Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Product Packaging
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
How much does a products packaging influence you?

Would you rather pay less for simple packaging?

I ask this because sometimes we think the more beautiful the package the better the product. I have found this is not always true. My bath products are made from a lady that has a home business. They are the best and I would never change. I buy her soaps and lotions that are in little glass jars with homemade label. When I run out I pick up a fresh one.

Other then the above product I must admit I have always been influenced by packaging. Drawn to the pretty bottles must somehow make me think the inside ingredients are better.
Mabsy

Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:35 am      Reply with quote
To answer your (very good) questions: HEAPS and NO! Smile

However, while pretty packaging does suck me in, I would not dismiss a product because of simple packaging. I'm just more likely to buy something I don't need when it comes in a pretty bottle or has a gimmicky concept. Whereas if it's something that I don't need AND it's not nicely packaged, then it's easier for me to put it out of my mind. Sad but true.

But if someone recommended something to me and it came in a crap container I'd buy it (here's looking at you Lush Cosmetics and Mario Badescu! Confused ). Btw, that reminds me, I'm going to a LUSH FRESH PARTY on the 24th of September Very Happy That's when they launch their new range of Fresh Masks here (which the rest of the world has had for MONTHS already!).
panther05
5% products discount

Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
I wouldn't say I'm influenced by packaging in terms of buying, but if I like the way the product looks I'm more likely to stop and take notice. Now if a product is really good but I hate the packaging, I'll still use it, but it annoys me a little.

Now I do like simple streamlined things, very classy looking, when it comes to purfumes and things. If one has an awkward bottle, or is too "froo-froo," I won't buy it.
em
5% products discount

Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
ooooh mabsy, ur a Lush addict too?? me too me two! Very Happy

im a sucker for pretty packaging unfortunately Rolling Eyes but it also depends on wats inside, i dont always blindly buy watever's pretty! but i must say that they're the kind of products -if it were'nt for the packaging - i wouldnt have noticed in the first place! and i usually regret after buying it cos only later do i realise i dont need it, then i cast it off to my bf's sis, ehehe, she's one happy gal!! Wink
im all for product recommendations tho, would buy if the person swears on their life it works!
Mabsy

Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:22 am      Reply with quote
em wrote:
ooooh mabsy, ur a Lush addict too?? me too me two! Very Happy

Laughing I have not yet been able to bring myself to pay $6 for a bath bomb, but I do like their Fresh masks (or at least the ones I have tried). I'm really looking forward to trying the new Cupcake mask too Drool
clin1202
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
I don't really care about fancy packaging when it comes to skincare. However, when it comes to makeup, my standards are higher.
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
LOL you read my mind Mabsy!! I'd also like to add that as much as I love the Jurlique rose and lavender silk dusts, the bulky heavy packaging is pissing me off cause it's leaking all over my purse! Confused
Quote:

But if someone recommended something to me and it came in a crap container I'd buy it (here's looking at you Lush Cosmetics and Mario Badescu! )
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:03 am      Reply with quote
not really a fan of lush as such, but I kinda like their packaging! It's kinda 'non-packaging' which can make one feel virtuous Laughing
I do agree with you clin1202, though. Not toooo bothered about skincare, but I have bought makeup entirely on the basis of how it looks and not what it does! Geurlain is my fave

Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |