Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: PSF StimuColl-C Intensive Eye Serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
crazyskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
I've been meaning to review this product for several weeks now and I'm glad I finally found a block of free time! When I started using this I was looking for a Vit C product for my eye area that would be gentle and non-drying.

Description: A light yellow product that is closer to a lotion than a serum consistency. My 15 ml amber bottle came with a dropper.

Active Ingredients: Magnesium ascorbyl phosphate (Vit C ester), hyaluronic acid, niacin peptides, palmitoyl tripeptide-3, MMPi complex

More info on ingredients and other stuff here: http://www.psfskincare.com/stimucoll.htm

My Issues: dark circles, very thin skin in the undereye area that is chronically dry, wrinkles underneath the lower lashes and fine lines below.

My Results: First off, I adore the texture of this product I am one of those people who have to be careful with heavy products around the eyes. Inspite of my dryness problem using an eye product with a heavy consistency always gives me puffiness the next morning. This one is just right, and it sinks right in without a greasy feel or unnatural sheen.

To minimize my dark circles I was using a Vit K serum at night before layering another hydrating serum. This combination moisturizes adequately in the warm summer months, but is sorely lacking in the colder parts of the year. I tried this product with and without the Vit K step and I found that I don't really need the Vit K because the StimuColl alone gave me the brightening effect with much better hydration to boot Very Happy Even during this pretty severe winter, with the heaters at full blast, a light application of a drop or 2 is enough to maintain moisture overnight. I find that the increased moisture plumps up my thin-skinned and slightly sunken undereye area and that in turn reduces the dark circles. Niacin is said to be a mild skin lightener so I'm thinking the niacin peptides helped with the discoloration too.

This product also dramatically helped my fine lines to the point that they're a lot less visible in a matter of weeks. I have also seen an improvement in the deeper lines right underneath my lower lashes Very Happy

So in conclusion, this product gave me a brighter, well-rested, more youthful look around my eyes. Plus, I now use just one product instead of 2 or 3. No more layering = a few more minutes for sleeping and less money spent. A little truly goes a long way, in many ways, with this amazing product!

Rating:

The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
PSF Pure Skin Formulations StimuColl-C™ Intensive Eye Serum (0.5 oz/15mL)
PSF Pure Skin Formulations StimuColl-C™ Intensive Eye Serum (0.5 oz/15mL)

This hydrating eye treatment combines the antioxidant and collagen building properties of Vitamin C in a non-acidic form with a new technology peptide that triggers the release of skin's own tissue growth factor (TGF-β) to protect the vital dermal matrix of the delicate eye area.

yusufosman
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:53 am      Reply with quote
i've been waiting for a review of this. thanks crazyskin. i need a new eye cream - and a good one and i liked the sound of this when PSF released it. my skin seems to be dehydrated under eyes! i shall buy it on my return from mexico.
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
I am using this as well and like the texture, etc. Too soon for me to comment on the results yet but it does come in a dropper bottle like a serum does although it is more the texture of a light lotion. I find it is not that easy to get it out of the dropper (only thing I dislike). I don't know if any other type of bottle/tube could be used to make it easier? I can forsee that when I get to the end of the product it is going to be hard to get what is left out.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
I am very fond of this product Very Happy The skin around my eyes seems much firmer. The fact that I can apply it to my lid is a big plus. What surprised me the most about this wonderful C eye serum is that it has helped deflat the bags under my eyes. For that reason alone I would repurchase it. One little drop does the whole eye area and should last a very long time. Another great product from Pure Skin Formulations.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
WOW, I should try this:!:
kylala
5% products discount

Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:18 am      Reply with quote
For those of you using this product, how long have you been using it? It sounds too good to be true. Thanks for the reviews.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:03 am      Reply with quote
I ordered this and can't wait for it to arrive. Will post when I see results. Those of you who have tried it are seeing results after a very short time! It has not been around long.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:37 am      Reply with quote
This product also comes in a pump- a larger size though.

http://www.psfskincare.com/stimucoll.htm

The price made me wince Sad but after these reviews, I may buy this size. I was going to order the super hydrating eye treatment to go along with the c serum. Do I need this or does the stimucoll alone suffice.

BTW, free shipping till dec. 31 for u.s., Canada & U.K. Very Happy
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:17 am      Reply with quote
marina,

I found that with the Stimucoll I do not need a moisturizer over it. I use it once a day in the morning for the C protection. The consistency is very silky. Try it first without a moisturizer and see how you do. I have combination skin.
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
My skin is on the dry side right now and I find I do not need a moisturizer overtop- I just put my sunscreen on top of it.
crazyskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
Yusufosman, its a terrific product! Please let us know how you do with it, and have a great time in Mexico!

Hi sharky Smile likewise please post your results. We eagerly await your comments.

lily, I agree that the dropper can be hard to work with. I'm thinking that the pump dispenser of the 30 ml size might be better, but then again I tend to over-dispense with a pump and end up wasting my products. Perhaps PSF (paging Darren!) can be persuaded to offer a choice between the two? Think

Winnie, I'm glad you're liking this too Very Happy I could not comment on its ability to depuff (beyond not making my eyes puffy after overnight use) as I have more of a sinking problem.

kylala, I have used it for about 8 weeks. The brightening and hydrating effect were immediate for me, and the firming/line reduction was noticeable after 2 weeks. I understand your concern because I myself could not believe that the results were so good and so fast Shock

marina, the price may seem steep but you really need a small amount with each application. I've been using the 15 ml size for 8 weeks now, nights only, and I still have a lot left. Plus, StimuColl has replaced 3 other products I use which are 30+ USD each so I am spending less and getting more results. I love that its one step that does it all for me Very Happy

For those of you on the fence, StimuColl is available in a sample 5 ml size. If your eye area issues are anything like mine this will likely be enough for you to see a difference. HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:37 am      Reply with quote
thanks crazyskin...i'll link to some pictures when i'm back.

i hope i'm not too broke on return to be able to buy a some new products i want. currently i'm out of eye cream. maybe i'll get one cheap at the airport.

happy holidays to you all.
beautyfashaddict
5% products discount

Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
Im so glad they have extended their special. Ive already purchased the 20% C serum and next will be this product.
kylala
5% products discount

Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Got my $25 sample today. Nice texture, absorbs well. Keep you all posted on my progress.
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
crazyskin,
Sorry...just came across your question about the 15mL dropper vs. the 30mL pump. I agree that the dropper is not the most convenient or efficient dispenser, since the texture is more of a lotion that a water-based serum.

We researched & contacted every bottle supplier that we know of, and none of them offer a 15mL pump in amber glass. The only option would be a clear acrylic 15mL pump dispenser, but the UV light could destabilize the peptide complex. We were debating on whether or not to offer the 15mL dropper at all, but we realize that the 1oz is a bit costly, even taking into account the product's efficay & how far it goes.

If anyone has any suggestions, we are open to changing the packaging, but it would need to be a UV protectant container that will protect the integrity of the active ingredients.

Any ideas? Question

-Darren
Pure Skin Formulations

5% products discount

Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Ive been applying the 20% C serum around my eyes with no problem, so I was wondering do I really need the Stimu-Coll C?
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
beautyfashaddict,
If you are tolerating the 20% around your eye area with no problem, and your mail goal is a c serum for the eye area, then you could just go with the 20% c. The StimuColl has the added benefits of the peptides & MMPi complex in addition to vit. c, so it would depend on what you're looking for in a product.

5% products discount

Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
So could I layer this over the 20% C ? A friend of mine has already ordered the Stimucoll for me.
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, you could always layer it if it not too much for your eye area to handle. Or you could use one in the AM & the other in the PM. Or use the StimuColl just for the eye area & the 20% C for the rest of your face. You have so many options now! Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Darren Smile sorry for the late reply. For some reason I have not been getting notices when new posts are added to the threads I'm watching in this forum.

I'm afraid I don't have anything to suggest, I don't know much about available packaging options. I actually have some pump dispenser lids on hand, I suppose I could use them instead. Or if they don't fit your bottle maybe transfer the contents to another amber bottle that will fit the lids. The most important thing to me is product stability. I will gladly deal with the slight inconvenience of the dropper dispenser for the sake of stability! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
I just have to say, that although this product looks very interesting, I won't try it because I feel it is over-priced!! Can't see any reason to pay over a hundred dollars for any skin cream. It just doesn't cost that much to produce it (IMO).
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
I received the Super Emergen-C Repair Serum and StimuColl-C Intensive Eye Serum today. Plus they added 3 samples of other products (don't you just love that!!!) I hope I see the wonderful effects everyone is raving about!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:38 am      Reply with quote
I also picked up mine today from the Royal Mail Sorting Office, Chrissie (damn those blummin' Customs fees!)

I'm really looking forward to trying this line, and PSF included some great free samples for me too. As well as the StimuColl and Emergen-C, I ordered the Hydrating Eye Cream.

Keeping my fingers crossed that it works as well for us as it did for the others! Very Happy
kylala
5% products discount

Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
I've used up my sample. If you are considering buying this product, don't waste your money on the sample size. It didn't last nearly as long as the other eye cream samples and I paid nearly $35 once you add in the shipping. Also, I probably got about 10 pumps of product...certainly not enough for me to assess how well it works.
HappyStar
5% products discount

Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi, ladies,
I wish I saw this earlier. I've just used up my eye cream and was surfing through this site to find a better one to try. Now I've decided to giive PSF StimuColl a go. Hope I'll get amazing results like you guys Razz
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |