Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
I am bored...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Schnee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
.. with my skincare regime and I need new suggestions! And I know that you ladies love to give them, so come on! Laughing I think it is best to not tell what I use now, I want you imagination to run free. Wink

I want a simple regime for 33ish dry (in winter especially, less dry in summer) and very sensitive skin. My skin doesn't love active ingredients (acids, vit c etc) or alcohols. I have some blackheads on forehead, nose and chin, nothing major but would be nice if they were gone. Some almost invisible lines, not a problem really.

So what do you suggest?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Here's my suggestion:

Morning
Wash your face with Cetaphil
Skip the toner
Use a good moisturizer (some suggestions are Dermalogica Skin Smoothing Lotion, Yonka Fruitelia PS, Yonka Creme PS, Yonka Creme 28, Cosmedix Protect)
Eye Cream
Find a good sunscreen (I don't know what to recommend for sensitive skin)

Night
Wash with Cetaphil
Eye Cream
Use REN Omega 3 Overnight Lipid Renewal Serum
plug-in-babe
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:01 am      Reply with quote
I'd suggest La Roche Posay Toleriane Dermo Cleanser for morning and night instead of Cetaphil.

If you wear makeup, use a cleansing oil or cream, or cleansing wipes to remove makeup at night before using the cleanser.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:53 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for your suggestions! Very Happy Some I will take a closer look at, some I've already tried and will ignore. Wink

I am still open to lots of suggestions, especially in the moisturiser area. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi Schnee, here are some suggestions for you to consider:

AM
Cleanse face with this soap-free botanical cleansing bar - Green Tea Cleansing bar from Makeup Artist's Choice http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/products/Soap_Free_Botanical_Bar-38-0.html This cleansing bar is outstanding and perfect for dry/sensitive skin. It will leave your skin super soft, well moisturized and it is non-comedogenic. One bar will last at least 6 months.

Since you have dry & sensitive skin I would skip any AHA/BHA souffle's or serums and perhaps consider applying a very mild Vitamin C serum. Just 10% will probably do a nice job of brightening the skin, and gently exfoliating without irritation.

I would highly recommend Janson Beckett's ADCE & mineral skin prep. I have been using this product for years and find it to be one of the very best for anti-aging. I have not known this product to cause problems with sensitive skin. (I find that JB's ADCE keeps the skin very nicely moisturized)

Next I would apply a few drops of HA serum mixed with a nice under eye cream and gently pat around the eye area.

Lastly apply a good sunscreen.

PM

You could do the same regime only omit the vitamin C serum in the evenings.

Once a week you may want to try a very mild peel such as PSF's Pumpkin peel or Juice Beauty's Apple Peel. (Both are too mild for me but would probably be great for sensitive skin)

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:01 am      Reply with quote
most blackheads are caused of enlarged pores and not properly cleaning the face. My suggestion to you is to get a deep foaming cleanser to properly cleanse the face and neck area. Try not to poke at your skin when your hands are "dirty"....

Schnee wrote:
.. with my skincare regime and I need new suggestions! And I know that you ladies love to give them, so come on! Laughing I think it is best to not tell what I use now, I want you imagination to run free. Wink

I want a simple regime for 33ish dry (in winter especially, less dry in summer) and very sensitive skin. My skin doesn't love active ingredients (acids, vit c etc) or alcohols. I have some blackheads on forehead, nose and chin, nothing major but would be nice if they were gone. Some almost invisible lines, not a problem really.

So what do you suggest?
nibn
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Why not try something like kinerase , kinerase has kit called Kinerase Ultimate Regimen Kit it cost about 115$ , and it includes full sizes of the Ultimate Day Moisturizer,
Ultimate Night Moisturizer ,smaller sizes for
Intensive Eye Cream and C6 Peptide Intensive Treatment and then get gentle acne cleaner for your like Salac for your blackheads and your set to go.
Schnee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:05 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for alle your suggestions, very helpful with some new and fresh input. So far I've been impuls shopping moisturisers, Juice beauty nutrient moisturizer, which I haven't used more than 1-2 times, but really like. And one moisturiser from a small swiss organic brand, Li Cosmetic. Nice creme, but contain a lot of alcohol which is drying for me over time. I've also got a coupe of eye cream samples from Dermalogica that I am considering, but it really isn't a favourite brand for moistureiser for me.

And apparantly I don't have any skin problems, because a SA claimed I had perfect skin. Laughing I don't really believe her, I had a few breakouts at the time due to my period. It is a bit annoying though, that you never really know if the SAs are honest or just trying to make you buy something... Rolling Eyes

Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |