Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Eyeliner for eyes that tear?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone!
I'm in need of an eyeliner that can withstand tearing. Depending on my allergies, my eyes often tear and the eyeliner fades or smears. Anyone have ideas? Should I use some type of base or primer first?

Thanks for any ideas!
FizzyBubbles
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
Two ideas. Yes, use primer. Urban Decay Primer Potion has a cult following. I do love it but I find Lumene shadow primer (at CVS) is equal.

Second, buy a shadow-liner converter liquid. Bare Escentuals and Smashbox both have them for sure. I think BE's is called Weather Anything Liner Sealer. Smashbox is Off Set Shadow Converter. After applying your liner, dip a liner brush in the converter and sweep across your liner.

I have heard that Vaseline is actually identical to these converters. You may want to try that first - cheap and easily available during your next trip to Walgreens or the grocery store!
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, FizzyBubbles, these are great suggestions and I will try them out. Smile
Chloelee
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I have been using Cybercolor from Germany and it works wonderful for me esp. in summer when one tends to have moisturied eye lids. I bought it in HK but donno where else we can find it.
Good luck!
Margot
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Make Up Forever Aqua Eyes pencils! they really do stay on!! Dancing
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, ladies, for the tips! I will look for the Make Up Forever pencils since Cybercolor is out of my reach!
nibn
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:25 am      Reply with quote
Mac fluidliner are good too
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:26 am      Reply with quote
Okay -- I don't think she meant Vaseline. She meant Visine. Vaseline will not make your liner stick. Laughing

I have the same teary-eye problem. On only one eye, which is reallllly terrific.

I can't wear Urban Decay's primer, nor any of the liner-solvents. They all irritate my eyes.

The Fluidlines are a good idea. As are the cream/gel liners you can find at Mad Minerals, and a few other mineral companies. Drugstore HIP cosmetics are very reasonable and get good reviews, too.

5% products discount

Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Dr. Hauschka's eyeliner is all-natural and may be a good choice. This is my HG eyeliner.
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:35 am      Reply with quote
I have very oily lids and tend to tear too. Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner, and Majolica Majorca auto liner are the only thing that works for me.
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Sidda,
Thanks for the ideas and clarifying it's "visine" and not vaseline. Would you know why visine would help? I will take another look at the gel liners - I tried MAC fluidline a while ago but the liner still disappeared; perhaps a different brand may work better for me.

FaithTruth & Bibimbap79,
Thank you for letting me know what works for you. At least I now have options to try after hearing from all of you!
Blaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Here's another one: Revlon Colorstay eyeliner! I've tried the Mac fluidliner, Shiseido's (haven't tried the Makeup Forever, but I think I will), even Avon. I'm sold on the Colorstay, and it's cheap.

As for primers, they will work but I find that eyemakeup primers dry my skin after a while. Especially the lower eye area. I still use primer for the top, but not the lower.
oncloudten
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
If you like pencils, Urban Decay 24/7 really works with my oily eyelids! It stays put for up to 10 hours (I also use the UD primer)

The Bobbi Brown Gel liner also works well for me.

V
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
I always return to the Colorstay eyeliner although I do like penliners but cannot find any that are lasting and water resistant.

For Colorstay, I've tried the liquid which is okay but seems to dry out quickly, becoming lumpy and difficult to line the eyes. I also like the pencil but want a medium brown instead of their dark brown or taupe for under the eyes. I use the dark brown for my upper lids.

But now I have all these wonderful options from all of you and I'm hopeful one of these will work better. Thanks!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |