Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

do you keep your beauty secrets secret?EXCEPT HERE OF COURSE
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
I keep a lot of secrets,except here of course. I dont really talk about my plastic surgeries,or filler injections....except here. I do share a few things with very close friends/sisters. My husband ONLY knows about my plastic surgery because you cant exactly have a boob job and NOT have him know Laughing -he had to take care of me. But he knows nothing about fillers,botox etc....I dont really even mention Jan Marini eyelash intervention as the reason for my lashes cuz most people dont understand how obsessed we are with lookin good!I dont tell much to anybody especially at work because there is truth to...if you tell 1 person you have told a thousand!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:55 am      Reply with quote
I would never ever dream of telling my girlfriends about all of my skin gadgets and what I get up to in my bathroom every night - I would be so embarrassed! My husband thinks its most amusing and every time he walks past the bathroom he yells out "are you zapping luv?"!

However, I keep all the Botox and facial fillers secret from him - this is something he definitely would not understand - especially the cost!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:14 am      Reply with quote
Have you ever gone to bed with your husband or SO when you have just put frownies on?Makes for a really good laugh...from hubby! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Certain things you cant keep secret...but yes...I never tell anyone about my arsenal of beauty weapons hidden in my top bathroom cabinet.Have you ever driven down the highway doing your facial flex exercises and have someone get a glimpse of you with that thing in your mouth? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:30 am      Reply with quote
My Facial-Flex is hidden away from all prying eyes. Sometimes I feel like a closet masochist - I look harmless enough, but buried deep away are all my devious toys!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:36 am      Reply with quote
I should hide mine!!!!!One day my daughter aIsked me what it was!!! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed I didnt really asnwer that directly, Embarassed oops maybe I should have she probably thought it was mommy's sex toy! Very Happy
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:37 am      Reply with quote
No, I am not in your face pretty...so nobody ever asks about my beauty secrets. I see improvement myself in the way my skin looks and feels, but most people think I am not a vain person, who has a heap of products (which is a kind of a secret that I do have lots of beautifying products).
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:38 am      Reply with quote
The only one I tell all my secrets to is my plastic surgeon!Hes cool....he understands all these crazy middle aged women...heck its his bread and butter. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:48 am      Reply with quote
I want LucyLuc's plastic surgeon - haven't gotten to that yet, but seems like she's got a gold mine!
charlibets
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:15 am      Reply with quote
londonfan wrote:
No, I am not in your face pretty...so nobody ever asks about my beauty secrets. I see improvement myself in the way my skin looks and feels, but most people think I am not a vain person, who has a heap of products (which is a kind of a secret that I do have lots of beautifying products).

I don't talk about it much because I'm afraid that if people knew everything I do they'd expect me to look better! But if someone asks, I will answer questions. I do get complements on my skin - especially from the gal who does my hair who has witnessed the change since I started taking better care of my skin.

But usually if someone comments on my skin they don't ask what I use - they seem to think I'm just lucky. So many women, if you tell them what you do, don't want to bother, not even with sunscreen. :-/

Betsy
irka
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy I keep all of my stuff as far from my boyfriend as possible.I even practice the 3 minute bath routine so that as far as he is concerned my skin needs nothing,nothing at all Rolling Eyes
I actually have a night-stand filled with products-I will never tell how much any of them cost,especially since my skin takes priority over food. Embarassed
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
priority over food.... Laughing Laughing
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
I have no problem sharing. It's extremely flattering to me especially when my kids friends ask me what I use on my skin (30 somethings). Several have asked me to write down my potions etc.. It's hysterical!

So far I haven't gone under the knife, or had any fillers or anything...And it's NOT for lack of wanting to, it's because I'm petrified it will be a disaster.

But if that day comes, you will all be the first to know....And of course I'll share before and after pictures as well.... Wink

K

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
One morning I was involved in one of my "beauty treatments"-you know that mint julep green masque from St Ives.Then when the doorbell rang I forgot the treeman had arrived to take down a tree! I answered the door with my green face and he acted like "there was nothing unusual", I am sure when he left with his partner he busted a gut laughing behind my back! Laughing
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
Oh that's funny.... I'd have been tempted to quick wipe it off.
chesterfield
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
You gals are too funny...
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Too Funny
Laughing

I don't tell too many of my friends anything, as others have said...They would wonder why I don't look better Very Happy

My hubby knows some things I buy because he sees my bathroom.........but as far as botox, microderm treatments, etc I don't say, he would die over the price. I also never have my Flex Effect book out with him around, I did finally have to do my Quasar SP because it takes so long it's just hard to hide that. I think he likes that anyway cuz it's less than getting facials, but he has no idea it cost $1800

I do tell my MIL almost everything, she is really into these things too and we have an agreement that we don't tell the guys Laughing Laughing
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
i'd like to share my skin care rountine, but not having my eyebags removed by surgeon!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
How do you guys pay out all this cash without the DH's knowing???? That's what I'd like to know. I'm not married - just wondering in case I do Laughing Laughing Laughing ?
carforum
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
I like to share my secrets with my friends only

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:41 am      Reply with quote
Well...DH paid for all my plastic surgery...but I told him hey!!!! the boobs were for him,it was his toy!So he gladly shelled out all the dough. The rest is so easy to hide..he gives me ALL his money!!!!and never asks any questions...I handle all the money and boy do I have fun with it! Laughing Laughing I also have a couple part time side jobs that pay a lot and my RE investments bring in a little too.,but mostly DH funds all my crazy beauty regimens!The funny thing is...he never spends a dime and doesnt seem to mind if I spend,he never yells at me ever!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:55 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
Well...DH paid for all my plastic surgery...but I told him hey!!!! the boobs were for him,it was his toy!So he gladly shelled out all the dough. The rest is so easy to hide..he gives me ALL his money!!!!and never asks any questions...I handle all the money and boy do I have fun with it! Laughing Laughing I also have a couple part time side jobs that pay a lot and my RE investments bring in a little too.,but mostly DH funds all my crazy beauty regimens!The funny thing is...he never spends a dime and doesnt seem to mind if I spend,he never yells at me ever!

I'm cracking up ... Laughing Laughing Laughing You have yourself one gem of a DH lucyluc.

You made my day reading all of your antics, thanks for sharing.

K

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:44 am      Reply with quote
yes lol where did you find this jam DH. Laughing

as for me i tell my beauty secrets to noone people only find out what i use if they happen to see my products but i dont tell them to their face and i like it that way Exclamation

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:29 am      Reply with quote
I met him 20 yrs ago when I had my own business,I grabbed him fast... I knew he was a good catch....no exwife(therefore no alimony),no kids,no bills,... Neutral He had a nice quiet life till I came around...his head has been spinning ever since Embarassed
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Yes, What a hoot....Gotta find me one of those!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:32 am      Reply with quote
Actually come to think about it....sometimes I will spill the beans but only if someone comes up to me first and confesses they have had surgery or procedures and will ask questions. Like once a lady in her mid fifties came up to me at work (when I was 52) and said "you have absolutely no crows feet!"she was amazed.So I did confess botox because she started telling me about her eye job, boob job, tummy tuck, restylane injections.....so I didnt mind talking since she seemed obssessed with wanting tips to look younger!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |