Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lush Body Butters - Any input?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
They look interesting...don't want to spend that much on a product though if I'm not going to use it.

Anyone here used it before?
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry--- I've never used them so I'm looking forward to hearing what others think too. However, I *have* used the Lush soft coeur massage bar as an after-shower moisturizer and it made my skin very silky with no greasy after-feel. HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
Lush buttercreams are kind of a cross between a soap and a body moisturizer--supposedly they're only 15% soap. The only one I've tried is Almond Butter, which was okay though I didn't feel like it got me very clean. My daughter swears by them in the winter--she has very dry skin and oridnarily goes through body lotion by the tankerload. She didn't like the Ring of Rose Buttercream, which she said smelled too much like "old lady perfume" and had dried rosepetals that turned brown.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
I have used some that are very nice - home=based business and can be easily ordered on-line. If you are interested I can let you know. Please PM me.
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
I love LUSH body butters as I like the whole idea of the non-packaging and no preservatives. I used to use the Body Shop one til I realized how much filler they have and how much I had to use to get skin relief. However, some of the bars they offer tend to have glitter crap in that but you can avoid it by reading the ingredients.

I like Therapy (which is a massage bar) which smells like lavender and neroli. I use it a bedtime and sleep very well. I have Fever too but hate the red lips thing on it. I use the other side. Its sexy jasmine and rose scent. Its quite heavy though.

I have Each Peach and Twos a Pear and its a citrusy fruity scent.

As for the butters I love Aqua Mirabilis which smells like some sort of sugary cookie to me though the description doesnt match. It makes me crave cookies when I use it in the shower. It melts easily in the shower and turns into this milky lather. I find it uses up very quickly so you need to keep it dry between showers.
irka
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:36 am      Reply with quote
I was a fan of Lush for the same natural,no preservatives idea.Unfortunately that is a lie that they are not even really trying to cover up.If you look at their ingredients online-parabens are present almost in every single product(right in line with sls). Shock
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
To be fair, Lush has never claimed to be all natural, but rather "fresh, handmade" products. It labels its ingredients specifically indicating by color of type face which ingredients are natural and which are synthetic. So it's not right to say they "lie" about being the nature of the products.
They're quite upfront about them.

They do use preservatives in their liquid products but not in their solid products, so if you want preservative-free Lush items you should stick to their solid items liek bath melts, bath bombs, massage bars, shampoo pucks, etc.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:
To be fair, Lush has never claimed to be all natural, but rather "fresh, handmade" products. It labels its ingredients specifically indicating by color of type face which ingredients are natural and which are synthetic. So it's not right to say they "lie" about being the nature of the products.
They're quite upfront about them.

They do use preservatives in their liquid products but not in their solid products, so if you want preservative-free Lush items you should stick to their solid items liek bath melts, bath bombs, massage bars, shampoo pucks, etc.

I agree that it's not fair to say that Lush "lies." I have always been very impressed with how forthright and honest they are. They have full ingredient lists right on their website, and even better, they are SO firmly against animal cruelty that not only do they not do animal testing themselves, they won't buy any ingredients that were tested on animals either.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
I stand corrected Embarassed,but I am just wandering why does it seems that most people are concerned more with animal cruelty rather than human cruelty-which is what using harmful ingredients for our bodies actually is.

P.S.Lush used to make a point out of their products being food-grade quality and that they can be (if desired) safely eaten.at least this is what the big point was on the tV show I saw about Lush.I checked on their site and there were no such claims there now.

P.S.S.They still have sls in their soaps,which as far as I am aware is not a safe ingridient.

P.S.S.S.Sooo sorry about this rant-this is obviously far away from what the original question of the post was
Rolling Eyes
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Well, animals are disrespected because they cannot speak but a loyal well treated animal will give his life for his owner in some cases. They dont ask to be turned into meat dinners or furcoats so someone has to speak up to have humane conditions for them.

As for human cruelty, people have to not have blinders and assume someone is looking out for you always. We have to be diligent and read labels and understand ingredients and read between the lines. Luckily, there are choices and we can find something that suits our needs. Greenwashing is saying something is 100% natural but not counting the preservatives and thickners.

Real human cruelty is not being able to make enough to have shelter, food, education or to rise above your poverty. Real human cruelty is not being able to have a voice in how your life is run.
yomama606
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:00 am      Reply with quote
I love Body butter.....I use it sparingly. I mean you don't want to lather it on like lotion because they are really rich and creamy. Yum!!

They are not too pricey($15-25)
I love:
Crabtree and Evelyn Naturals Botanical Body Butter in (Cocoa Butter/Nutmeg)

Bath and Body -- Signature Collection Velvet Tuberose

Kiss My Face Rosemary/Melon Butter

Great Cheap one to try out: its like $5
Got2b Spa Butta Up Nourishing Body Butter
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
The Lush Dream Cream is one of the richest body lotions I've used. Pricey but pretty worth it.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Soft Coeur is my favorite massage bar. Smells like orange flavored chocolate! Leaves my skin soft and yummy! Tastes great too Wink

Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |