Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Avene Diacneal
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
HannaLee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried this product? I went into Sephora a few weeks ago and they recommended biotherm's acnopur line for me, but decided to just get it from SDM since I have a ton of optimum points (redeemable rewards points for anyone wondering)...anyways, once I got to SDM, the beautician recommeded Avene's line of products instead. So I ended up getting the Diacneal instead of the Biotherm.

It as 6% glycolic acid and 0.1% retinaldehyde.

Another question, I'm getting a maintenance microderm in a couple weeks...how soon before should I stop using the Acneal, and how soon after can I restart using it?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi HannaLee, I've been using Avene's Retrinal 0.1% for about a month now and love the difference it's making. It isn't that strong so I haven't gotten any flakies or peeling, I don't know what the difference the addition of the glycolic acid will make for you. I think you probably just have to give yourself a few days before and after the microdermabrasion.
HannaLee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
So I've only used it a couple days, the first day I used it morning and night...while I'm not getting anymore flakies than I already had...boy, can I feel it! I've used so many products on my skin and nothing even happens, I barely felt a thing with my first JB peel, prescription vitamin A creams, up to 10% benzoyl peroxide or using 10% glycolic toners and such...but the Avene...

I don't notice anything too overt after putting it on, but this morning my skin felt the way it does a few days after a microdermabrasion...not tight like when its overly dry, but along those lines...I'm now going to use it every other day to see how it goes...

On a plus note, my pores are already looking so much better! Although it should be noted that I did have a facial done on saturday Smile
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
That's great. I have a suggestion, why don't you use it only at night, I don't think you should use it twice a day. You can alternate nights with it. And, don't forget sunscreen!
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:45 am      Reply with quote
About 2 months ago I switched to Avene from Tretinion as I had read that it would be less harsh with little or no flaking. I bought the .05% to start with but I think I need to go to the .1% or possibly try the Diacneal because I am breaking out more than before.

HannaLee I was told to stop using any retinol A product like Avene a minimum of 3 days before any peel or microderm treatment. Having said that, to have your eyebrows/lips waxed you must stop a full week before the treatment or it will rip the skin right off Shock The subsequent scabs are hard to hide.....

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
to have your eyebrows/lips waxed you must stop a full week before the treatment or it will rip the skin right off Shock The subsequent scabs are hard to hide.....

That's why I have my eyebrows threaded. There is some redness but it goes away quickly.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
About 2 months ago I switched to Avene from Tretinion as I had read that it would be less harsh with little or no flaking. I bought the .05% to start with but I think I need to go to the .1% or possibly try the Diacneal because I am breaking out more than before.

I've noticed a few random brekouts from using the Retrinal but I alternate nights with IS Clinical Active serum and that usually makes the pimples go away within a day.
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:26 am      Reply with quote
I heard about eyebrow threading from a friend who had it done in NYC. I need to put some effort into finding that service because that would definitely solve the problem.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
I have now reduced to only using once every other night...I'm getting quite the flakies which doesn't look all that pretty, and I have interviews next weekend so i want to minimize the dry patches as much as I can!

Any suggestions for a good moisturizer?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
HannaLee wrote:
I have now reduced to only using once every other night...I'm getting quite the flakies which doesn't look all that pretty, and I have interviews next weekend so i want to minimize the dry patches as much as I can!

Any suggestions for a good moisturizer?

Maybe you should try an enzyme exfoliation mask, Celazome Enzyme Exfoliating Mask http://www.skinstore.com/store/product.asp?catID=2936&prodID=2952 is a gentle, cream mask that should help eliminate the flakies. Dermalogica skin smoothing cream may be a nice moisturizer for you to try.
HannaLee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
So I've been using the Diacneal for a couple weeks now, on and off since i was originally supposed to get a microdermabrasion, but ended up having to reschedule due to a breakout.

The breakout had started prior to using the diacneal, so I don't blame it for this.

So far, it has been helping to keep my pores relatively clean, and that's including my occassional laziness in washing! My forehead also looks glowy which is a plus for me!!

I'm now able to use it 2 days on, 1 day off without getting the major flakies.

I've also been using my old vichy moisturizer since I haven't found anything to replace it yet...most of the products I've tried break me out, or make me oily :S So I'm using the vichy on top of my pearl paste for now.

As for helping with the breakouts...I can't comment just yet...I haven't been any worse than normal, and I'm still using my clindoxyl (clindamycin+BP) to spot treat.

I do think the diacneal is helping with my brown spots though. they were lightening due to the micro sessions (best investment ever! much better than my 3 courses of accutane Rolling Eyes), but the diacneal seems to be helping even more in renewing the skin, so I'm excited to see how this goes!
shelly
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:52 am      Reply with quote
I recently switched to Diacneal after a few unsuccessful attempts to use Retin-a Micro and Differin. For me, I find the claims of it being much less irritating and drying true. I so far seem to have maintained the clear pores achieved with Retin-a and Differin but too soon to say if it will last long term. Only complaint is I find my skin turns pretty red after I put it on even after waiting 30 minutes after washing. Not sure if this is a sign I should not use it...I'm thinking it's the Glycolic. It calms down and looks fine in the morning so not a show stopper for me at this point.
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
I use this at night only. I like a lot of the Avene products. I tend to use this more in the summer and Ystheal and or Eulage in the winter when I am dry.

I suggest starting with once a week. Then add nights until you are using it nightly. The Glyolic acid (AHA) and the highest retinaldhyde in the Avene products (double the amount in Ystheal and Eulage) is actually very effective and stronger than a LOT of OTC products.

It is labeled anti-acne but is truly anti-aging.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:29 am      Reply with quote
I was just in Vancouver this weekend and, as per usual, stopped into a Shoppers Drug Mart to pick up some stuff that I can't easily come by in the US. They've got an offer on Eluage that, for the same price as normally charged, gives you a mini tube of the extra strength gel and a small Eluage cleanser as well. But the real bargain appears to be Diacneal--just a bit over half the price of the Eluage, and it's got twice the retinaldehyde! Unfortunately, they only had one in stock...but if I'd been around longer I'd have checked out a larger SDM and picked up two or three.
shimmie*
5% products discount

Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
autumn95 wrote:
It is labeled anti-acne but is truly anti-aging.

Thank you for answering my question about its true benefit! I don't suffer from acne at all. This product sounds great.
saz07
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:58 am      Reply with quote
I use Affirm (x2). This is very good anti aging product. My fine lines have dissapered within 3 weeks. it contains retinol. It comes in 3 strengths. 1 is for sensitive, 2 is for normal and 3 is for oily or more tolerant skin.

Is also has a patent for its microsponge technology which means the retinol is abosorbed into the skin over 8 hours. This product is intended to be used at night only.

It also helps with sunspots, discoloration and other skin concerns.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
So its been a few weeks now, and I like it! It didn't cause an initial breakout, which is a big plus for me too!

It does seem to be doing a good job at keeping the pores clean my blackheads are nearly nonexistent...you can still see them, as no amount of microderm will ever give me poreless skin.

I don't find it to be doing anything 'anti-acne' though...I stil get my typical TOTM breakouts, but the additional use of clindoxyl (clindamycin + BP) helps settle it.

I plan on exploring more of the Avene line though.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |