Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
turning 40 in 11 hrs ...advice pleasssseeee
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:27 am      Reply with quote
I am desperate for skin care advice. I want to even out skin tone and keep the wrinkles at bay.

I need a good skin care routine and I don't know where to start...
I have normal skin with slight hyperpigmentation. I do have blackheads on nose and chin...no acne problem. I live in South Florida so I don't have to worry about dry skin in winter..

At the moment in the a.m. .I am using cetaphil to wash face, and finishing up the obagi that I never used consistently..but it's almost gone and I need to re-stock ...
I do use a good sunblock.

in the p.m I use tazorac .05
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Lou
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:59 am      Reply with quote
I cannot give such good advise right now, but I want to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Dancing
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
Loumomofthree wrote:
I am desperate for skin care advice. I want to even out skin tone and keep the wrinkles at bay.

I need a good skin care routine and I don't know where to start...
I have normal skin with slight hyperpigmentation. I do have blackheads on nose and chin...no acne problem. I live in South Florida so I don't have to worry about dry skin in winter..

At the moment in the a.m. .I am using cetaphil to wash face, and finishing up the obagi that I never used consistently..but it's almost gone and I need to re-stock ...
I do use a good sunblock.

in the p.m I use tazorac .05
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Lou

Happy Birthday! I have normal skin too and used to have hyperpigmentation which has gone away for the most part due to my skincare routine. Here's some quick advice, the cetaphil is fine for a cleanser. In the morning to help with the hyperpigmentation use Skinceuticals C E Ferulic serum right after you cleanse before you put on moisturizer. Find a nice, light moisturizer that you like. I like Cosmedix Protect, it has SPF in it but it sounds like you have a good sunscreen. The IS Clinical moisturizer is good too. At night you might want to alternate nights one night with the tazorac and another night with IS Clinical Active serum followed by a moisturizer or night cream, the IS Clinical moisturizer would work here too. I recently had a birthday too and have been trying lots of samples of things to shake up my skincare routine. The IS Clinical Active serum is a new addition to my routine and I'm finding that it is really evening out my skintone and making my skin clear. So, have fun with it, get samples where you can and you'll get lots of great advice from this forum, I found this forum while I was researching IS Clinical, and just try to find the right mix of products that works for you.
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I decided to order Vivier vitamin C 20 and Cellcosmet eye contour cream. My first EDS splurge...
Very Happy Lou
irka
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Happy Birthday!!!
Frangipani
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
Happy Birthday Lou!!! Hope you have a great day.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
Happy Birthday Lou...

And from one beachy girl to another, stay indoor's between 10 and 4..... Cool

K

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Loumomofthree wrote:
Well, I decided to order Vivier vitamin C 20 and Cellcosmet eye contour cream. My first EDS splurge...
Very Happy Lou

Sounds like a great start! A good Vitamin C serum and eye cream Enjoy!!!
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
Happy Birthday!

Oh, what I would give to be 40 again Laughing
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
Happy Birthday!! Very Happy
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Happy Birthday Lou!!!!!!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Happy Birthday, Lou! Good luck with your skin care routine! Very Happy
yomama606
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Happy Birthday!! Wear lots of sunscreen and moisturize! Wink
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:00 am      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
Happy Birthday! I have normal skin too and used to have hyperpigmentation which has gone away for the most part due to my skincare routine. Here's some quick advice, the cetaphil is fine for a cleanser. In the morning to help with the hyperpigmentation use Skinceuticals C E Ferulic serum right after you cleanse before you put on moisturizer. Find a nice, light moisturizer that you like. I like Cosmedix Protect, it has SPF in it but it sounds like you have a good sunscreen. The IS Clinical moisturizer is good too. At night you might want to alternate nights one night with the tazorac and another night with IS Clinical Active serum followed by a moisturizer or night cream, the IS Clinical moisturizer would work here too. I recently had a birthday too and have been trying lots of samples of things to shake up my skincare routine. The IS Clinical Active serum is a new addition to my routine and I'm finding that it is really evening out my skintone and making my skin clear. So, have fun with it, get samples where you can and you'll get lots of great advice from this forum, I found this forum while I was researching IS Clinical, and just try to find the right mix of products that works for you.

You are doll Very Happy
I really just don't know where to begin and with 3 children at home I don't have much time to research all I would like too. I will take your advice which will be a great starting. I can't thank-you enough.
Should I add a exfoliater as well?
Lou
Esme
5% products discount

Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:08 am      Reply with quote
Many Happy Returns !!! Smile
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Happy Birthday and welcome to "the 40's" Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Happy Birthday!!

I have been using Obagi for nearly 3 years and got very good improvements.
oh yes....I am 36 now, and people thought I was below 30. Very Happy
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Happy Birthday!! It sounds like you're on the right track using tazorac and a good sunblock plus adding a Vitamin C product and eye cream. Finding a good skincare routine that works for you is a lot of trial-and-error. This is where samples can be really helpful. Smile I am using Obagi products as well and think they have helped my skin look better. I love to read and research skin care and the recommendations that seem to come up most often are exfoliation, Retin-A or retinol products, topical Vitamin C, and using a good sunscreen.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
Loumomofthree wrote:

You are doll Very Happy
I really just don't know where to begin and with 3 children at home I don't have much time to research all I would like too. I will take your advice which will be a great starting. I can't thank-you enough.
Should I add a exfoliater as well?
Lou[/quote]

Thanks Smile Compliments will get you everywhere! Of course add an exfoliator, you need something to clear off all the dead skin from using the other products! Smile I like Astara daily refining facial scrub for a gentle scrub and Dr. Michelle Copeland Microdermabrasion or Tracie Martyn's enzyme exfoliant for a deep down exfoliation.
VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Happy Birthday Lou!

I would suggest to do a facial at home atleast once a week (if not twice). Drink plenty of water and have a good skincare routine.

If you are short on time, just applying natural yoghurt on your face & neck for 5mins everyday will make your skin glow. If you add a fruit to it or honey & dash of turmeric, even better.

Buying skincare products, I would recommend the oil from decleor for day time and the balm for night time. You can use any other moisturiser with the oil in the day. If you like decleor, you can use a moisturiser from decleor.

For facial products, Decleor's phytopeel combined with any other cleansing (clay & herb mask) or moisturising (hydra floral) is a good weekly routine. OR just using the peel off mask in mid-week is a good top up facial.

Feel free to ask me anything if this interests you.

Enjoy your day & have a fabulous year!!!
xx

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Happy, Happy Birthday!! Dancing I've seen a significant improvement with the Tazorac, but am still also battling the hyperpigmentation. There's been so many different things that have worked for so many people. I also use Meladerm during the day... I can't say it works too great alone, but works well with Tazorac. An exfoliator is a good idea, too. Good luck! Have a fantastic year...I'll be right there with you in two years!!! Very Happy
sgresnic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Happy birthday!
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
Happy belated Birthday, Lou!!

use a good Vit C serum and wear a good sunscreen!
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Gee...thanks for all the birtday wishes Very Happy
I have a few question for you girls but they will have to wait till the am..got to get the kids to bed...Lou
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |