Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
best and worst beauty investment; how much $$$ did u spend?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
I had restylane under my eye for which I was charged $1200 for-did nothing but left 2 tiny blue bruises that never really went away!(I should have known...His name was "Dr. Conn") I also had useless IPL,polaris, treatments for $4,000-did absolutely nothing ,but promised everything!Be careful of those treatments I believe I have gotten more benefits from quality skin products than IPL,polaris etc....My best beauty investment Plastic surgery and porcelain veneers money very well spent($40,000-nice hubby Very Happy ) and made me really happy!(shallow huh? Embarassed )
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=516768&in_page_id=1773 I dont know if you can open this but its a picture of Joyce Wilkenstien,the NYC socialite who has had millions of dollars of bad plastic surgery...confirming the belief that yes there are space aliens!
Northerngirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
What amazes me is there are plastic surgeon's out there still doing work on her.

I'd rather have crow feet and wrinkles than look like her.
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
Unfortunately, she REALLY went overboard with the plastic surgery.

Maybe she had the same surgeon as Michael Jackson...

I agree I would rather look natural with my crows feet and "character lines".

Her photo from the 70's shows an attractive women
(before surgery)
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
Best: Clarisonic

Worst: The countless acne products I have tried, I honestly cant even stomach to tally up the amount of money I have spent on those. Most to no avail.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
Best...microdermabrasion..I don't know why I stopped...
Worst..ohhh...I am drawing a blank..it was a series of very light peels..all It did was make me peel for a week and my skin never improved..Oh and La mer did nothing for me..
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
I am glad you r happy with the clarisonic...I just ordered it for me and my daughter.Yeah all those acne preps never helped me when I was a teen only drugs helped.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
My BEST beauty investment - well so far it is the dpl light from NCN or maybe the NuFace ... Other than that I will say my best beauty investment is yet to be made or found as the case may be. (Maybe a great face lift in five years!). Also, good vitamins!!!!!

My worst - the money I spent on Creme de la mer... Oh my. And countless other things that had claims that I didn't know enough to research back then.
Also - agreeing with Lucy Luc - the IPL light - it was expensive and realistically I have seen better, sustainable results with my little dpl.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Personal question for lucy Luc -If you don't mind that is - How old were you when you had the plastic surgery? Did it meet your expectations? Were you very nervous? What did the hubby think?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
Those surgery pics were awful - sad really (gosh, at least cool it on the lip thing) and truthfully in the 70's she was fine - what was she thinking????
Where is the husband now? That would've scared anyone away after awhile.
pinky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
Worst investment: Thermage, hands down! I should have just thrown the $3,500 into a black hole -- the result would have been the same.

Best investment: Retisol A (completely free, as I'm still using the free samples my doctor gave me -- I like that kind of investment Very Happy )

Upoming investment: upper and lower bleph, in about a month. I'm looking forward to actually being able to see some upper eyelid again and having those lower bags gone.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
BEST:

Aveeno SPF 30 sublock $9.99 (awesome stuff)
Derma Wand $99. (really love this)
LightStim Prof. $300 on sale (great + quick)

WORST:

Face Master $99. (Threw it out after a month)
NuFace $450. (Hasn't worked for me so far)

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
chesterfield
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
This poll is fun.

BEST:
hair removal every body part -- $10,000+

WORST:
IPL treatments -- $4000 for not much + changes.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:41 am      Reply with quote
Sister sweets I was 51 when I had surgery,that was 2 yrs ago.I was really scared but I was more afraid of not doing anything and looking older! I caught it at the right time before things got really bad. I dont look like a different person,I look very natural, just like I did when I was 35..it was the best money I have ever spent..was very lucky to find a good surgeon..I spent almost a yr researching procedures and drs before.Chesterfield I cant believe it cost $10,000 to remove hair! I have never been successful in getting rid of my Confused hair...so I bleach, pluck and shave. The one procedure to make a HUGE difference is getting your eyes done, that alone can take years off your face.
Frangipani
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:55 am      Reply with quote
Worst: Fraxel. Spent way too much - thousands.

Best: stopping fraxel - should have stopped earlier or better yet - never started. If only I knew then what I know now.
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:20 am      Reply with quote
BEST: DPL from NCN
CPs from Skin Bio
O2 serum from PSF

Worst: Anything with Dimethicone such as my pricey mistakes with Remergent Products
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:21 am      Reply with quote
WORST: Thermage - AUD$4,000 down the drain.

BEST: Upper and lower bleph - AUD$7,000. My eyelids were so heavy they obscured my eyesight and felt terribly heavy, I was constantly lifting my eyebrows to relieve the pressure. Plus the horrible bags under my eyes are gone.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:21 am      Reply with quote
BEST: Over the years I have put thousands of dollars into my teeth. I have all of my natural teeth but all posterior are crowned. For me if my smile looks bad no skin care product can make me look good. I visit the dentist every 3 mos. Right now I need a crown replaced...1,300.00 (insurance covers half). Rolling Eyes

WORST: Much money on expensive creams that don't deliver. Costly exercise equipment that collects dust! Bad Grin

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Frangipani wrote:
Worst: Fraxel. Spent way too much - thousands.

Best: stopping fraxel - should have stopped earlier or better yet - never started. If only I knew then what I know now.

You are toooo funny...will remember to stay away from Fraxel.. Laughing
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
WOW the pictures of "cat lady" are quite terrifying!! Why would anyone who looked attractive initially make themselves look so nonhuman?? Does she think she looks attractive??Poor woman.

Worst investment was microdermabrasion with cold laser. I spent $$$ and it aggravated my skin so badly it took months to clear up....strange as most people get beneficial results...and I went to a woman who was one of the best..along with VERY expensive skin care such as Biologic Recherche (from France, and very hard to find in NAmerical - did NOTHING except cost me $$)

BEst money ever spend is on IS Clinical and organic products like Jurlique and MMU!!!
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
I have to whole heartedly agree with lucyluc - a facelift was absolutely the best investment I have made so far. Apparently, we have the same thoughts - have it earlier rather than later. I had mine 2+ years ago as a 50th birthday gift to myself. I didn't want to wait until things really fell apart and end up looking like I had work done. No one came right out and asked if I had surgery - just tons of compliments on how rested I looked and if I had lost weight. I'm sure some suspected but the change wasn't drastic. I'm good for another 10-15 years now.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Do not do thermage;many women have been damaged ;having the face in their face melted;ending up looking very gaunt and having to spend 1000's to try to put the fat back in....
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
ooops...meant to say "having the fat in their face melted...."
jenw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
My best investment has been using good skin care for the past 7 years.

My worst investment has been using the Clinique 3 step system that really stripped my skin. I'm only 25 so I know I'll have alot more bad, and hopefully good, investments down the road!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
The best investment of all is SUNSCREEN.. Cool

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |