Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Really wanting a facelift
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
I think the time has come for me to just give in and get a full face lift. I'm 47 and my major aging issues are with my eyes, but I figure I may as well go for the entire lift! I'm calling for an appointment tomorrow with a nearby doc who does it in his office with just a local. I do not want to be put to sleep! My friend just had hers done and she looks wonderful.

I've had some major life changes over the past year and grief has taken it's toll on my face.

-Cheri
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
Good luck to you Cheri.. Just really think about what you want, and make sure your doing it for the right reasons. Perhaps also keep an open mind when you have your consult. So much is available today to turn back the hands of time, you might be surprised to find that a less drastic alternative could be just the thing for you.

The face lift will probably be wonderful, but it won't erase the 'grief' bit.

I hope it all turns out well for you, whatever you decide..

K

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:17 am      Reply with quote
I can relate to the 'erasing the grief lines' part, because my own face shows those as well.

It is hard to decide if you want plastic surgery...I think I will wait for a while before reaching for surgical procedures.

goodluck with your decision.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:22 am      Reply with quote
I'm sure facelift can be a wonderful thing, and I'm not anti surgery at all. But I just want to chime in and say it might be worth your while trying facial excercises first.

I started them at your age - last year - and they have certainly made me feel I dont need to head for surgery. Whereas before doing them , I was very doom and gloom filled about what was happening to my looks.

Now I feel my prettiness has been restored. There's a long thread on EDS started by me last year about facial exercises, and it's full of information and sharings.

Good Luck with whatever you decide! Keep us posted.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
catski, thanks for the reminder about 'facial exercises'. I'm going to re-read that thread, and pick up some pointers.

I'll do anything I can to avoid surgery. So far I haven't had anything done. But when the time comes, I think I'd try fillers and botox first.

Yep, I'm a chicken sh--.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the replies. I'm just really head strong on getting this done. My consult with the doc is on April 9th.

I'm including a photo of me. As I said before my eyelids and undereyes are my main concern, but if I'm going under the knife I may as well get it all done.

-Cheri

Edited to add: Oops! Didn't realize the photo would be so large!

Allie Grace
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
hello, I am all for facelifts, botox....but really, you are so pretty! Maybe there's stuff going on I am not seeing in the photo. I'm 44, and I understand wanting a "lift". trust me! I have jowls starting and a brow frow that I've had since my twenties to the point that people think I'm angry when I am not.... I cover with bangs.

Anyhow, good luck whatever you do, but imho you look wonderful as you are. Sincerely, I signed in just to tell you this. Except for that deformed claw growing out of your neck, you might consider removing that:)

Allie Grace
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Jeeez girl, you look fabulous. Not a sag to be seen..

Why don't you just ask the Doc about an upper eyelid bleph. I really don't see you needing more than that. (And you really could do without that also)..

If he's a good Dr, I don't think he would recommend a complete face lift for you..But if it's about the almighty buck, you'll know soon enough..

Your beautiful just the way you are...

K

sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Cheri,

you are so beautiful!

Good luck with whatever you decide, but I do not think you need to resort to such measures -you look young, beautiful and vibrant!

All the best,
Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
I also do not think that you would really benefit from a face lift at this time. I'm not against doing it but I do not think that you'd really benefit You do not have the chin sag yet.

Pamper yourself get massages maybe an upper eylelid treatment but you look great.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the compliments! I guess we all see ourselves differently and perhaps just look for flaws.

My eyelashes are extremely long but now they just lay against my top lids. There are also some lines under my eyes that is hidden mostly by highlighting concealer.

But....anyway, thanks again for all the compliments. My spirits are already lifted!

-Cheri
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, my eyelids are like yours, and I hear doing them makes a big difference. I started looking into lifts a few years back, I am now 51. I would really advise waiting until menopause hits because that is the real skin changer. You have only small cheek sag now, but I have found with menopause, the skin really loses tone and sagging around jowls really becomes more prominent. Pores also increase in size.
If I had done it earlier, menopause would have undone a lot of the work. So why not wait a couple of years? I am re investigating surgery now. Also google info on skin changes at midlife. I agree if you are going under the knife, best to do it all sat once.
In the meantime why not look into some botox and dermafill, I think that has quite an effect and I am planning to have that done before going for the surgery option. Rolling Eyes
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
Great advice Juliemarie.

And you are so right about the big "M". All of my signs of aging hit me in the last 5 years following menopause..It totally sucks!

anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
Cheri, I had a lower face lift when I was 47 and never regretted it. I had my eyes done about 8 years after that, I only wish I had the entire job done at the same time. Having said that I agree with Juliemarie, you should wait 'till after Menopause and "treat" yourself then, coz believe me, you'll need another one....I know I do Laughing

I think you look fantastic right now - you'd pass for someone in their 30's, honestly!
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
I can't say how I feel on facelifts one way or another, because I realize my 26-year-old skin is in better shape now than it will be down the line -- so who knows what I'll want! All I know is, you look GORGEOUS now -- so think twice about holding off until you really "need" it. You don't look your age at all, so you must be doing an awful lot right!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Cheri, you are quite lovely, and what a haircut! It's perfect for your face. You might want to look into thewww.flexeffect.com (facial exercise) forum which you don't have to purchase the program to view. Usually people who use FE find the area around their eyes lift and firm up first. That's really the only thing I can see in the picture that I imagine you'd even consider surgery for-- and if you can avoid surgery, recovery and a possible outcome you might not like, why not give it a try? Much less $$, great forum community, lots of help from trainers.
And, on your comment on last year's grief--unless you have really released it, it will also show up in any 'new' face you get. The best technique I know is one you do for yourself called the emotional freedom technique. (www.emofree.com) It's been discussed in a few posts here -- do a search on "EFT". We all want to look our best physically, but working on feeling your best on the inside first will really be a big positive influence. Good luck to you!
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Chocolat wrote:
Cheri, you are quite lovely, and what a haircut! It's perfect for your face. You might want to look into thewww.flexeffect.com (facial exercise) forum which you don't have to purchase the program to view. Usually people who use FE find the area around their eyes lift and firm up first. That's really the only thing I can see in the picture that I imagine you'd even consider surgery for-- and if you can avoid surgery, recovery and a possible outcome you might not like, why not give it a try? Much less $$, great forum community, lots of help from trainers.
And, on your comment on last year's grief--unless you have really released it, it will also show up in any 'new' face you get. The best technique I know is one you do for yourself called the emotional freedom technique. (www.emofree.com) It's been discussed in a few posts here -- do a search on "EFT". We all want to look our best physically, but working on feeling your best on the inside first will really be a big positive influence. Good luck to you!

I agree. My concern is that you may be hoping to release the grief that you felt by getting the facelift. It doesn't necessarily work that way. The grief needs to be released first.I may be completely offbase here but thought I'd offer my 2 cents. Btw, you look great!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Based on your picture, you don't need an entire face lifted. Very Happy Lucky you! I agree with Kassy that just an eye lift would do you wonder. Go for it!
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:09 am      Reply with quote
Cheri, you have a total baby face! I wouldn't have guessed you to be 37 by your picture! No wrinkles, no sagging - I don't see what the problem is. But, I know we are our own worse critic. You are just so lovely, I'd be afraid to mess it up! (I do agree, however, with the previous poster who said that the random hand sticking out of your neck has got to go. Hee hee! Very Happy )

Great lashes, by the way! They look fabulous. What are you using on them, or are they like that naturally? You look like you have been blessed by the beauty gods.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Gosh Cheri, you're so pretty! And you just GLOW. Whatever you do, it's working! I can't imagine you getting a facelift at this point!
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks again for all the positive comments! I truly didn't expect the response. We are our own worst critics.

In addition to having that dang claw removed from my neck Laughing (seriously, did I mention my aunt has 6 fingers on one hand?), the procedure is called a "Lifestyle" lift. I'm sure many of you have heard about it. My cousin had it and couldn't be more pleased. She is the same age as me and looks so much better now.

LOL, I should send a photo of me *right* now. I've been gone to the hospital all night for a family emergency. Geez... do I look fugly! Today, as I am so tired, my face really looks like it needs a lift.

-Cheri
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
Chill out Cheri, and just bask in your natural beauty. Your adorable just the way you are.

Hope everything turns out well with the 'family emergency'

Thoughts + prayers coming your way!

Kassy

sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:01 am      Reply with quote
I am with Kassy!

Hope all goes well with your "family emergency"!

Best of luck,
Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
phredd
You do not need an entire facelift, based on what I see in this picture!!! What great skin! Your upper lids look exotic and oriental, not knife-worthy. Honestly, you look fabulous!
Why not treat yourself and someone dear to you to a weekend at a spa and see if being well-rested and cared-for doesn't do wonders for your psyche, is my advice. Understand about life events taking their toll, but you don't look like you need a full overhaul!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
phredd
You do not need an entire facelift, based on what I see in this picture!!! What great skin! Your upper lids look exotic and oriental, not knife-worthy. Honestly, you look fabulous!
Why not treat yourself and someone dear to you to a weekend at a spa and see if being well-rested and cared-for doesn't do wonders for your psyche, is my advice. Understand about life events taking their toll, but you don't look like you need a full overhaul!

fawnie, you summed it up brilliantly!

K

System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |