Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Vie Collection Mela White Radiance Brightening Essence (150 ml / 5 floz) Dr Hauschka Sensitive Care Conditioner (1 ml x 50 Amps) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Anyone used DDF Organic Sun Protection?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Nelly4
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi

I just purchased this on EDS last week (hasn't arrived yet) but I am now having second thoughts after reading the reviews on MUA. They all say that this sunscreen leaves a white film on your face and melts off? Has anyone used this recently and can give me a good review of it?
Thanks, janelle
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
I've used the DDF ss before and on my skin, it didnt leave a white csat. I used to mix it with a bronzer but on days when I didnt, I didnt notice a white cast at all (I have light-medium skintone, with yellow undertones).
I did not repurchase the s/s cos it broke me out when I went on holiday, where it was hot and humid. My skin was oily and sticky by mid-morning and everyone commented on how oily my face was..even when I've blotted!

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using DDF ss for the last 4 month and like it in general. I have fair skin tone and I find other than both sides of the nose, the white cast usually disappear into your skin after careful application. As long as you apply evenly, same with any other physical sunscreen, the initial white cast will be blend into your skin.
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
This is a nice sunscreen. I like it a lot.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
I liked this product and repurchased it. I found it moisturizing as well, which is good for me, since I like to use a moisturizer/sunscreen in one product when I can. It does have a white cast when first applied, but then I found that it fades.
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried this one, and the regular DDf sunscreen, and am very happy with both. As a matter of fact I just ordered the enhancing one as well!! I think they do a great sunscreen product! Very Happy
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:40 am      Reply with quote
This is a nice sunscreen, and the white cast is only there during the initial application.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all for your comments - it has put my mind to ease. After spending over 2hrs browsing the site the other day I decided on this sunscreen so hopefully it will live up to my other HG sunscreen my MD Formulations 30+
Nelly4
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
My order arrived today and this sunscreen is great - probably the best I have tried. Will keep using it for a few weeks to see how my skin goes and post a review on the other forum.
jadecoin
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
This is a nice sunscreen,I already use long time.
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
Jeannine wrote:
This is a nice sunscreen, and the white cast is only there during the initial application.

Yep. I agree. It sinks into your skin pretty well and the whiteness goes away.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:17 am      Reply with quote
I tried a sample and found it sunk in fairly quickly and didn't leave a white cast. I never purchased it, however, because it left my skin looking too shiny and the texture was too heavy for my combo/oily skin. I think someone with drier skin would be able to use this without any problems.

I do, however, take issue with how loosely this company uses the term "organic". Take a look at these ingredients --- I'm not feeling the organic origins at all. Much better if they simply called this screen what it is. 100% mineral based, chemical free.

Active Ingredients:
Zinc Oxide 6%, Titanium Dioxide 3.2%.
Inactive Ingredients:
Water, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Sodium Acrylate/sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer And Polyisobutane And Caprylyl/capryl Glucoside, Glyceryl Stearate And PEG-100 Stearate, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 80, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cetyl Alcohol, Polyglyceryl-6 Isostearate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Levulinate, Allantoin, Disodium EDTA, Panthenol, Fragrance, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camellia Japonica Leaf Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopherol, Acetyl Cysteine, Genistein, Pinus Pinaster Bark Extrac,t Retinyl Palmitate, Thioctic Acid, Zinc Gluconate, Anthocyanins, Tagetes Erecta Flower Extract, Ubiquinone.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
irka
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:57 am      Reply with quote
athena123 wrote:
I tried a sample and found it sunk in fairly quickly and didn't leave a white cast. I never purchased it, however, because it left my skin looking too shiny and the texture was too heavy for my combo/oily skin. I think someone with drier skin would be able to use this without any problems.

I do, however, take issue with how loosely this company uses the term "organic". Take a look at these ingredients --- I'm not feeling the organic origins at all. Much better if they simply called this screen what it is. 100% mineral based, chemical free.

Active Ingredients:
Zinc Oxide 6%, Titanium Dioxide 3.2%.
Inactive Ingredients:
Water, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Sodium Acrylate/sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer And Polyisobutane And Caprylyl/capryl Glucoside, Glyceryl Stearate And PEG-100 Stearate, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 80, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cetyl Alcohol, Polyglyceryl-6 Isostearate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Levulinate, Allantoin, Disodium EDTA, Panthenol, Fragrance, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camellia Japonica Leaf Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopherol, Acetyl Cysteine, Genistein, Pinus Pinaster Bark Extrac,t Retinyl Palmitate, Thioctic Acid, Zinc Gluconate, Anthocyanins, Tagetes Erecta Flower Extract, Ubiquinone.

A lot of companies are very loose with this term.The thing is they can call themselves organic even if only about 60-70% of ingredients are.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Yes irka, it's unfortunate that so many companies that don't really offer organic product have jumped onto the whole organic bandwagon. This tendency really dilutes and discredits the "real" organic skincare companies.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
dsq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
i use this all the time, it's the best sunscreen i've used so far. i do not notice any white residue, but i'm quite fair skinned, so perhaps the whiteness doesn't show on my skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:35 am      Reply with quote
Used this. It feels great - it's like a moisturiser more than anything. I avoid using it as my sunprotection though as the active ingredients are pretty low.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:21 am      Reply with quote
I did a review of this sunblock before.
I like this sunscreen, it doesn't irritate my skin, has a very mild smell and not greasy as many other organic sunscreens. I am using this product this summer and plan to buy another tube in a few weeks.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Someone says the ingredients of this product are complicated and will cause unnecessary burden for skin, is that true?
lilyofthevalley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:38 am      Reply with quote
athena123 wrote:
Yes irka, it's unfortunate that so many companies that don't really offer organic product have jumped onto the whole organic bandwagon. This tendency really dilutes and discredits the "real" organic skincare companies.

Fully agree. So, I need to learn more about "real" organic and those not real organic~
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
I would rather stick to mineral makeup for the SPF.
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
sakura wrote:

Makeup can not provide you a thick-enough layer to prevent your skin from sun damage.
Any SPF product must be applied thickly enough otherwise it can not give you a good performance like it is supposed to do.
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
flyflyonly wrote:
sakura wrote:

Makeup can not provide you a thick-enough layer to prevent your skin from sun damage.
Any SPF product must be applied thickly enough otherwise it can not give you a good performance like it is supposed to do.

That's a sweeping generalization of MM. I use MM because it limits my breakouts. I do use sunscreen on really sunny days. You are not taking into account that MM has lots of different coverages from light to really heavy and its the heavy coverage that protects your skin. If it covers all your marks and lasts until you take it off then and looks natural then don't discount it as an option for those who has such skin sensitivities and cannot use a majority of skin products.

They have to do the research as there are lots of lousy brands of minerals with irritating ingredients or fillers and are over priced.

I use a full coverage brand that covers my freckles and my skin has not gotten dark this summer. I have been protecting my skin for over 25 years and have limited sun damage.

I just don't want any greasy or chemical stuff anymore as my skin cannot tolerate it anymore and MM has been a blessing for giving protect and limiting breakouts.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
I used this and really liked it. No white cast for me, and I'm not that pale. I found it very moisturizing. It's a good product, IMO.
System
Automatic Message
Sun May 12, 2024 10:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Power Luxe (30 ml / 1 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Institut Esthederm Intensive Propolis+ Kaolin Purifying Mask (75 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |