Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Red Cheeks
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Dtime

Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I'm a 19 year old male. Since around the age of 14 I've had really red cheeks. My right cheek is much redder than my other one and it's so annoying - I'm so self conscious of it.

The redness is kind of in a "L" shape. It doesn't really look as bad in this picture as it does in real life.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what to do or what this might be?? I've tried clinique redness relief, clinique soothing moisturizer, and a couple of other redness relief gels/moisturizers. Can anyone recommend any products?? anything??

image here: img81.imageshack.us/img81/371/photo4ut6.jpg
(cant post link because I'm a new member)

Thanks...
yomama606
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:56 am      Reply with quote
Sounds a lot like you might have Rosacea.

Here's a link with some basic facts:
http://www.rosacea.org/patients/allaboutrosacea.php

Hope this helps!
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:52 am      Reply with quote
You're a little young for rosacea. It usually doesn't start until late 20s or the 30s, sometimes later. Also, the early stages of rosacea are characterized by flushing easily, usually around the nose and cheek apples. As time goes on, the flushing lasts longer and longer each time until the redness persists and little capillaries break.

Your redness looks more like a rash. It could be caused by an allergy, a reaction to stress, a fungus, an infection, or something related to psoriasis (it's hard to tell from that pic).

Unfortunately, Clinique skincare has a terrible reputation and it often makes the problems worse! I know it wrecked my skin back when I was in my early 20s. Just do a search for it here on EDS to see all the bad reviews. Their makeup is okay, but their skin care is harsh.

First, I think you should see a doctor/dermatologist if possible (you have healthcare). A doctor might be able to tell you exactly what it is. If the doctor prescribes a product with cortisone, be careful not to use it long term (more than a month). Cortisone thins the skin, and the damage is cumulative over the lifetime, eventually resulting in broken capillaries and more redness (the very thing you are trying to treat).

Here are some really great things that I know will help you. I've seen them help many many others with similar issues:

Helichrysum hydrosol found atwww.naturesgift.com/hydrosol/HelichrysumHydrosol.htm
(get the one without alcohol). Spritz on face 3 times a day (morning, noon, and night).

Rosacea Travel Kit atwww.naturesgift.com/aromatherapyskincare.htm.
(the ingredients in the products are wonderful for treating all types of redness and inflammation problems, not just rosacea).

Refined Emu Oil right here at EDS under the Dremu product line http://www.essentialdayspa.com/dremu-oil-p_5404.htm and also at LB Processors at http://lbemuoil.com/ultraemuoil.htm (make sure you get the ultra emu oil (refined) because it penetrates better than the other types). Apply the emu oil at night before bed. Don't worry, it will not break you out.

If you use the helichrysum hydrosol (3 times a day) and the emu oil (at night) regularly, your redness will probably be gone in a week.

You might also add a good quality fish oil supplement to your diet. Be sure to get a reliable brand; there are a lot of bad fish oil products because supplements are pretty much unregulated. A great brand is Carlson Super Omega 3 Fish Oil, which you can get in a lot of healthfood stores and atwww.vitacost.com.

Good luck!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:59 am      Reply with quote
I wouldn't try any products until I consulted with a derm first to ascertain if it's rosacea. You may be young, but it could be the first sign of it. And if it indeed is a rash, well, a derm would be where I would begin as well.
Dtime

Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the help/recommendations. I'll probably try the Emu Oil and the Helichrysum hydrosol.

I have asked a doctor for his opinion once, and he said that it was just blood flow and there was nothing I could do about it. I don't think he knew what he was talking about because sometimes it does get lighter and sometimes it gets worse. I havn't seen a derm, I will probably do that if this emu oil and helichrysum hydrosol method doesnt work.

Thanks..
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
I've never used this cream but it has gotten good recomendations on skinstore.com. It is called ATOPALM MLE Cream and it is supposed to help with a host of skin conditions including rosacea. Here is a link http://www.skinstore.com/store/product.asp?catID=2569&prodID=2571 Let us know what happens.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |