Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

JM Eyelash users: Please post updates on "new" fo
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
caramia

Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:50 am      Reply with quote
I had great success with the original JM Eyelash. Incredibly long lashes - to the point I had to trim a few! After it was pulled and the new formula finally released, I bought a tube and hoped for the best. I had NO results. ZERO. So I bought another tube thinking the new formula may take longer to work. Again, nothing!! I have been using this stuff every night for close to a year with no results! Has anyone else who had great results with the first formula had disappointing results with the "new" formula? I am very, very aggravated and angry at JM for the lies and deceptions regarding this product. The big publicity lie was that the "new" formula was supposed to be, according to JM and the reps, "Even better and work faster". I wonder of they knowingly released a product with no active ingredient knowing they could sucker the consumer (like they did me Sad ) into buying the new formula.

Is it just me or have others had no results from the reformulated product?
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
No, it's not only you. Not only did it not work, but it made me itch Mad

I've not tried the original JM formula, but I've used Revitalash with great success and no irritation what so ever. I've started using MD Lash Factor and while it is a bit early to talk about the results, at least it doesn't itch or lump Smile

Btw, JM are discontinuing it.
oncloudten
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
JM had no choice but to change the formula...Allergan...the BIG pharmaceutical company was after them! Read more here:
http://www.ocregister.com/money/eyelash-drug-marini-1954901-ocregister-cosmetic

V
caramia

Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I know they were forced to change the formula. What I have a problem with is the lies JM and their reps told the consumers. Things like the product was just being relabeled and NOT being under investigation by the FDA, saying that they were releasing an improved version and were not under investigation by the FDA, denying that te product contained prostaglandins or a drug similar to glaucoma drugs. Several people called or email JM company and were lied to during the time the product was off the market. Reading through old posts there was one poster here who was supposedly "in the know" because she worked for a company that tested product or wrote the drug/cosmetic labels or something. She vehemently denied all the claims of others here that something smelled fishy with JM's story. She claimed she worked with FDA in the past. I wonder if she was a plant from JM. My point is, I wonder if JM released their "new" formula knowing it didn't do a thing just to get all those sales from those of us who had great results with the original and who were clamoring for the new formula to be released, thinking it would work!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
And now, will the new Revitalash work as well as the NEW JM. I'd hate to lose these long lashes.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
The new formula worked for me. I started using it about 4 weeks after I ran out of my old JM. By then, some of my lashes has fallen out. After using the new formula for about five weeks, I noticed my lashed were back to their long, old JM self.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Blaze,
Are you referring to the new JM or RL?

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Sorry. It's the new JM formula.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
the new JM formula works,I bought 2 tubes last yr as gifts and they said it worked Smile Smile
LL
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
I'm kind of experiencing the same problem with revitalash. I bought a tube some time early last year and it worked beautifully. After they reformulated it in Dec. of 2007 (I think) I bought I new tube and it has not given me the same results. Boo.
Lkham

Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I am eyelash obsessed. I have had short dinky little strait eyelashes for so long (I'm always wearing fakes) but then I heard about these miracle eyelash conditioners!! I am torn about trying the new JM or Revitalash. My lashes are also thin and sparse so I would love to have long AND thick eyelashes (if such a wonder is possible...sighh) Can anyone recommend either one to me?? Please post your experiences with either product if you have tried them, thanks so much!!
Blaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
I'm going to take back what I said. The lash growth I got from the new JM formula is inconsistent. I had a few lashes grow to the length as they were with the original JM formula. However, not all! The rest grew back to their original length (after growing out, falling off, and being replaced by new lashes, I mean). I actually think it stopped working. Not happy with it. Sad
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:34 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
the new JM formula works,I bought 2 tubes last yr as gifts and they said it worked Smile Smile

lucyluc - is it also partial results or "full" results. I got two tubes of JM new formula on ebay a couple weeks ago and now worried that I wasted my money. I am using it every day, and as I understand it takes 5 weeks to see the results or am I mistaken?
System
Automatic Message
Mon May 20, 2024 1:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

StriVectin Tighten & Lift Peptight™ 360˚ Tightening Eye Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Peptide Day Therapy (50 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |