Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Where do you Shop for Fashion? How do you find your style?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
I'm really lazy when it comes to shopping for clothes. I find the whole thing very difficult. I'd like to dress more fashionable. However I have to admit that I am so stuck on comfort. I'm more of a t-shirt and jeans kind of person. Yet I love the look of nice fashion when I see it on other women.

The problem is I don't want to spend thousands of dollars per outfit like all of the high fashion glam magazines and celebrities tout. $2,000 shoulder bags, $900 shoes, $1,400 dresses etc. No thank you. I'd rather spend a few thousand total on updating my wardrobe. Yet, I have yet to find a brand and store that is totally my style and affordable and everything else. Just the thought of hunting everywhere at dozens of different stores just really brings me down. I wish there was just that 1 place to go to or 1-2 places as the ones. I used to shop at Banana a long time ago, but not only has my style changed some since then, they completely changed what they carry and started going all 70's - 80's and weird like everyone else.

I'd also love to get a whole organic and sustainable wardrobe but that is pretty much extremely difficult as well. All that stuff is either not flattering or stylish or if it is it is super expensive and you can only find it online, so you can't try it on anyways.

Jeans and shoes are not so much of a problem. I'd like to find better fitting jeans and probably will have to go with some designer labels. Yet, it's pretty basic, just a good fit to look for. What the real kicker is is nice stylish tops. Getting away from my old t-shirts and shrunken sweaters. Knowing what kind of tops to get and how to wear them etc. is hard. They always seem too expensive, because unlike jeans which I will pay more for because I don't need as many, tops seem like they will be changed much more often and not worn as much. Thus I need a lot more of them. What are your favorite stores for cute/stylish tops and clothes?
myamax
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:34 am      Reply with quote
I find that J.Crew (www.jcrew.com) has a good selection of reasonably priced tops and dressier sweaters - lots of colour choices too.

I know what you mean about a t-shirt and jeans as they are my favourites as well. I will usually toss a cashmere sweater on top of the tee and hope I look a bit more put together:)
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:19 am      Reply with quote
I'm not sure whether they ship internationally out the UK but http://www.peopletree.co.uk has some really nice organic, fair trade clothes.

A way of buying expensive clothes more cheaply on-line is by looking through the sales on http://www.netaporter.com - I've had some gorgeous bargains from there.
Martinalix

Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:35 am      Reply with quote
Hello
majorb i purchased fashion t shirt at netaporter its not fashionable and very expensive i don't understand i like t shirt i have many fashion able t shirt i buy monthly stylist t shirt.
luckylouie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:15 am      Reply with quote
If you're stuck in a fashion rut, consider asking a friend whose style you admire to go shopping with you. All of us at some stage have no clue what looks good on us and end up wearing what looked good on us 10 years ago. Don't buy anything when you go shopping the first time, just try on things, get your friends opinion, take digital photos so you can get a really good look at what different styles of clothes do to your figure and colouring.

Then you can go home, take a good look at the photos, work out what looks good and you feel happy wearing and start working out a budget to incorporate new pieces into your wardrobe. A good way of keeping prices down is to work out a basic set of colours that flatter you and work well together. For instance black may be too harsh for some people, but navy makes a good base and goes with a wide range of other colours. A navy blazer can be dressed up as part of a suit or worn over a shift dress, or dressed down with jeans and a white t-shirt for the weekend.

Also remember you don't need a lot of clothes to look good. Christian Dior always said that it was better for a woman to wear the same outfit that looked good on her regularly than to wear a lot of outfits that were not as flattering. This doesn't mean you have to look the same all the time, but it does mean working out what flatters your body and sticking to those shapes.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:35 am      Reply with quote
Martinalix wrote:
Hello
majorb i purchased fashion t shirt at netaporter its not fashionable and very expensive i don't understand i like t shirt i have many fashion able t shirt i buy monthly stylist t shirt.

Hi, Martinalix,

If you don't like the fashion or prices at netaporter, then I'm not sure why you bought your t-shirt there? Question

They sell a lot more than just t-shirts and I tend to buy classic, timeless items from them in their sales - things that will last for years and never go out of date. I don't mind paying more for something that's of very good quality and can be worn for years. Although I like to look up-to-date, I'm not really bothered about wearing extremely trendy stuff.
SourApple
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:48 am      Reply with quote
To save money here is what I do at the beginning of every season.

Go to store websites, starting with the most cheap (Old Navy - Target, etc) and add everything I want in my shopping cart, then add those to an Excel spreadsheet. Narrow it down by price and see what is the absolute cheapest I can go for an item. I go for basics that can be used in different oufits (basic colors - greys, black and browns). Sometimes I'll then go to a clothing reseller or a place like TJ Maxx to find deals. But starting out with the cheapest place is usually the best way and you don't buy more than you need!

I really think the best choice is to splurge a little for a classic item that's durable and can last for a few years, but this year I just don't have the money to do so.
Sophias1920
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
You do not need to spend a lot of money to dress like a million dollars. I like to look around for styles that are not common. It is always cool if you can get them at great deals.

I am 24 years old and I shop around at various places like Guess, Lacoste, Victoria's Secret and even clothes that are found on the Canadian Shopping Channel etc. There are clothes from the Canadian Shopping Channel that are a amazing in quality and style; much better than the well known brands. You may laugh but it is true!

I love clothes that are stylish yet comfortable. Silk or cotton mixed shirts that you can tie at the front. I also favour casual clothes like yoga pants and t-shirts. My taste in clothes is quite diverse. However, you won't see me wearing something uncomfortable. I actually have high heels that are really comfortable. Rockport and Reflexan are two great companies that make great shoes.
agee
5% products discount

Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
What do you wear in SanDiego area during early Sept? White pants yes or no? Jeans? Where I live we lean away from summery stuff after Labor Day. Need help with what to pack for a trip this week to So.Cal. thank you
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
I prefer to buy mostly versatile layering pieces from Express (my fave store for basics), and then keep things interesting and show my individuality with a few more unusual pieces thrown in. For more interesting pieces, I love these shawls:
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5563966

As well as these capes:
http://www.express.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=1018&parentCategoryId=2&categoryId=33&subCategoryId=33

It's also easy to find organic/sustainable pieces on etsy to add to your wardrobe. I love this top:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=fp_feat_2&listing_id=12839911
I also love this bamboo shrug:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_13&listing_id=14354390

This lady makes shawls from alpaca wool grown right on her own farm--- it doesn't get much more sustainable than that! I think the shawls are really lovely too:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_16&listing_id=13207942

Urban Outfitters is another great place to shop, both for basics like layering camis and for more unusual pieces.
This is such a lovely basic cardigan:
http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&navAction=jump&id=14898837&search=true&isProduct=true&parentid=SEARCH+RESULTS&color=01
And I ADORE this slightly fancier cardigan too:
http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&navAction=jump&id=15254550&search=true&isProduct=true&parentid=SEARCH+RESULTS&color=11

(For some weird reason my links aren't working--- try cutting and pasting them!^-^)

Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |