Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Has anyone tried Elizabeth Grant skin care line.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
galshiba
5% products discount

Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
I was watching the shopping channel and they were promoting Elizabeth Grant skin care line. Torricelumn is the key ingredient in reversing the aging process. I’ve never heard of Torricelumn before. Does anyone know anything about it. The people who apparently have used this product claims that its miracle product for the skin.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Go to the website and it will tell you all there is about torricelumn. You'll be able to read the reviews of each product. Its a fantastic product line.
Matherton
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:50 am      Reply with quote
Hello!
I tired Elizabeth Grant skin care about 2 years ago....and i found it to be quite good. It was all very gentle and claming...it did nothing for my acne(i dont know why i thought it would!) , but i was great to try and is definatley worth investigating.
skinrg
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I just received my Elizabeth Grant showstopper, and I find her serums very nice. My skin feels moist all day! This came with a 30 day money back guarantee, so I'm going to give it a try.
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
I used a few of her eyecreams, yes a few! why there are 3 versions is beyond me. I wasn't that impressed with this eyecream. Of course others love the line, to each his own. Very Happy

Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I started using EG torricilumn Pur day and night creams about 2 weeks ago, and have yet to see any improvement on fine lines that I ave, but my skin DOES feel hydrated al day long, but it's kind of sticky. This is my first post, gosh I have lots to learn!
Gingerly
5% products discount

Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:18 am      Reply with quote
I've heard good things, but not if you are blemish-prone.
pooch

Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Not sure if it is the cream, but over the last few days, I've had a load of spots come on my face. Not usually blemish prone. Same time as I started this cream, also started using "Youthful essence", so could be either....or neither!
nlewis

Sat May 29, 2010 3:57 am      Reply with quote
I have been using EG products now for about 7 years. I will use nothing else. Amazing for the skin. I am 64 on Tuesday. People cannot believe it. They think I'm late 40's. Her products are phenomenal but buy them from the shopping channel as very expensive if you buy from her website. When she is a guest there, (she is today) that's when you get the deals. I highly recommend you try it..you will be pleased with the results. Follow her instructions and you won't be disappointed. Try her shower and bath products also..amazing!!!!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 29, 2010 4:05 am      Reply with quote
Gingerly wrote:
I've heard good things, but not if you are blemish-prone.

I never break out and am totally underwhelmed with this whole line! The products just sat on my skin and never absorbed in, and did nothing, no results at all just a huge waste of money! There is an older thread on here somewhere and many had the same non result as I did. Basically most did not like the line.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 29, 2010 5:42 am      Reply with quote
I agree, one hundred per cent, with everything Dark Moon said. This skin care line did not work for me.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 29, 2010 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Is Toricellum just another kind of Tourmaline,
but with a fancy name?

I just remember seiing the Elizabeth Grant shows on TV years ago, and her story seems so preposterous?

But the shopping chanel in Canada at least there is free return shipping,sonot much to lose.

I'm kind of curious about the line,but doubt it would do anything for me.

I'm sort of looking for a face serum for light summer moisture,
but are her items Fragrance free?

if you see her presentations online or on TV- she acts like a "crazy old lady" and even pretends to turn off her hearing aid on TV to ignore people?
I have more of a impression of her being strange than of the line.... Laughing
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 29, 2010 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
I agree, one hundred per cent, with everything Dark Moon said. This skin care line did not work for me.

Agree 100 % .I purchasedit 3 years ago and after 2 weeks i got a bad alergic reaction - returned it and got money back .Still I had to pay shipment back that wasn't cheap - 25 or so
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 29, 2010 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
It's been a while but it's not fragrance free! I think she made that name up to be frank. I can't buy her nut job story that her face was destroyed back in WW2 and this stuff magically repaired all the damage?!? I think she's a bit fruit loops and can be a bit rude. JMHO Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 30, 2010 2:29 am      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
but with a fancy name?

No, its fermented marine products, a mix of some fermented seaweeds or algae I think. Basically a good nutrient mix for the skin.

(But you can easily get the same elsewhere like Biotherm Skin Vivo, Estee Lauder's new serum, Skin Actives Scientific puts it in all their creams...of course La Mer)

I have an older relative who loves Elizabeth Grant. I find it too thick and heavy for my skin, plus it looks like her products have a ton of preservatives (parabens) in them as well, if that's a concern for some people.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 30, 2010 9:19 am      Reply with quote
I have posted this before I think this is either a love or hate line for most. I have very normal skin and I am 56. I exfoliate use OCM for years, use mild peels at home and use masks clay and others. No matter what I do or how small an amount I use all the products just sit on top of my skin and I hate the way that feels, and I can't believe it is absorbing into the skin to do anything! I tried using it after what I spent but saw no effect so finally just tossed it aside and moved on! As another poster on the other thread said YUCK just YUCK. That's my experience with the product line.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 30, 2010 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
maiea wrote:
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
but with a fancy name?

No, its fermented marine products, a mix of some fermented seaweeds or algae I think. Basically a good nutrient mix for the skin.

(But you can easily get the same elsewhere like Biotherm Skin Vivo, Estee Lauder's new serum, Skin Actives Scientific puts it in all their creams...of course La Mer)

I have an older relative who loves Elizabeth Grant. I find it too thick and heavy for my skin, plus it looks like her products have a ton of preservatives (parabens) in them as well, if that's a concern for some people.

Ah,
thanks!
Obv I must be paying too much attentionto her kookiness...she must be that strange to distract from such bad products Laughing

The only seaweed cream I've tried is Mario Badescu seaweed night cream, for around 1 week so far.
No idea if it is fermented,but it containes Bladerwrack extract (was on their site yesterday,annoying how samples come w no instructions,but smart so you go back to their site to look them up,lol).

I'm not expecting the Seaweed night cream I just got to do anything amazing...well so far it does feel very nice on the face,leaves skin soft!

A non-greasy, oil-free night cream enriched with Seaweed, Collagen and Hyaluronic Acid to soften, hydrate and nourish the skin without clogging pores. It leaves the skin feeling soft and silky.

Deionized Water, Bladderwrack Extract,Polyglycerylmethacrylate,Stearic Acid,Isopropyl Myristate,Cetyl Alcohol,Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Hyaluronic Acid, Collagen,Propylparaben,Triethanolamine,Methylparaben,Benzoic Acid,Imidazolidinyl Urea.

There is no fragrance, and it absorbs well.
Price is decent (cost $20 for 30ml).
I'd say 1/2 my skin items are from this line right now....

I tried the Skin vivo eye cream, it is nice,but a bit harsh on my skin.
Should have bothered to try it in the store,but they had such a good promotion that day (got more than i spent in store points,buy lots of food at that store also....).
So, I was kind of swayed by that.

I'm using Skin Vivo eye cream 1x a week,but debating wether to give it to my sister or not?

I think Ihave an eye gel and cream "problem" Laughing

I'm kind of interested in that fermented seaweed extract I keep on hearing about on here,
but do not know enough yet toknow what to use it for...

But back to Elizabeth Grant...
I thought she lived in Canada during the war? or for a long time.

Also,how do we really know if she actually had an "injury",maybe if she gave people more info on herelf, not as many would be suspicious of her...
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 30, 2010 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
I was reading a thread about the Elizabeth Grant line on another board. Sorry for this totally uncalled for, bratty comment but I went to the site and couldn't help noticing how much it looks like the Oro Gold website. Have not used either line. http://www.orogoldcosmetics.com/
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 30, 2010 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:

The only seaweed cream I've tried is Mario Badescu seaweed night cream, for around 1 week so far.
No idea if it is fermented,but it containes Bladerwrack extract

I'm kind of interested in that fermented seaweed extract I keep on hearing about on here,

Companies usually make a big deal of fermented seaweed/algae products so if MB doesn't say it, it might not be...

Fermented seaweed/algae is awesome stuff. by fermenting it, it releases a lot of good nutrients for your skin. I get mine through skin actives scientific... but I've also used skin vivo (their regular cream) before. I tried their eyegel and it didn't give me a problem.. only thing about skin vivo is there is a scent to their products.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 31, 2010 12:33 am      Reply with quote
maiea wrote:
Ottawa Shopper wrote:

No idea if it is fermented,but it containes Bladerwrack extract

Companies usually make a big deal of fermented seaweed/algae products so if MB doesn't say it, it might not be...

Fermented seaweed/algae is awesome stuff. by fermenting it, it releases a lot of good nutrients for your skin. I get mine through skin actives scientific... but I've also used skin vivo (their regular cream) before. I tried their eyegel and it didn't give me a problem.. only thing about skin vivo is there is a scent to their products.

The packaging says it is fragrance free...I pretty much always get fragrance free eye creams.
But since I do not have the packaging I looked it up online.

http://www.biotherm.ca/_en/_ca/facecare/index_prod.aspx?prdcode=SV0004&CatCode=AXE_FACE_CARE^F1_VIS_SKINVIVO^F2_VIS_SKINVIVO_EyeCare&

Especially formulated for the eye area, this fresh, creamy gel instantly illuminates the eye area and works to renew youthful radiance every day. Ophthalmologist tested. Fragrance-free.

I guess I should getto bed again......
But,ya most of the Biotherm items are quite fragranced, esp the face cream!

at least they have the ingredients listed online now.
I have to know the ingredients before buying something...I have very fussy skin Rolling Eyes
SoCalGal
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:26 am      Reply with quote
I just found this thread as I was investigating EG skincare. Someone is raving about it on another forum, but it seems like she has dry, dry, aging skin.

I was very unimpressed with the website. All of the 'information' was vague and used terms like "formulated to do the following" which is not exactly a definite claim of efficacy.

Also, I never like to buy when I don't see the ingredients clearly listed. To say that "the active ingredients are" is skating over what is really in the product and in what percentages.

I don't think I'm going to bother with this line. Just knowing about the parabens is enough, in addition to the snake oil sales pitch feel of the website, to turn me off.

How did she 'damage' her skin? How did she know what was in the miracle cream to cure 'war wounds'? It's all just too fantastic (as in - a fantasy).
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:31 am      Reply with quote
SoCalGal,

Thank your lucky stars you didn't get sucked in by the bs! Bad Grin
I don't like to totally bash a line but I hate this overpriced junk and the hype that is used to pawn it off to people! Hate this line!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:29 am      Reply with quote
ITA Dark Moon....100% with you. EG was a pile of junk and wasted money. Just my opinion.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:35 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
ITA Dark Moon....100% with you. EG was a pile of junk and wasted money. Just my opinion.

LOL, leeleedeedee Deja Vu I think we have shared this opinion before. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:59 am      Reply with quote
We certainly have, Dark Moon, and I doubt that our opinion will every change. EG was an extremely bad experience for both of us. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |