Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Does anyone here use Differin 0.1%?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cristaline
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:18 am      Reply with quote
I'd like to know how you like it, what type of skin you have, whether you flaked or purged, etc. I have good, smooth skin that is of a normal type (not dry and definitely not oily; don't break out/no TOM issues) and I am looking into using it for antiaging. Thank you! Appreciate it!
Frangipani
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi Cristaline,

I have been using Differin for the past seven months. I was prescribed Differin because I was experiencing some significant breakouts. After starting with the Differin I had a purging period where my breakouts got worse and I did experience a little irritation around the nose and mouth areas.

I generally have combination skin. After that initial period my skin has adjusted to the Differin and have no irritation and less breakouts. I only use it about three nights a week and apply sparingly.

Not sure how effective it is for antiaging - but hope it is working. I haven't really seen any reduction in fine lines/wrinkles but they haven't got any worse.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi Cristaline
I dont think it has anti-ageing benefits, but yet again I dont have those concerns. I was prescribed Differin 0.1% for my acne, and I did experience some purging and my skin initially was quite oily but since going on Differin, it's more sensitive and dehydrated but I still have combination skin. I did notice that my skin was slightly smoother but I dont think that's cos of the Differin cos I've been off that for a while now (cos its not controlling my acne at all) and my skin is still the same.

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
I was prescribed Differin during my teenage years. I recall it helping with acne but I also had quite a bit of flaking of the skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Differen gel for 6 months now. It was prescribed because of acne and since I am 42 I was finding that every pimple meant a new scar. I can't say that it has done much to prevent pimples, but is excellent at helping to speed up the healing process and I am finding I have less scarring. I have only used it around my nose and chin and therefore can't really judge how effective this product is as an anti-aging lotion.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |