Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
LOOKING FOR A GOOD FOUNDATION
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
babs1031
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
OK...I need help. I am looking for a good foundation w/medium coverage. I don't like it when it looks like I am wearing foundation. I currently use Bare Minerals..I do like it but I want too see what others are using and like. My skin has some marks from past acne and some foundations really show them up. Not sure what to do..need coverage but not cakey...I am thinking I would prefer a liquid, maybe a tinted moisturizer but I am afraid it might be too oily for my skin....What's everyone out there using????
alilicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi Babs,
I LOVE Trish McEvoy's Bare Skin foundation!!! It is very light almost like a tinted moisturizer, but provides great coverage and looks very natural. It does not have an SPF, but I do believe it is oil-free. The bottle is small and it does cost $55 USD, but for the finish it gives I feel it is well worth the cost. I absolutely it! HTH!
Ali

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Bobbi Brown has good foundation.
Urbnengineer
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi. I've used Bare Minerals too (as well as PurMinerals and Everyday Minerals) and I too have red spots that seem to never go away. To keep my skintone even, I use Jane Iredale Disappear for the spots and then Jane Iredale pressed powder for the rest of my face. It allows me to wear less foundation overall, but really even out the redness. I know it's not an "all-in-one" but sometimes you just need 2 things to solve 2 different problems.

HTH!
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:50 am      Reply with quote
I prefer mmu and also have acne scars that have never gone away. My favorites are:
JI and UGG. I didn't have good luck with EDM in finding a colour. A good concealer also helps. I agree with the statement about it making you need less foundation so you don't end up looking too made up. Good luck!
ashleynicole0130

Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Babs,
I'm so happy you posted about this because I too have been looking for a change in foundation!

I was wondering if anyone could give me some info on mineral makeup...I'm so sick of wearing foundation that you can SEE. I want to look flawless Laughing
babs1031
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the suggestions...looks like there a few out there I need to look into. I really don't use a concealer but maybe if i found a good one, then finding a foundation might be easier. I think I am very critical of my skin and just continue to see the flaws although others don't see them.
babs1031
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Ashleynicole...I do use Bare Minerals, I just feel it still looks too heavy but others seem to love it. There have been suggestions about JI and I am thinking of trying that but I would like to get a sample first....
yomama606
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
I use BM, and I think it works great...but I agree that it does not conceal acne marks. I always apply a bit of concealer, and then BM Bisque, before I apply the foundation and this usually does the trick. I think the key to MMU is trying to get the right color to match your skin tone.
ashleynicole0130

Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
does BM come in a powder or liquid or both? and if there is a choice, which do you all like more?
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
Lunasol by Kanebo foundation it's very very good. I never use any foundation like this before.
amybrown
5% products discount

Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi Babs! I found a great foundation/moisturizer that I have fell in love with. It is Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer. Application is easy because it is a moisturizer, but you get coverup because it is tinted. It contains an SPF of 20 so you have the needed daily protection against sun's rays. Plus, it just feels really good on the skin. Check it out!
Eyes_green
5% products discount

Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:09 am      Reply with quote
Armani - 55 bucks, but skin is flawless! Cant tell if I am wearing a make up. And they have a great pallete for any kind of skin tone. I would recommend to have it tried with a professional artist to pick the right tone for you.
WeiFen
5% products discount

Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:34 am      Reply with quote
I second Lunasol by Kanebo. I bought it when I was traveling in Asia. Kanebo products are difficult to find in Australia and I don't think Kanebo have launched the Kanebo Lunasol range in the US.
babs1031
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi Amy, is this moisturizer oil free? I am always concerned about breakouts. :(
autumnApple
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Reading this thread makes me want to try JI. I'm not sure how to pick the correct color though. I'll look around to see if I can find a "professional artist" to help me pick the right color so my skin looks as natural as possible Very Happy
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
An economical and effective, totally natural looking tinted moisturizer is Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer. It is an oil free Sheer tint with vitamin infused Retinol treatment and SPF 20 moisturizer.
It will not cover spots. I accomplish that by dabbing Dermablend cover creme with a Q-tip on a couple of spots.
In her book "Don't Go to the cosmetic counter without me" Paula Begoun recommends it.
babs1031
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Neutrogena...very interesting, oil free but a tinted moisturizer. I think I might look into this since i have tried other Neutrogena products in the past and thought they were pretty good. Do they have a variety of shades to choose from?
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
There are several shades. I use Neutral to Tan 40. The darkest is 60.
Helenlee

Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:25 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the following foundations (depend on the mood and weather) and my choice is as follow:

1.RMK - whether in Fluid or cream form, I think they are the best, very sheer, but coverage is great and easy to spread. The color looks very natural on the skin and will last for the whole day. Need minimal retouching.

2. Kanebo - Lunasol, very natural and will not dry up the skin.

3. La mer - average, nothing special, good for my skin during winter

4. Gorgio Armani (cream foundation) - looks great on the face when first applied, but will not last long.

5. Nina Ricci - very natural and easy to spread with good covrage

I have never tried the mineral makeup but I saw so many raves about Bare Escentuals, I must try it in my next order.
marmys
5% products discount

Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:50 am      Reply with quote
I am just about to try the Bare Minerals so i am glad to see you just want a change and not that BE is a bad product! i have always had trouble with liquid foundations (either too sheer and no coverage or too heavy and I feel self-conscious). I am hoping that the mineral makeup is a nice compromise, but will look with interest at other peoples recommendations for you.
Urbnengineer
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:56 am      Reply with quote
I would give Jane Iredale a try...it seems lighter than BE to me (as well as PurMinerals, and Everyday Minerals). I haven't seen a sample for it, but it's much less at EDS (only $41 versus $48-55 elsewhere). Plus, with your forum discount, it'll be even less! You can call the folks at EDS for skin color reccommendations too.
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
All I can say that I tried my friend's Jane Iredale and it made me itch. I then tried LaurEss, Lumiere, Alima and UGloGirl and for my dryish skin UGlo was the best and while my skin still shows through it had the best coverage. It really pays to go the sampling route before spending $$.
babs1031
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
BE is fine, but sometimes I want other options. I just bought the Neutrogena based on the above recomendation. I will keep you posted on how I like it for coverage.
babs1031
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
Can you buy Lunasol by Kanebo in the US? I have never heard of it but a few of you seem to really like it.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |