Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Should cleasners be cream consistency or clear?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cawl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:10 am      Reply with quote
I thought I had read somewhere that cleansers should be a cream consistency not clear, that cream type cleansers were gentler, less stripping than clear ones. Has anyone heard that before? I am considering trying the rose cleaser from mountain rose herbs but see that is has clear formula with a base of 'castille organic soap'. Has anyone used this product before?

Thanks!
Urbnengineer
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
I've never used what you're talking about before, but I have heard that creamy versus clear theory. I use Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel which is designed for normal/oily skin and it's clear, but they do have another product for normal/dry skin that is creamier. I tried it because it's so dry in the winter, but it was difficult to lather and I felt like I'd rather clean my face and then put the moisture back in using a stronger moisturizer and sticking with the gel cleanser.
CMAYC
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Cream cleansers are generally geared for normal to dry skin types....they leave your skin feeling more dewy and moisturized.

Gel/clear cleansers are more geared for normal to oily skin, leaving your skin feeling fresh and clean.

A lot of the time it's just a personal choice of what you'd prefer. Sometimes switching to a cream cleanser during the dry, cold months is very beneficial. As is using a gel/clear cleanser in hot summer months to help with oil control.
yomama606
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:01 am      Reply with quote
I think with cleansers, it is really up to what type of skin your have(normal/dry/oily) and what you are trying to achieve(acne,make up removal). I agree that the creamy cleansers. So it all really depends on the active ingredient. Plus if you moisturize after washing, the cleanser shouldn't leave you skin dry unless its really harsh.
higig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:57 am      Reply with quote
I don't know about rose cleaser.But if you are normal or oily skin,I think several erno laszlo cleanser is interesting.
suzannek
5% products discount

Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:33 am      Reply with quote
I agree that your choice depends upon your skin type. Since I have dry skin, I prefer a creamy cleanser and currently use A-D=E creamy cleanser. Gentle, cleans well and is PH balanced.
jenw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
In all the lines that I have used, the look/texture of the cleanser depends on what skin type the cleanser is meant for. Creamier cleansers for normal-dry skin types and gels of oilier skin types.
fab50
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
suzannek wrote:
I agree that your choice depends upon your skin type. Since I have dry skin, I prefer a creamy cleanser and currently use A-D=E creamy cleanser. Gentle, cleans well and is PH balanced.

Are you referring to Earth Science's A-D-E Creamy Cleanser? I was going to try and pick this up this weekend from the Vitamin Shoppe. Do you like it? Does it rinse clean? TIA!!

Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |