Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Please recommend a high quality multivitamin!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:44 am      Reply with quote
I take a One a Day every day! I have felt that I needed a higher quality vitamin but I do not even know where to start. Please tell me which brand of high quality multivitamin you take. Also, can someone tell me what is the diff. between high quality and cheaply made vitamins. Thanks!
oncloudten
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
Go to vitacost.com and look at their Synergy line of multi's. I did a lot of research and highly recommend. Find the one that works best for you...I take the 1 a day Synergy Version 2.
Read here for more info about what sets their NSI Brand apart from the crowd: http://www.vitacost.com/Company/AboutNSI.aspx

Before you order, be sure and google "vitacost coupon". You can just about always find a 5% discount code! And their shipping is very reasonable..flat fee.

Can you tell I'm a fan??!!

V
irka
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
I take Super Multi by natural factors.It's a vegetarian formula,meaning that the vitamins come from real food rather than synthetic formulas.Thus they are absorbed better by your body.
CMAYC
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a firm believer in multi-vitamins that are formulated to take several times a day. You absorb more that way. My nauropath turned me on to this idea. I'm currently using the Basic Prenatal from Thorne Research (still breastfeeding), but there are other formulations. www.thorne.com
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
I saw on one of the morning shows that Costco brand vitamins are a good quality
Lou
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
CMAYC wrote:
I'm a firm believer in multi-vitamins that are formulated to take several times a day. You absorb more that way. My nauropath turned me on to this idea. I'm currently using the Basic Prenatal from Thorne Research (still breastfeeding), but there are other formulations. www.thorne.com

Thorne Research is also highly recommended by my Naturopathic Doctor. She also likes Genestra, Douglas Laboratories and Truestar Health (their products are made by Douglas Laboratories).

You may also want to check out this book, "THE NUTRISEARCH COMPARATIVE GUIDE TO NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENTS". It ranks supplements of various companies in terms of nutritional value, absorbancy, etc.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
I like the "Active" formulation of the GNC Women's Ultra Mega.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for all your responses! I will check all your recommendations out and then make a choice! I do prefer natural over synthetic!
myamax
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi Starlight - you may also be interested in New Chapter as they formulate their suppliments from a whole food complex (not from synthetic vitamins, minerals and chemical herbal isolates)
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:04 am      Reply with quote
This is what I take
http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=1867&at=0

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:16 am      Reply with quote
I have the purchased multi-vitamin over and over again but never manage to take it regularly as it's like a horse pill!

Any recommendation for good MV that's smaller in size?

The GNC Ultra Mega MV is just too big for me!

Thanks!

30s; Fair to Medium with yellow undertones; Combination skin - occasional breakouts, vertical brow lines, age spots, acne marks, few broken caps, tiny bumps (chicken skin); Eyes: puffy, dark circles and fine lines..... yeah, lots to fix Smile WIP
MrsDowFire
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
alisons79 wrote:
I like the "Active" formulation of the GNC Women's Ultra Mega.

Ditto

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Goofygal wrote:

The GNC Ultra Mega MV is just too big for me!

Thanks!

I cut mine in half.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
I do cut mine in half too.. but still big by my standard.. I'm just so bad in swallowing pills! Pretty lame huh.. Sad

30s; Fair to Medium with yellow undertones; Combination skin - occasional breakouts, vertical brow lines, age spots, acne marks, few broken caps, tiny bumps (chicken skin); Eyes: puffy, dark circles and fine lines..... yeah, lots to fix Smile WIP
wen_goldfish
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
i'm taking nuskin lifepaks.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Innate Response makes some good multivitamins. They also have a hair, skin, and nails complex. Here are some Innate Response vitamins that I'm considering:

http://www.iherb.com/Innate-Response-Formulas-One-Daily-180-Tablets/30876

http://www.iherb.com/Innate-Response-Formulas-Women-s-One-Daily-60-Tablets/36253

http://www.iherb.com/Innate-Response-Formulas-Women-s-Multi-90-Tablets/30884

As a previous poster mentioned, their vitamins come from foods.
ashlee
5% products discount

Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:07 am      Reply with quote
i have used Surbex Z taqblets. They are iron tablets. You can try that too but one a day
terraaus
5% products discount

Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:34 am      Reply with quote
I like GNC's ultra mega vitamins. They also have a Hair, Skin and Nails vitamin that is good.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Here are some other good multivitamins:

1. http://www.iherb.com/MegaFood-DailyFoods-Women-s-180-Tablets/4081
2. http://www.iherb.com/Innate-Response-Formulas-Baby-Me-Trimester-I-II-120-Tablets/30881
3. http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=GU-1106
4. http://www.iherb.com/Advanced-Orthomolecular-Research-AOR-Ortho-Core-Advanced-Multivitamin-Mineral-Formula-180-Capsules/33670?at=0
5. http://www.iherb.com/Controlled-Labs-Orange-Triad-Multi-Vitamin-Joint-Digestion-amp-Immune-Formula-270-Tablets/24674

The MegaFood vitamin (the first one) is very similar to Innate Response vitamins.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Twinlab Allergy Multi Caps.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |