Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

at home blue light for acne?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:00 am      Reply with quote
I am trying to find an at-home blue light to purchase for my daughters acne.I am having trouble finding it on the net...its all treatments at a drs...very expensive.Can anyone direct me to a site to purchase my own light system?
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
I bought Tanda skin care. This set comes with blue and red light: http://www.tandaskincare.com/
HTH Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
irka
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
does it actually work for acne?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
I am trying to find an at-home blue light to purchase for my daughters acne.I am having trouble finding it on the net...its all treatments at a drs...very expensive.Can anyone direct me to a site to purchase my own light system?

http://www.lightstim.com/acne_skin_care_light.html

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
mina1
5% products discount

Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
The Tanda system may work for you as i've used it before. I hate the fact that it has the on board timer and shuts off automatically after every treatment of the 3mins. I feel the Lightstim is a much better choice!!
FizzyBubbles
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Google Marvel Mini Light and it comes in several versions including the blue light. $225 I think.
I have not used it, simply read a post about it and she thought it was great (she used the one for wrinkles, though, not acne)
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
I didnt know the blue light was for wrinkles,only acne......
havana8

Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
The Quasar SP from AdvanThera (Quasar Light Therapy) comes with both the Quasar Pro SP Red/Amber plus the Quasar Pro Blue. You could keep the anti-aging wand for yourself and give your daughter the other wand for acne. Or there is also the Baby Blue for around $349.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
I didnt know the blue light was for wrinkles,only acne......

The following is copied from lightstim.com

{The Anti-Acne Light™ mixes medical-grade, blue LED bulbs along with red and infrared LED bulbs. There are a total of 72 high-grade, high-output individual bulbs of varying wavelengths between 450nm and 1000nm. The total output of which is 9,360mW! The blue medical grade lights help to kill the acne causing bacteria while the red and infrared lights work to minimize inflammation of the pores.}

Since red + infrared LED is used for anti-aging, + blue light is for acne, maybe this light, with all 3 in one unit would serve double duty for you and your daughter.. hmm

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:42 am      Reply with quote
i will be going to the dr today and ask him about the light......thanks
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Bumping this thread as I am looking for a blue light for my sons comedonal acne. Does anyone have any experience using a blue light for comedonal acne. He is 13 and his acne is almost under control using oral and topical zinc and silver soap. I just think the blue light might also help? Also any product recs would be very much appreciated.

Opinions etc gratefully recieved.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:53 am      Reply with quote
My son uses tria blue light. It definitely works. I would buy the tria again, although it has a pricey cartridge replacement system..otoh, it is very quick to use..which means thst my son actually uses it. Wink

You can see a video of how to use it, on the tria website.
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
My son uses tria blue light. It definitely works. I would buy the tria again, although it has a pricey cartridge replacement system..otoh, it is very quick to use..which means thst my son actually uses it. Wink

Thankyou Catski!!
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
I think quick and easy would be a key factor to success here. I tried a blue light Tanda with my son about 4 years ago. It took about 20 minutes for a treatment. It was too much hassle. And if you aren't consistent with it, it doesn't help.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:

Catski - I haven't looked but so you know if this available in the US?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:25 am      Reply with quote
Actually I bought it from an ebay seller in the US, so yes it must be.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:40 am      Reply with quote
Truthinaging sells one I think.I bought one off ebay for 29,havent used yet.its called truthinaging ultra renew led
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Blu-ray is useless to me, Eminence Organic Clear Skin line of acne is very effective

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:49 am      Reply with quote
I used Evis blue light for months and never saw any reduction in my acne. I think this company may be out of business now. There is research behind blue led for acne working well. Just this particular brand didn't pan out for me.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |