Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

what's your skin care regime? am/pm?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
teatea
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Help!
Looking for ideas for am/pm skincare regime for late 30's combination/sensitive skin.
What has worked for you? And in what order?
Thanks Smile
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Here is my current regime and it's working.

Morning:
-Emu-Neem Soap by Earth to Body
-EpidermX II
-Yonka Lotion PNG Normal Oily Skin
-Cellex-C High Potency Serum
-Jan Marini Bioclear Lotion (spot treat)
-Yonka Creme 15
-Yonka Creme 410-6

Evening:
-Yonka Gel Nettoyant Cleansing Gel
-Yonka Lotion PNG Normal Oily Skin
-EpidermX II
-Jan Marini Bioclear Lotion (all over)
-Yonka Creme 15 (if my skin felt dry)

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
i try to do the bare minimum because of my combination skin......although i have alot of brands of stuff in my drawers to get through..at the moment it is

am wash with neutragena 2 in 1 mask wash
followed by Elemis tri enzyme wash
followed by No 7 Perfect and Protect
followed by Decleor Alpha cream

at night
Decleor Iris night balm

I get bored very easily and chop and change the stuff i use like the wind

Neutral
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:57 am      Reply with quote
AM:
wash face with microfiber cloth
PSF O2 serum
PSF ALA serum
PSF O2 serum (sandwiching effect!)
Bioderma AKN SPF30 sunscreen

PM:
wash face with Fancl House Nano Power cleasing oil
PSF O2 Serum
15% Vitamin C serum
PSF O2 serum
HA serum
teatea
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:54 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all of your replies,
I am just never sure what order to apply products.
I am using the cellex c serum and I am not sure when to use it.
marmys
5% products discount

Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
i use a serum after cleansing and before moisturising.
Urbnengineer
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
In terms of order, it seems to me that you want the last thing to seal all the other things in, so that should be either a moisturizer, or a SPF cream. The first thing is a cleanser, so everything in between should be a toner/vitamin treatment that adds to the skin before you seal it all in.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
My routine has changed somewhat, but here's my most recent which I'm quite happy with!

AM
-Clarisonic (full power, sensitive brush) with -Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser
-MyChelle Fruit Enzyme Mist toner
-A few drops of homemade facial oil blend
-100% Pure Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream
-Devita Solar Protection Creme 30

I'm looking to add PSF 15% Vitamin C serum back in, once it arrives.

PM
-Clarisonic with Burt's Bees again (but I'm looking to try out a different cleanser just to see)
-MyChelle Fruit Enzyme Mist toner
-A few drops of homemade facial oil blend
-Retin-A MicroGel 1.0%

I used to use EpidermxII and liked it, so I have some on the way from EDS for weekly use. I almost never do masks but if I do it's a clay mask, once or twice a month at most.

I'm thinking of incorporating a BHA product to help with blackheads, but Retin-A seems to help some too.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
^^ ginnielizz, using the clarisonic twice a day is obviously working for you right? I didn't realize it was ok to be used that frequently?..
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
You know, it's brand new for me as of about two weeks ago, but my first impression is that it wasn't doing as much as I'd hoped. So I stepped up the usage and I also use it for a longer amount of time. Works fine for my often-sensitive skin, but my sensitivity comes and goes and I've been in a "resilient" phase ever since I got it. Laughing So I'm not sure how it'd be for everyone!

The manual does say you can use it twice per day. I started doing only once but decided I liked twice better, so I upped it. I just advise you to start low and work up. I'll try switching to the non-sensitive brush next and see how I like that, but so far no issues.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
ok thanks! I usually use mine 4 days per week with a non sensitive brush, and I do it for twice as long. Maybe I will experiment with the usage... I also use the BB orange cleanser! But find that is doesn't really remove my sunscreen, so I mostly just use it in the morning. I like the Devita 30+ as well, but am unsure of how protective it really is. At the moment I am using Dermalogica Super Sensitive 30+, and really like it. This is a newish product I believe.
teatea
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
Ginnielizz--tell me about this homemade facial oil!!!!
What type of skin do you have?
chuck
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
I have just started using Zenbiotic's ,and this is the most amazing skin care line ,all natural no additives and a great price . Go to their web site and read about it as I can't explain it all .I am 53 and my skin loves it ,any skin type can use it and they also have a line for acne .

Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
tried and tested many products..dry/dehydrated...the PSF products are amazing and the price is great..P.H Advantage as well...
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
teatea wrote:
Thanks for all of your replies,
I am just never sure what order to apply products.
I am using the cellex c serum and I am not sure when to use it.

Vitamin C should be applied in the a.m., after cleansing, to your thouroughly dried face, neck and chest. Moisturizer, and or sunscreen, can be applied 10 minutes after the C.

Vitamin C needs time to be absorbed before applying anything else, or it will be oxidized and cause more harm than good.

K

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Lucinda wrote:
ok thanks! I usually use mine 4 days per week with a non sensitive brush, and I do it for twice as long. Maybe I will experiment with the usage... I also use the BB orange cleanser! But find that is doesn't really remove my sunscreen, so I mostly just use it in the morning. I like the Devita 30+ as well, but am unsure of how protective it really is. At the moment I am using Dermalogica Super Sensitive 30+, and really like it. This is a newish product I believe.

I'd be curious to know what kind of cleanser you wind up using -- I'm not thrilled with the BB, I just use it because nothing wildly better has come along. I'm hoping to get something closer in consistency to the Clarisonic cleanser, so I don't damage the brushes. And I too am unsure about Devita's protection level, but it's so cosmetically great that I make the sacrifice (I figure this way I'll never be reluctant to apply SS, so that's good!). Any chance you could list the Dermalogica SS ingredients? EDS doesn't have them, and I'm super-picky about every last thing in my products cuz I'm so sensitive.

teatea wrote:

Heh, this is a pretty recent thing I've been doing. My skin is increasingly dry, prone to sensitivity, but very prone to breakouts. I'm almost 27 so I'm not super wrinkly yet, but I'm focused on preventing damage and moisturizing without blocking pores.

I just got a new blend going, and for once I took notes so I'll just paste it in for you. It's working quite well so far.

15 ml avocado oil
55 ml macadamia nut oil
15 ml hempseed oil
15 ml rosehip seed oil
15 ml pumpkin seed oil
5 ml pomegranate seed oil
Few drops German chamomile EO -- the very concentrated blue kind

I apply a few drops right after toner while my skin is still damp, and I let it soak in a bit before applying SS in the AM. I wait 30 min before applying my Retin-A, and I sometimes mix the Retin-A with a bit of oil to make it stretch farther.

Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
Lucinda wrote:

I'd be curious to know what kind of cleanser you wind up using -- I'm not thrilled with the BB, I just use it because nothing wildly better has come along. I'm hoping to get something closer in consistency to the Clarisonic cleanser, so I don't damage the brushes. And I too am unsure about Devita's protection level, but it's so cosmetically great that I make the sacrifice (I figure this way I'll never be reluctant to apply SS, so that's good!). Any chance you could list the Dermalogica SS ingredients? EDS doesn't have them, and I'm super-picky about every last thing in my products cuz I'm so sensitive.

teatea wrote:

Heh, this is a pretty recent thing I've been doing. My skin is increasingly dry, prone to sensitivity, but very prone to breakouts. I'm almost 27 so I'm not super wrinkly yet, but I'm focused on preventing damage and moisturizing without blocking pores.

I just got a new blend going, and for once I took notes so I'll just paste it in for you. It's working quite well so far.

15 ml avocado oil
55 ml macadamia nut oil
15 ml hempseed oil
15 ml rosehip seed oil
15 ml pumpkin seed oil
5 ml pomegranate seed oil
Few drops German chamomile EO -- the very concentrated blue kind

I apply a few drops right after toner while my skin is still damp, and I let it soak in a bit before applying SS in the AM. I wait 30 min before applying my Retin-A, and I sometimes mix the Retin-A with a bit of oil to make it stretch farther.

I usually end up using the Dr Alkaitis Cleanser ( http://www.alkaitis.com/cleanser_detail.html ). I also really love the OSEA milk cleanser for in the mornings, or when I'm not removing sunscreen/makeup. It's so nice!

The Dermalogica SS I use is the only product I use that isn't organic/natural. I know it has a lot of chemicals in it, but it's the best ss I've tried so far that has good protection.
I feel it's much better than wearing no sunscreen. Here is some info on this product, including ingredients. http://www.dermstore.com/product_Super+Sensitive+FaceBlock+SPF+30_7461.htm
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info, Lucinda! Sadly, those both look like lovely products my skin just wouldn't tolerate, hehe. At least I've finally managed to learn most of my sensitivities! I appreciate the links you included -- always great to have access to full ingredient lists. It's a real pet peeve of mine when companies only put the "active ingredients", like on the Dermalogica home page.

System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |