Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Super CP Serum - Small (28.3 g / 1 oz) Shira Nutriburst Resurfacing Booster (30 ml) Peter Thomas Roth Potent-C Power Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)
Eighth day on Obagi, and the reactions from people.....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
dm26
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
azumma wrote:
dm26, BTW do you peel now?? If you do, how badly?? I just want to know..Becasue when I read your thread in this forum, your case is kind of similar to mine. Did your freckles get lighter?? or no changes at all???

azumma,
i'm not using obagi for freckles, but for pigmentation left by acne. i am on my 10th week and i do not peel so much but the redness is persistent. i didn't think the redness would have lasted this long. it's discouraging. my marks have faded somewhat. not much of a drastic difference though. i realise it is a very slow process.
i'm doing 2 more weekson obagi and then i'll be stopping the retin a for 2 weeks to prepare for a scar revision procedure. i have some indented scars i would like to fix.
chuchu

Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
lifecoach wrote:
Well, day 8 and my skin is slightly sore (especially around the mouth...it hurts to eat.)

I normally wear make-up to work, but after day 7 my skin looked too scaly for this so I decided to forgo make-up for the total time I am on Obagi.

OH MY GOD! My colleagues asked if I was ill. One of my bosses said I looked terrible would I like to go home, and I keep getting odd looks from other members of staff. Has anyone else experienced this? Shock

After all of this, I don't care I am beginning to see good skin, and I am so excited! Very Happy

Too funny!

Im now on maintenance but when I was going through the redness and peeling process people would always trip out. I would tell people that I had an allergic reaction to something, but i didnt know what it was. Laughing

Of course its different for me as a male to look like I have a bad tan and flaky skin as opposed to a lady like yourself.

Everyone, just hang in there. Before you know it youll be brushing your teeth with hydroquinolone. Very Happy
dm26
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:52 am      Reply with quote
chuchu,
how long did u use obagi before going on maintenance? do u still experience redness and peeling while on maintenance?
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:22 am      Reply with quote
dm26 wrote:
azumma wrote:
dm26, BTW do you peel now?? If you do, how badly?? I just want to know..Becasue when I read your thread in this forum, your case is kind of similar to mine. Did your freckles get lighter?? or no changes at all???

azumma,
i'm not using obagi for freckles, but for pigmentation left by acne. i am on my 10th week and i do not peel so much but the redness is persistent. i didn't think the redness would have lasted this long. it's discouraging. my marks have faded somewhat. not much of a drastic difference though. i realise it is a very slow process.
i'm doing 2 more weekson obagi and then i'll be stopping the retin a for 2 weeks to prepare for a scar revision procedure. i have some indented scars i would like to fix.

Thanks for sharing, dm26 I am on 15 weeks. I am almost there to 18 weeks. But my freckels are fading but not completely gone... Sad .. I have three more weeks to go..I will see how it works in three weeks... But these days, i don't peel at all. at this point, I am afraid of something like that what if my freckles coming back and at the same time what if I have to use this Hydroquinon for the rest of my life...So I am looking for the substitute of Obagi currently after my 18 weeks..
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:31 am      Reply with quote
azumma, have you made sure to use the correct amount of the products? Meaning, have you used 1 gram of blender with 1/2 gram of Retin A, and 1 gram of Clear twice a day? If you have not, that could be why your freckles are still there. Also, making sure to use a really good sunscreen to prevent new formation of freckles.
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
azumma, have you made sure to use the correct amount of the products? Meaning, have you used 1 gram of blender with 1/2 gram of Retin A, and 1 gram of Clear twice a day? If you have not, that could be why your freckles are still there. Also, making sure to use a really good sunscreen to prevent new formation of freckles.

Yes, Rileygirl, I used the amount that you mentioned before and it worked beautifully (peeling, redness, and fading freckles ), But I am not sure why from a week and half ago, it seems like my freckles get darker. I am not sure maybe it is my illusion. Since my face got red, I can't notice the freckles but now my face is not red anymore. I am not sure,, i will keep watching myself these days. I will keep you post it...
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
Good luck, azumma. I know that the freckles tend to get darker in the beginning, but have not heard of them getting darker toward the end. You may want to think about another 6 weeks (total of 24) on the program if you aren't happy at 18 weeks.
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Rileygirl,, I think I need to do the 24 weeks instead of 18 weeks. 6 more weeks do not hurt anything...My freckles are not as dark as before Obagi ..they are darker than 2 weeks ago.. Now my face is so white like a ghost..no redness at all but I can see my freckles especially on my cheek. Maybe I should use more strong SPF sun cream?? I am not sure, right now I am using 30 SPF from Obagi...can you recommend me a good sun cream?? high SPF??
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi, azumma. I think obagi is a really good sunscreen. I used that or Dr. Lewinn's when I was doing my 18 weeks. (Dr. Lewinn's is thick, but when you put it on it sinks right in. However, it does leave a little white cast pretty much like obagi). Are you using 1/4 teaspoon of the sunscreen and reapplying if you sweat, go out in the sun, etc?
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:01 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Hi, azumma. I think obagi is a really good sunscreen. I used that or Dr. Lewinn's when I was doing my 18 weeks. (Dr. Lewinn's is thick, but when you put it on it sinks right in. However, it does leave a little white cast pretty much like obagi). Are you using 1/4 teaspoon of the sunscreen and reapplying if you sweat, go out in the sun, etc?

No, I only apply once a day in the morining . I don't sweat at all that is why I don't need to reapply sunscreen during the day. My face is always dry and I hardly sweat Very Happy . BTW my face got better over the weekends (stayed home and didn't go out in the sun)..and it peels again around my nose and mouth..not a lot but a little bit.. but no redness. I think I will not be red anymore since I am almost 16 weeks completed so my face got used to Obagi system, right??? I will see the result when I finish the 18 weeks and decide I will continue to do 6 more weeks or not. If I am satisfied with result, I will go ahead doing Obagi as maintenance basis. I can't wait... Bad Grin
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:23 am      Reply with quote
I am glad to hear your skin got better, azumma! You are almost done and I bet you are thrilled with your skin! You probably will not be red anymore! Keep us posted. Very Happy
dm26
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:56 am      Reply with quote
ok rileygirl, unfortunately i'm not doing very well with the sunscreen from obagi Zo. i've only used it two days, and i noticed that i am getting some tiny pimples. don't know if it's clogging my pores and causing them. also i'm not totally sure if it's the sunscreen or if it's the fact that i've cut back on the exfoderm. i've used the exfoderm only once in the last week. and my redness hasn't subsided much. i'm really growing wary of obagi.

anyway rileygirl, i need ur advice about something. i think i should start using obagi every other day now to reduce the redness, and i was wondering if Md Forte products are good to use on the days i won't be using obagi. do u think this is a good idea? i believe my skin responds well to glycolics. and are there any Md Forte products u would recommend in particular?? i know you've tried this line before so i would really appreciate ur advice.
thanks alot.

p.s i'm asian with medium light complexion, and oily acne prone skin.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:24 am      Reply with quote
dm26, I replied on the other thread, ok?
cocojoy

Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
I have only just started using this product - could someone please advise if im suppose to tap the products onto my skin or actually meant to rub it in. This is my third day on the product and no evidence of flaking or peeling - is this normal?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Rub the products in. It is part of the process. Perfectly normal not to flake or peel at this early stage. Give it time, it will happen! Good luck! Very Happy
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Riley do you still use Obagi? Why/why not. I know you had great results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Riley do you still use Obagi? Why/why not. I know you had great results.

I do not use Obagi anymore, sister sweets. I don't have any hyperpigmentation issues as the Obagi took care of that for me. Also, unfortunately, I cannot use hydroquinone any longer as it raises my liver enzymes. This is just a personal medical issue with me, and is not the norm.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Nighttime Nourishing Oil (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Skin Biology Super CP Serum - Small (28.3 g / 1 oz) Skin Biology LacSal Gentle Exfoliation Cream - Small (56.7 ml / 2 oz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |