Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin lighteners that work and dramatically
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone used any skin lighteners that actually worked to dramatically lighten their skin? I've read about lemon juice and a skin culture peel. Anything else?

I read a lot about what might or would probably work. I'd prefer to know what someone has already used on herself. My skin discoloration is due to longterm sun exposure. I currently use sunscreen.

Thanks!!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Obagi. Do a board search. Lots of us have had great results with hyperpigmentation on Obagi!
shelly
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
There are a lot of endorsements for Skinceuticals Phyto+. I've recently started using 2% Arbutin Serum and Triple Whitening Serum from skincarecentral.biz. but too soon to give results. Also, lactic acid is helpful.
Esme
5% products discount

Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Obagi is a really effective system
Ambien
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
How about Vitamin C injections? Never tried it myself, heard it works dramatically though.

Guess cons would be it would be kinda invasive, pros would be it would be much easier to attain overall even lightening, as compared to topical application on limited areas leading to face/neck contrasts or neck/shoulders contrast?

Just a thought.. Razz

Good luck with your search though! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:26 am      Reply with quote
TooInvolved wrote:
Has anyone used any skin lighteners that actually worked to dramatically lighten their skin? I've read about lemon juice and a skin culture peel. Anything else?

I read a lot about what might or would probably work. I'd prefer to know what someone has already used on herself. My skin discoloration is due to longterm sun exposure. I currently use sunscreen.

Thanks!!

Has anyone hear tried the Skin Culture Peel? If so, how did it work out for you?
bciw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:07 am      Reply with quote
lemon juice to be applied neat on the face? if so i think it's too harsh and you could tan easily
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:15 am      Reply with quote
lemon juice sometimes will make skin sensitive to sun. Remember to use Sun protection. Obagi was working well for my skin before, but this time I am having problems with Obagi. My skin looks darker now.
lilybear
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
I had big time browning. At first I used glyquin which is nasty stuff but does work. The problem is it is on going. I have found that using Epidermx II daily has helped me to keep it under control. My skin has lightened to a more normal tone. I try to stay out of the sun and found my biggest problem was from driving. The UV comes in the car window!
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi T

I am browned by the sun, too (unexposed areas of my body are significantly fairer) and what I keep coming back to because of its simplicity, convenience and dirtcheapness are two things: Olay Total Effects (for the Niacinamide, somehow other products with Niacinaminde don't work as well for me) and papaya soap.

A lot of people don't like OTE because it's not the most glamorous cream you can slap on your face: the smell can be off putting to some people and its antiageing benefits are just nonexistent on some skins. HOWEVER I've seen it work on my mother and am seeing it on myself: I am 39 and hardly have any lines (my students half my age think I'm only 5 years older than them) and my pores have significantly shrunk and the best part is I'm even-toned all over (my neck and head used to look like they belonged to different people - not anymore!). So what I do now is ignore the negative comments/reviews about OTE because it simply works for me.

I have also recently added to my regimen papaya soap (thanks to MUAers) and the tan from the last holiday by the sea has completely gone.

I do, when time (or my mood) permits, use any old vit C mask from time to time. I find this helps, too, especially with brightening up my whole face.

Almond scrubs worked for me, too but I've more or less given that up because it's messy and I just don't have the time anymore.

Sorry this is long, but HTH! Smile

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
moonstone
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:30 am      Reply with quote
Kose Medicated Sekkisei (from Japan) is a very popular whitening product for Asian ladies. With oriental plant extracts, this is a water-based product which lightens and brightens the skin, prevents aging spots, and improve the firmness of the skin.

Although I haven't tried it personally, but some of my friends have good result with it.
chenhui
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
Kose Medicated Sekkisei (from Japan) is a very popular whitening product for Asian ladies. I am using it every summer,and that will make my face abstain arisen flecker.Now Albion is popular because of their brighter effect in China.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
pumpingmummy wrote:
Hi T

I am browned by the sun, too (unexposed areas of my body are significantly fairer) and what I keep coming back to because of its simplicity, convenience and dirtcheapness are two things: Olay Total Effects (for the Niacinamide, somehow other products with Niacinaminde don't work as well for me) and papaya soap.

A lot of people don't like OTE because it's not the most glamorous cream you can slap on your face: the smell can be off putting to some people and its antiageing benefits are just nonexistent on some skins. HOWEVER I've seen it work on my mother and am seeing it on myself: I am 39 and hardly have any lines (my students half my age think I'm only 5 years older than them) and my pores have significantly shrunk and the best part is I'm even-toned all over (my neck and head used to look like they belonged to different people - not anymore!). So what I do now is ignore the negative comments/reviews about OTE because it simply works for me.

I have also recently added to my regimen papaya soap (thanks to MUAers) and the tan from the last holiday by the sea has completely gone.

I do, when time (or my mood) permits, use any old vit C mask from time to time. I find this helps, too, especially with brightening up my whole face.

Almond scrubs worked for me, too but I've more or less given that up because it's messy and I just don't have the time anymore.

Sorry this is long, but HTH! Smile

Pumpingmummy (hehe funny screen name) how long did you use Olay Total Effects before you started to notice results? Are you white, hispanic, black, or asian?
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hehe yeah when I first joined I was literally a pumping mummy and an active member of the breastfeeding.com forums, hence my screen name here.

I am Asian - Malay, to be specific, with a Chinese great great grandfather.

I started noticing results with OTE within the 1st bottle, if I remember correctly. I'd noticed significantly refined pores before I saw the lightening effect. I wasn't too hopeful about the lightening effects but stuck with OTE because I liked how my pores were getting smaller. I'm glad I did, because after a while (by the end of the second bottle) I did clearly see the improvement in tone. What encouraged me to buy my third, then forth, then what must be the fifteenth bottle now, is the compliments I get by people about how clear and even toned my skin is. I attribute it mainly to OTE, because I don't much use anything else anymore.

Cheers. Smile

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
pumpingmummy wrote:
Hehe yeah when I first joined I was literally a pumping mummy and an active member of the breastfeeding.com forums, hence my screen name here.

I am Asian - Malay, to be specific, with a Chinese great great grandfather.

I started noticing results with OTE within the 1st bottle, if I remember correctly. I'd noticed significantly refined pores before I saw the lightening effect. I wasn't too hopeful about the lightening effects but stuck with OTE because I liked how my pores were getting smaller. I'm glad I did, because after a while (by the end of the second bottle) I did clearly see the improvement in tone. What encouraged me to buy my third, then forth, then what must be the fifteenth bottle now, is the compliments I get by people about how clear and even toned my skin is. I attribute it mainly to OTE, because I don't much use anything else anymore.

Cheers. Smile

Hey! I thought you meant mummy like the one in Egypt! hehe

Have you heard of Olay Pro-X? I heard a team of 15 derms worked on this line for Olay. It's pricey for a drugstore brand about $42 a bottle, but they have a 28-day guarantee. I am sorely tempted to try.

I have not tried Total Effects but tried Regenerist before because a derm recommended it in one of the beauty mag article but I did not continue because I did not like the corn starchy feeling within the cream. I think it's the silicone in the product that made the texture like that. I don't know why but I hate that feel. Does total effect have that same corn starch feel to it?
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
Hey! I thought you meant mummy like the one in Egypt! hehe

Nope haha sorry I use the British spelling for mommy. Just a habit I can't kick, being British educated.

Bira wrote:

Have you heard of Olay Pro-X? I heard a team of 15 derms worked on this line for Olay. It's pricey for a drugstore brand about $42 a bottle, but they have a 28-day guarantee. I am sorely tempted to try.

I have not tried Total Effects but tried Regenerist before because a derm recommended it in one of the beauty mag article but I did not continue because I did not like the corn starchy feeling within the cream. I think it's the silicone in the product that made the texture like that. I don't know why but I hate that feel. Does total effect have that same corn starch feel to it?

No I haven't, I'm going to have to look it up now! I haven't tried Regenerist, either, but from your description it would seem to me that Total Effects doesn't feel like that. It's a cream like creams should be. The Olay website offers samples, I think. You should ask for them. HTH! Smile

Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, pumpingmummy, I will check olay web site to see if I can get a sample of total effects or not. Thanks for the tip. I wish they offer Pro-X sample, too.
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 18, 2009 12:22 am      Reply with quote
I was just wondering if Palmer's Skin Success Eventone Fade Cream has worked for anyone here. MUAers seem to like it http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=32906/Skin%20Success%20Eventone%20Fade%20Cream/Palmers/Treatments

But it does have 2% hydroquinone and I'm quite wary about using products with hydroquinone, no matter how small the concentration.

That said I do have stubborn areas of hyperpigmentation I'd like to get rid of (my chin, my elbows, knees etc) and was wondering if I should give it a go.

I'll stick with OTE for my face though.

kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:18 am      Reply with quote
[quote="Ambien"]How about Vitamin C injections? Never tried it myself, heard it works dramatically though.

/quote]

Where would you go to get these injections and does anyone know how much they cost?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |