Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Arbonne Products?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Peanut

Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there -

Has anyone tried Arbonne skin care products? I think it's like MaryKay in that you can only buy through a representative. My friend recently became a rep and is, of course, heavily promoting their products. I've tried a few samples and they seem of good quality, but wondering if anyone out there has any experience w/them and what they thought before I buy any more from her!
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the Arbonne Acne line a few years ago. I really liked the cleanser; it was a gentle, foaming cleanser that smelled minty. The toner that went with the system was good, too, but I couldn't use the treatment cream (I cannot use leave-on BHA treatments). I also had a body lotion, which was nice. I can't remember what I paid for the three items, but I remember that the sizes seemed small to me. At the time, I must have though that they were expensive, but I may have a different opinion now. I think that the line is promoted as botanical-based and "natural", and in my opinion are a step above most average drugstore products. As with Mary Kay, the representative is earning based on sales, so the product is obviously marked up some. If they have a good return policy, then it wouldn't hurt to try something if you are truly interested and/or want to help out your friend. I heard good things about their eyecream, but I do not know what it is called. Good Luck!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know anything about this particular product.

I am responding to home based business such as above, Mary Kay. Yes, they do make a percentage of their sales. But, so doesn't every product. Salons get products usually at half of what the customer pays and the company they are buying it from probably gets a good sum. I know that because I did the ordering for Salon I worked in.

Know matter what product you buy you have to pay those who sell the product and those who make it. It all evens out.
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
I am responding to home based business such as above, Mary Kay. Yes, they do make a percentage of their sales. But, so doesn't every product. Salons get products usually at half of what the customer pays and the company they are buying it from probably gets a good sum.
Know matter what product you buy you have to pay those who sell the product and those who make it. It all evens out.

Well Winnie.... you just beat me to saying the same thing. Smile

Besides the fact that we are paying what amounts to the commission on every product whether it is bought from a spa or from an individual representative, I have found that some of the products from independent rep companies sometimes give more for the money because they don't put a lot of their money into advertising like the huge companies do. Most of the money is put into research and development of the product and they depend on word of mouth for advertising.

This isn't true in all cases, but it is true with some.

One key, whether using a salon product or one sold by independent reps is to use a product from a company that has been in the industry for a number of years and has a reputation for quality. Wink

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
You are completely right, Winnie. I guess that it just seems like the home-based business mark-up is higher than, for example, retail stores. At least, I always think so whenever I see the latest home-based business catalog or attend a home party for something. Some of the products just seem a lot more expensive than comparable products with similar ingredients.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
The only home based business I feel is high is Mary Kay. A family member sells it. She starts off making 50% with no downline. Once MK consultants get downline under them they get paid a percent of everything their downline makes. They can do very well. I guess brovo for them. They have to work real hard.

HOWEVER, they pay for their own samples, advertising etc.
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
tinamarie8 wrote:
You are completely right, Winnie. I guess that it just seems like the home-based business mark-up is higher than, for example, retail stores. At least, I always think so whenever I see the latest home-based business catalog or attend a home party for something. Some of the products just seem a lot more expensive than comparable products with similar ingredients.

It really depends on whether they are selling to you at retail or whether you are buying as a Preferred Customer, or as an Associate. Those will all be different prices.

If we're talking about retail, I find in skincare, the prices are about the same or a little less from independent reps.

Preferred Customer is usually at a 10 to 20% discount off retail and usually just entails you calling the company and ordering for yourself and the product is shipped directly to you.

As an Associate, you sometimes have to pay a fee to buy at wholesale, but that is usually around $25 to $40 one time and you buy at about 30% less than retail.

Some reps only sell at retail, but most today give you other options.

JUDY

Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:23 am      Reply with quote
I've only got two Arbonne products; the thermal fusion enzyme masque and the extra strength masque. I have not yet tried the extra strength, all I know is that I remember thinking that it smelled nice Laughing I've only used the thermal fusion mask once and I bought it based on that experience. I have not used it since I bought it because I've got all these other masks that are feeling a bit lonely at the moment so I'm trying to be fair and give them an equal amount of attention Laughing

I also have some samples of the Re9 Arbonne range, but likewise, have not yet had a chance to give them a go.

Mabsy
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Right, Judy. I completely understand the different rates, etc. What I am saying is that it seems like some of the products are expensive for what they are when compared to similar other-line-products with similar ingredients. That is what makes me wonder about the mark up, etc. on these products. I want quality related to the amount of money that I spend, and that is true with any makeup or skincare line that I use, not just independent rep ones. That said, I purchase a lot of products that I like from independent reps from various lines and support local home-based businesses. I am not anti-home business or anti-independent rep. It is just my opinion that some of the product seems expensive for what it is, and that is true for many lines, whether they are home-based or not. Probably every line has its star product(s) and its overpriced product (s).

Sorry, Judy, for such a lengthy response. I just wanted to clarify my opinion because I didn't do such a good job in my previous posts.

Tina
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:59 am      Reply with quote
Peanut, Mabsy's post reminded me that I did try the Thermal Fusion Enzyme Mask, too. I liked it a lot. It was gentle, but it seemed to work well at enzyme exfoliation. Previously, I had used Zia Papaya Enzyme Mask, which did nothing for my skin. After using the Arbonne one, on the other hand, my skin was glowy and looked refreshed.

hth.
Tina
Peanut

Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Hey tinamarie and Mabsy - that's funny, the Thermal Enzyme mask is the one item I did buy - but haven't tried it yet. I'm glad to hear it worked well for you. I also have some samples of the Re9 (?) line but also haven't used yet. My friend (the new rep) is pretty enthusiastic about the product - but again, hard to tell if its genuine or if she's just trying to build her business. I do like that they don't use mineral oil in any of their products. Well - if I like the mask, I may try more...home business vs. over the counter doesn't matter to me...so long as the products work! Pricewise too...if it meets my expectations, I'm likely to keep buying. Of course my expectations get a lot higher as the price of the product goes up!! Thanks for all the feedback...helpful as always!
Arbonne19
5% products discount

Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
arbonne is a great product, there is no dought about it. I love it!
botanicalyou

Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:41 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Arbonne products for over a year now and because I have seen such dramatic results, joined the company.

The company offers a wholesale buyer program for $29. It's like shopping at a wholesale club like Sam's. You pay a yearly fee and get the benefit of being a member. When you join Arbonne, you get your products 35% off retail. There are no quotas and no minimums. Every year after that, you can renew for $15. There are many other benefits/bonuses that you are entitled to.

We have done comparisons and our products are very affordable! It is hard to compare our RE9 line to any other product on the market, as there is nothing like it! We are using nanosphere technology in that line and it is patent pending in both Switzerland and the US.

Arbonne doesn't spend money on advertsing, rent for retail space, etc. Arbonne spends their money on research and development! All our products have a 45 day money back guarantee for any reason.

I love Arbonne and urge everyone to try their samples!

I'm sure your friend isn't just trying to sell her products...she's excited because they actually work! I don't consider myself a salesperson...I educate people on skin care. I'm also not in the convincing business...Arbonne is a gift, if people choose not to accept it, it is there loss, not mine.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
botanicalyou wrote:

Arbonne doesn't spend money on advertsing, rent for retail space, etc. Arbonne spends their money on research and development! All our products have a 45 day money back guarantee for any reason.

Since there was a bit of negative discussion regarding direct sales skin care companies, some time back, I wanted to comment on the specific statement above.

I've been in marketing for about 15 years; I have researched and brought products to companies for successful marketing; have owned part of a direct sales company and have several friends who have owned skincare companies themselves. Based on those experiences, I find the above statement to be true. Smile Regardless of what experience you've had (good or bad) with direct sales distributors personally, most direct sales companies concentrate their $$$ on research and development, rather than advertising. They depend on word of mouth advertising from satisfied customers.

One of my acquaintances who is a Dermatologist wanted to come out with her own skincare line. She first went to the major cosmetic/skincare companies and found that a huge percentage of the capital had to be set aside for their advertising program, leaving her very little for further research and development. Since she felt that research and development were critical to providing customers with superior quality products, she ended up marketing her line through direct sales. That has worked quite well and she has been able to continue coming out with cutting edge quality products without the high costs of advertising.

Let's think about this. Just about every hour, we see some ad for skincare or cosmetics from the major companies. Fact is, we are paying for that advertisement and it runs the cost of the product up so that often we are paying more than you would have to for the same quality if it were not for high advertising costs. Confused These companies use all of us to fund their cost of doing business.

While I know this to be true, naturally I still use many products from those companies, but most of the products I use come from not so well known companies and I'm very confident in their quality. Very Happy

Having said all of that, I still believe that direct sales distributors need to be very professional and need to be sensitive to the preferences and privacy of potential customers. Shame on you A distributor has nothing to gain by forcing their information where it's not wanted, no matter how good the product may be. Brick wall There are plenty of people around who want this information and everyone should concentrate on approaching those who want what you have. It makes life much more pleasant for distributors and customers alike. Dancing

I also find that distributors with direct sales companies are often better trained and know their product line better than the average person behind the counter at the mall of many of the major cosmetics/skincare companies. If you're dealing with an esthetician marketing products from her spa, that's an entirely different story. My experience with most estheticians, is that they never take on a product for marketing unless they have thoroughly investigated it's quality. Smile In fact, when we introduced a new product at the International Estheticians Tradeshow last year, the comment I heard most from Estheticians was, "Let me buy a set and try it; I won't use something with my clients untill I've tried it myself." I appreciate that concern for the client. Smile Even so, I can still buy a quality product from a direct sales rep more economically because he/she doesn't have to cover the cost of a storefront operation. The Esthetician has to factor her cost of doing business daily into the markup she has to get for products. That's just what you have to do if you want to stay in business. Neutral

I realize that others may have a different opinion, but that's just my two cents from knowing people in the industry and from my personal experiences. My main point is, give people credit for wanting to do a good job for you. Just because they are in direct sales, that does not mean they are trying to rip you off. They are operating a business just like any other business person, and most are trying to do the very best job that they can for you. Angel If they don't keep you happy, they don't keep your business; and having you as a happy customer long-term is their main concern. Very Happy

JUDY

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
not having read any of this information before today, i had been approached about arbonne and decided to try the products despite being somewhat skeptical.
i must say, i am pleasantly surprised. i have worked for several mod-lux to luxury cosmetic lines and this stuff is proving to be very nice. i am only on day and night #2 of re9, but i love the feel, texture, citrus scent, and results even tho it's only been 2 days.
we shall see how the rest of the week goes, but it looks to be a thumbs up!! Very Happy
Arbonne19
5% products discount

Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
I just ran into a Mary Kay Rep at a show, wow there anti-aging line is full of mineral oil, second ingredent. Scary Shock
Ohnesorge

Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:18 am      Reply with quote
Gotta tell you, I love Arbonne too! I just signed up to sell it, only because I had never used such a fantastic product on my skin. The RE 9 Antiaging line is the best out there. And if you are going to use it, pay the $29 and get it at cost like us consultants do. Totally affordable for the quality and results. Do your own test- use our samples! How many products are you using that you actually got to test drive before purchasing? You will be so surprised at the results... If you can't find a consultant in your area, just get onwww.arbonne.com and they will locate one for you. (see, I'm not trying to gain customers.. just spreading the word!!)
Sincerely,
Erin, Registered Nurse
skinsational

Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
I couldn't agree with you more. I'm a consultant and before that I did use the products not knowing that I was going to a consultant one day. Arbonne and I are NOT in the convincing game. There are many good products on the market. I can only hope that you will consider Arbonne because you won't ever know if it is any better than what you are currently using unless you at least try it!"
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy - Did you ever try your sample pack? If so, what did you think? This line looks interesting and appears to be getting good reviews.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:37 am      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
Mabsy - Did you ever try your sample pack? If so, what did you think? This line looks interesting and appears to be getting good reviews.
I like the Arbonne Thermal Enzyme something Mask. I’ve tried a few other samples from Arbonne but I must’ve not been impressed because I can’t recall the names and am too lazy to look it up....

Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |