Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Bobbi Brown Corrector (help for dark circles!)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
graceless_lady
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Depending on how much sleep I have or have not had, I suffer from what I would classify as "moderate" dark circles on a bad day. I have come to the conclusion that there is no wonder product to get rid of dark circles under the eyes, so I have recently turned my efforts to finding the best possible concealer. After reading good things about Bobbi Brown here and on MUA, I decided to try her creamy concealer (with the attached pot of powder) - and, while I was ordering, my attention was drawn to the Corrector which, as an afterthought, I added to my basket. The concealer is fine (though I prefer Lauren Hutton's) - but the Corrector has made a HUGE difference. I bought the light peach - as well as this being correct for my skin tone, I have often read before that salmon-coloured concealers are best for covering dark circles. You are meant to put it on before foundation and concealer. A little goes a long way - it goes on evenly, doesn't make fine lines stand out even more (like some concealers) and, best of all, it's a strong enough pigment and in the right shade to cover those pesky dark circles. I then need less foundation and concealer to get better results than I've ever had ... I can honestly say this is the best product I have ever used to cover my dark circles.

So, until someone comes up with a guaranteed miracle cure for dark circles, this at least offers me a temporary solution.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thats interesting -- I'll have to take a look at it.
lmv
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
this product works wonders when you're stressed and lack restful sleep... =D

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Does it good for dry skin ?

Thanks
lmv
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
i'm not too sure abt dry skin, but i have comb/oily skin and i find that it's quite moist and i would have to wait a while for my eye cream to settle before applying this corrector (i use it along with their "creamy concealer"; if i dont and i was in a hurry, later in the day i'd find that its kinda runny and metls...
so i'm guessing it'll be alright/ good for dry skin...

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:23 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for a great review Graceless_ Lady ^^;;; I'm glad that someone else has discovered how great this Bobbi Brown corrector is. To me it's pure genius... I love how the pigment is dense enough to cover darkness, even the most darkest of circles found on Indian and Mediterranean skintones. Because the corrector is pink-based, this cancels out the redness/ darkness in the inner hollows of the eyese. It works perfectly well under the yellow-based cream concealer. But make sure you don't mix the two. They are meant to be layered. The corrector makes a big difference to just using a concealer alone (try it just on one eye and with only concealer on the other)... Exclamation

This is a *must* product for brides.

Summertimegirl
x
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:30 am      Reply with quote
yobi wrote:
Does it good for dry skin ?

Thanks

Yes, the corrector and concealer can be used by all skin types, but I find particularly for dry skin, it's essential to use an eye cream as a base first, otherwise the product will settle into the lines.

lmv wrote:
this product works wonders when you're stressed and lack restful sleep... =D

I so agree with you...it helps to make you look rested and really bright even when you've only had a couple of hours sleep!!! Bad Grin Not that you can always get away with sleep deficit. Rolling Eyes
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |