Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help! Turning 40 and..eek, have lines and bags under eyes!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Diesel

Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:19 am      Reply with quote
I am currently using Ole Hendriksen's Ultimate Lift Eye Gel, Re-Start Anti Aging Serum,and their Night Gel, LinaCare's Face Cream ....some results, but not enough! I would appreciate any suggestions on products etc. for my age.
I am very interested in the Baby Quasar but promised myself that I would lose 15lbs before ordering! Promises, Promises!
Look forward to hearing your suggestions!
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi Diesel, so many brands offer that anti aging remedy and so little actually help any of us Rolling Eyes Personally Ive used the Gatineau Melatogenine Futur Plus and its the best selling anti aging cream on QVC UK but I find it a little too rich for me. The Elemis pro collagen marine cream is divine to use but is costly. I guess alot depends on your budget and skin type. I hope some other members will answer you with some good suggestions. Good luck.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:24 am      Reply with quote
Diesel I feel your pain! I have tried just about every eye cream out there. Right now I am having some results with Skinmedica's Illuminating Eye Cream but I am seriously looking at the Jason Beckett line. I usually give the product at least 12 weeks but I think I need to be more patient than that.

Here is a stream on the Baby Quasar - I am also considering it for my eyes

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=28216

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:26 am      Reply with quote
Alley, you sound like me looking for the revolutionary eye product. ive tried the JB range and didnt like it, hope you have better results in you go with it. 12 WEEKS!!!!! Hero, I dont even give mine 4 weeks sometimes. I want miracles Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:44 am      Reply with quote
I almost gave myself a mental breakdown when I developed bags and lines under and around my eyes.

This is what finally worked for me:

Botox around the eyes for crowsfeet
Restylane for under eye hollows (lessens the appearance of the bags)
Really good concealer and highlighting pencil (I use Eyebright by Benefit and Timebalm by The Balm)

Apparently, I shall not go quietly or inexpensively LOL

But at least I can look in the mirror and see my old self Smile

BF
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:46 am      Reply with quote
Way to go Barefootgirl, I like your style.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:26 am      Reply with quote
I am sooooo looking for the silver bullet - I am just not ready for the knife yet....
I went to a plastic surgeon to get restylane he told me it wouldn't really help that I need to get rid of the fat under my eyes so I tried lypodisolve - I looked like I had gone a couple of rounds in a boxing match and painful Shock
The worst part of that story is after 2 treatments I basically traded in puffy under eyes for wrinkled under eyes Mad

I am a complete loser when it comes to putting make-up on. I have been trying the mineral makeup but I think I look worse as it seems to settle in the wrinkles working like a neon sign exaggerating them instead of hiding them.

Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:01 am      Reply with quote
You go girl! I'm new to this site, but not new to trying to improve my skin! I think Botox is the BOMB! And I'm currently looking at fillers for the eye area. How did you pick Restylane over Radiesse?

I believe there is no such things as aging gracefully-I'm gonna age fighting like hell! Laughing Bad Grin Wink
Quote:

This is what finally worked for me:

Botox around the eyes for crowsfeet
Restylane for under eye hollows (lessens the appearance of the bags)
Really good concealer and highlighting pencil (I use Eyebright by Benefit and Timebalm by The Balm)

Apparently, I shall not go quietly or inexpensively LOL

But at least I can look in the mirror and see my old self Smile

BF
[/quote]

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:01 am      Reply with quote
So...Alley, the lipodissolve got rid of your bags, but then left wrinkly skin in its place where the bags used to be?

I remember reading somewhere that after the fat is removed from the eyebags, the area is supposed to be tightened with laser treatments or plastic surgery.

??

BF
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

The person who did my injections (is well known in this area for injecting into tear troughs) recommended Restylane over Juvederm. She did not mention Radiesse.

I suspect she recommended Restylane because that's what she had on hand at the time!

I am 6 weeks out from treatment and still happy with the results. My pocketbook is still not happy.

BF
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
So...Alley, the lipodissolve got rid of your bags, but then left wrinkly skin in its place where the bags used to be?

I remember reading somewhere that after the fat is removed from the eyebags, the area is supposed to be tightened with laser treatments or plastic surgery.

??

BF

I am sure I will eventually have followed up the lipodissolve with surgery. I was hoping that the procedure would by some time. The Dr. that did the injections told me it might take a while for the skin to bounce back. It has been about a year with some improvement but I need to do some research on laser treatments to tighten the skin.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |