine e, so I thought it would very soothing and moiosturizing and I was right! It's a really lovely lipgloss that really nourishes my lips, and it smells great too!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Do you find that you get enough color from the gloss? I ordered the very darkest shade from their gloss collection, and it's still barely visible on me. That's the only thing that's kept me from ordering more of them!

manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Ginnie--- check out the recent picture I posted on that Pelusi mousse thread. I'm wearing the shimmery peach gloss in that picture, and as you can see, it definitely imparts a nice pop of color.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
Will do -- thanks so much! How convenient that it serves to model two great products. Smile

manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
Update: STILL a billion percent addicted to this lotion! Everyone who smells it (including my picky DH) loves the sweet, juicy fragrance, and it has made the skin all over my body look so fresh and glowing. This could possibly be the perfect lotion.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:23 am      Reply with quote
Hmmmm... I always see 100% Pure products at TJ Maxx and Marshalls, but never really considered trying them before.

To those loving this lotion - how big a problem is absorbency for you, typically? For me, this is pretty much the biggest issue when choosing a lotion. My skin is the opposite of a sponge. It rejects most lotions, leaving them sitting on top as a sticky layer. But a glowy lotion that absorbs quickly - that would be my dream lotion!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
these products sound amazing but.........

something's up, they don't contain any emulsifiers and the body gels don't contain any thickeners Confused

you need an emulsifier to make a lotion, since oil and water don't mix with an emulsifier...

and are the gels really liquidy?
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
it seems like the "Honey Lavender Wax" is the emulsifying agent here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emulsifying_wax

"Emulsifying wax is created when a wax material (either a vegetable wax of some kind or a petroleum-based wax) is treated with a detergent (typically sodium dodecyl sulfate or polysorbates) to cause it to make oil and water bind together into a smooth emulsion."

too bad they don't list their ingredients according to the INCI (which i think is illegal now?)

anyways im off to buy some Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:30 am      Reply with quote
when i read the title i thought sounds yummy Razz then i thought very fruity and nice smelling so this is a must try from your review Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:42 am      Reply with quote
edenfield wrote:

Yes they are very runny.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:07 am      Reply with quote
tsjmom wrote:
edenfield wrote:

Yes they are very runny.

YES! Only slightly more viscous than water. But if you use a washcloth/loofah/shower puff/scrubby gloves, then it doesn't matter as much. (Scrubby gloves are my HG for body exfoliation, and they really help trap runny body gels well.)

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |