Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Poll: What's your Favorite Powder Foundation?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Leigh
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,
I love the idea of a quick, simple powder foundation but have yet to really look for one. What's your favorite? I want at least medium coverage and something on the matte side. Thank you all for your ideas!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:22 am      Reply with quote
Stila's Illuminating Powder Foundation is a good one.
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:55 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Laura Mercier's powder foundation and I think the texture is great!
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:11 am      Reply with quote
I'm hooked on Jane Iredale's PurePressed MMU. I apply it with the Handi brush. It works as foundation, powder, and SPF. Goes on flawless. Stuff is awesome.

Leigh wrote:
Hi Everyone,
I love the idea of a quick, simple powder foundation but have yet to really look for one. What's your favorite? I want at least medium coverage and something on the matte side. Thank you all for your ideas!!

5% products discount

Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
Bare Escentuals. I buy it. I sell it. I LOVE it! Karen Smile
CMAYC
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
I used to use Bare Escentuals, but I started not to like the artificial "glow" it gave me as I got older. I used so many oil blotting papers every day, thinking I was just really oily all the time. I also think it made me look a lot older than my years.

I now use Youngblood mineral makeup. It gives me a subtle glow that is more matte. It's a beautiful product. For medium to full coverage, just apply it with a kabuki brush. I also LOVE their sundance bronzer! AND oil blotting papers are not necessary now.
nibn
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:36 am      Reply with quote
Jeannine wrote:
I'm hooked on Jane Iredale's PurePressed MMU. I apply it with the Handi brush. It works as foundation, powder, and SPF. Goes on flawless. Stuff is awesome.

Leigh wrote:
Hi Everyone,

another vote for Jane Iredale, but I use the loose powder since I have dry skin
yomama606
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:50 am      Reply with quote
Bare Escentuals!
Margot
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:38 am      Reply with quote
another vote for Jane Iredale PurePressed MMU!
Blaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
Laura Mercier or Shiseido. Both have very nice coverage and I love that they both leave very fine,"flawless," porcelain finish.
Leigh
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:01 am      Reply with quote
I may have to look at the shiseido powdery foundation. I've used the Laura Mercier one, hoping for an HG, but I have to say that it looked terrible on me and added infinite years to my face! I'm only 28 for peet's sake! LOL.

5% products discount

Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:33 am      Reply with quote
Have just ordered the Bare Esscentuals kit so hopefully will be able to report back soon that it is great!! Wink
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:32 am      Reply with quote
Everday Minerals and silk/pearl powder, hands down.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Urbnengineer
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:53 am      Reply with quote
I have to put in a vote for Jane Iredale pressed powder MMU. I've tried Everyday Minerals, PurMinerals, and Bare Escentuals and I still think it wins hands down. It's a nice matte coverage, lasts ALL day, has an SPF and is sweat and tear-proof!
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Everyday Minerals are excellent, ten out of ten.

My new passion is Meow cosmetics, they have the most wonderful array of colour matches, in 3 levels of coverage, so you can really get what you want.

( really gorgeous eyeshadows, too!)
oncloudten
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Laura Mercier and Trish McEvoy....but have heard good things from the Estee Lauder one,too...

V
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Agree with catski. I really like Everday Minerals. I've not tried many MMU brands but I dont think I need to cos Im very happy with EM, although I think its too matte but after half an hour after application, the MMU melts into the skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:01 am      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
Agree with catski. I really like Everday Minerals. I've not tried many MMU brands but I dont think I need to cos Im very happy with EM, although I think its too matte but after half an hour after application, the MMU melts into the skin.

I feel like I hit the MMU jackpot. Everyday Minerals was only the 2nd brand I tried, first was Bare Escentuals [uggh!] I was extremely pleased with what I found at EDM and basically stopped looking. I've heard so many stories about ladies who tried so many brands, never to find the right one so I feel fortunate that my search was very short-lived. Wish I could say the same for the search for a perfect sunscreen Smile Now THAT was a quest!

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
Makeup Forever's Duo Matte Powder Foundation
pink_planet
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:19 am      Reply with quote
Jane Iredale makes the best pressed powder!!
It's just really natural and gives a good coverage without the powdery look.

bare escentual is too oily..no idea how it makes my dry skin super oily.

mac makes me break out.

dr. hauschka don't cover as good as JI but I bought it so I use it on top of my JI cuz it's really really fine and light
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown!
Leigh
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:29 am      Reply with quote
I went ahead and ordered some EM in the intensive formula in Golden Fair from the golden family. I had gotten a sample of this awhile ago and I do think I like it. Ugh, it's so very difficult to find a good color match and something that offers good coverage that doesn't break me out or irritate my sensitive skin! Have any of you tried their intensive formula? TIA

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Catski,

You say you're into Meow cosmetics...did you use another line so I could figure out colors? I use Warm Silk in Jane Iredale and Sandy fair or sunkissed fair in everyday minerals. There are too many colors for me...I'm confused!
sgresnic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
I like the Everyday Minerals - I've been really happy with how it looks and wears. I might try a sample of Silk Naturals next - I was impressed with their eye shadows and lippies.
Jenny1970
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
I'm really happy with mineral make-up, i have numerous brands and like all of them
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |