Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What is your favorite product for sun damaged chest & ne
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kgboxer
5% products discount

Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
I have quite a bit of sun damage on my chest & neck. Some of it is brown spots plus quite a few red dots along with broken caps. My face is very pale, but my chest looks like I have a light sunburn. For years I have taken care of my face but neglected my chest & neck, now it looks so odd because my face looks younger than my chest. Has anyone found a miracle product that will help with this? I would love to have that creamy white skin on my neck like I had many years ago.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
NIA 24.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:52 am      Reply with quote
Okay Definity Mousse, used twice daily. I would also wear a strong UVA/UVB sunscreen over the Olay.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:53 am      Reply with quote
To date the product that has done the most for my declotee is Copper Peptides and a strong exfoliant. For exfoliation I use the Clarisonic daily and lactic acid once a week. You can use the exfoliant of your choice.

ditto to the strong UVA/UVB.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
kgboxer
5% products discount

Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
which copper peptide do you use?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
kgboxer wrote:
which copper peptide do you use?

I use Skin Biology CP's. If interested you should start with CP Serum. After finishing a bottle you can step up to Super CP's. I started CP's every other night on my declotee and within a few weeks went every night. After three months I started using Super CP Serum.

I suggest you read as much as you can of the Skin Biology website. It is loaded with all sorts of information. They also have a forum.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
DoubleTrouble
5% products discount

Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with BluesHeart.
NIA 24
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Skinceuticals C E Ferulic would probably help too.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
I use the BND cream from Skinbiology for my decollete.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:50 am      Reply with quote
2nd Winnie's post about exfoliation and sunscreen. The chest area is very hard to treat and it will take perserverance!
I got rid of some flakey brown patches with a strong exfoliator, EpidermxII, plus NCN Pumpkin Peel, plus Vivite glycolic products, plus sunblock. Still have to exfoliate weekly and conscientiously use the other products.
BabyQ LED also helps reverse sun-damaged skin, and I use that routinely.
Easier to prevent that sun damage than treat it later, isn't it! Wish I'd been more careful all those days of fun&sun on the beach!
And even in the house I wear SS now!
HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:34 am      Reply with quote
I share the same positive results that Winnie spoke of concerning the use of copper peptides & exfoliants for the chest & neck area. I had some sun damage & hyper-pigmentation on my chest area. I began using an exfoliant (AHA/BHA serum) applied nightly (wait 30 Min's) then applied copper peptide serum.

After 4-6 weeks the results were very obvious (Even my husband commented on how much better & smoother the skin looked - he rarely notices anything!). Now about 9-10 months later my neck & chest look incredible. Sometimes I cannot believe what an outstanding improvement I got from these two inexpensive products.

Highly recommend this approach to correcting damaged skin.

5% products discount

Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
I had the same problem, Obagi was a life saver for me.
Sadrina
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Exactly what products (name brand) do you use fairlady? (if you don't mind sharing that is Smile )
kgboxer
5% products discount

Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for all the recs. I have AHA, so I will start with that right away. I would like to add on the copper peptide too. What seems to be every ones favorite copper product for this purpose?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:06 am      Reply with quote
kgboxer wrote:
Thanks so much for all the recs. I have AHA, so I will start with that right away. I would like to add on the copper peptide too. What seems to be every ones favorite copper product for this purpose?

I suggest that you start with CP Serum. After you finish the CP Serum you can get Super CP Serum. Copper Peptides can be powerful. Always start with the weakest solution. Personally, I suggest to start with once a day, skipping a day between. Work you way up to twice a day gradually. If you feel once a day fits into your routine better it is fine to stick with that. I use Skin Biology's Copper Peptides.

Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:32 am      Reply with quote
What you describe here (especially the sunburn like appearance in that particular area) can be a symptom of a malfunctioning thyroid. I seriously suggest you get your thyroid checked out by your doctor. All it takes is a simple blood test.

kgboxer wrote:
I have quite a bit of sun damage on my chest & neck. Some of it is brown spots plus quite a few red dots along with broken caps. My face is very pale, but my chest looks like I have a light sunburn. For years I have taken care of my face but neglected my chest & neck, now it looks so odd because my face looks younger than my chest. Has anyone found a miracle product that will help with this? I would love to have that creamy white skin on my neck like I had many years ago.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:24 am      Reply with quote
fairlady wrote:
I share the same positive results that Winnie spoke of concerning the use of copper peptides & exfoliants for the chest & neck area. I had some sun damage & hyper-pigmentation on my chest area. I began using an exfoliant (AHA/BHA serum) applied nightly (wait 30 Min's) then applied copper peptide serum.

After 4-6 weeks the results were very obvious (Even my husband commented on how much better & smoother the skin looked - he rarely notices anything!). Now about 9-10 months later my neck & chest look incredible. Sometimes I cannot believe what an outstanding improvement I got from these two inexpensive products.

Highly recommend this approach to correcting damaged skin.

I was wondering what AHA/BHA stands for? Is that a brand name? Would you give us the brand name you use of the serum and Copper Peptide fairlady?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sadrina & MrsDowFire:

AHA stands for Alpha Hydroxy Acid. This is a blanket term for a variety of fruit acids such as Glycolic, Citric, Lactic, Malic and Tartaric. When included in a product at an effective concentration AHAs help disintegrate the "glue" that holds dead, dry skin cells to the surface of the skin. By doing so, the epidermis is exfoliated leaving a silky texture. Removal of this external barrier enables easier, deeper penetration of other skin actives as well.

BHA stands for Beta Hydroxy acid. There is only one BHA used as an exfoliant - Salicylic Acid. BHA also causes the cells of the epidermis to become unglued, allowing the dead skin cells to slough off, making room for regrowth of the new skin. Beta Hydroxy Acid is reported to improve wrinkling, roughness, and mottled pigmentation of photo-damaged skin after at least 6 months of daily application. Salicylic Acid generally causes less irritation than AHAs. The reason BHA appears to be less irritating than AHAs even though it penetrates deeper into the pore is because BHA is derived from acetylsalicylic acid, or aspirin. Aspirin has anti-inflammatory properties, and salicylic acid retains many of these anti-inflammatory properties.

The main difference between AHAs and BHA is their lipid (oil) solubility. AHAs are water soluble only, while BHA is lipid (oil) soluble. This means that BHA is able to penetrate into the pores which contain sebum and exfoliate the dead skin cells that are built up inside the pore. Because of the differences, BHA is ideal for oily skin as well as issues with blackheads & whiteheads. AHAs are ideal for rejuvenating thickened, sun-damaged skin.

I use a 5% BHA / 10% AHA (Lactic Acid)serum. (I originally started with just 2% BHA, then worked my way up to 2% BHA / 4% AHA combo, and ultimately to the serum I am using now) The company I purchased from is a home based company so I cannot list it on the forum. If anyone is still interested, please PM me and I will forward you all the information.

When purchasing BHA, AHA or Combinations it is important to know that both acids must be at the proper formulations to effectively work. Unfortunately, cosmetic manufacturers are not required to list pH information on the label. The only way to know for sure is to select a company that discloses the pH concentrations or to test with a pH strip. A lower pH will make more of the acid available - so it is stronger and more effective at skin penetration. Proper pH levels would be 2, 3, or 4%. The product I use is formulated at 2%.
Also, unlike AHA's that must be listed in the top 3 ingredients to indicate the appropriate concentration of acid, BHA can be listed in the middle or even towards the bottom of the ingredient list because it is effective at lower concentrations.

The Copper Peptide serum that I use is from Skin Biology. I use the Regular CP serum not the stronger formulas.

HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, thank you, thank you for your very informative reply. I did pm you to get more information.

I think I really have alot to learn about skin care Embarassed and along with everyone here and EDS I think I will get there and someday I might be able to answer questions..... Rolling Eyes

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info fairlady. I sent you a pm too.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:35 am      Reply with quote
My decollete still isn't where I would like it to be, but it's getting there. Used Vit C, Janson Beckett AlphadermaCE and Prep, 1% retinol and EpiII on a daily basis for the last year and it looks a lot better than it did. Recently started introducing NIA24 into the mix and plan to start CPs in a month or so. Deeper treerings around neck are noticably shallower and some of the crepiness is gone, but I still have some hyperpigmentation to deal with. I usually apply all the stuff I use on my face to neck and chest [with the exception of BHA]

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:24 am      Reply with quote
well, important to use is SPF of at least 50, not lower. But you have to fix the sun damaged skin. I use Obagi. You can use other types too. Once you find the ones that suit your skin, then stick to it.

kgboxer wrote:
LionQueen
5% products discount

Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
Mandelic acid toner (great against brown spots)

AmLactin lotion (12% lactic acid, very hydrating)

SPF 30 or higher
kgboxer
5% products discount

Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
jade-1235, Which of the Obagi products do you use. I have plans to start on the line in a couple of weeks when I get back from vacation. I am thinking about only using the Clear along with retin-A and of course a good sunscreen. I had read on another thread that the Obagi Sunfader is the exact same thing as Clear but with the addition of sunscreen. If that is the case, I had rather just use the Sunfader to do away with an extra layer of product. I would love to hear about your regimen and your results.

LionQueen, What is Mandelic Acid and where can I find this. Is this something I could use along with retin-a?
LionQueen
5% products discount

Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
kgboxer wrote:
LionQueen, What is Mandelic Acid and where can I find this. Is this something I could use along with retin-a?

I like the Vivant mandelic products, available on the betterhealthyskin website (lots of good info there as well).

There are also mandelic products at gardenofwisdom, and I think the NuCelle line is sold thru Amazon.

I'm iffy on the idea of using mandelic with Retin A. It's pretty drying and I think you could see excessive peeling and irritation. Might be okay on the decolletage ..... definitely seems like it would be a problem for the face.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |