Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Juara skin care-a new find!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jenw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Isn't it funny how you can go to this site every day and it seems like you find something new each time! I happend to just come across the skin care line called Juara. It seems really interesting and the eye cream and masks have gotten great reviews. Has anyone tried the Sweet Black Tea and Rice Facial Moisturizer? I thought it might be a nice night time cream. I've tried to go to their website but it must be down right now, any info you guys have would be great! Thanks so much!
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
I sampled a bunch of their products (not the moisturizer) about a year or so ago and I wasn't impressed. I didn't think the eye cream or body lotion were all that great. If you send them an email via their website you may be able to get some samples.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
It is interesting. I will check it out.
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:35 am      Reply with quote
jenw wrote:
Has anyone tried the Sweet Black Tea and Rice Facial Moisturizer? I thought it might be a nice night time cream.

I recommend trying samples first too. I like their hand balm and body butter, but they have a very strong sweet smell.

The moisturizer was disappointing to me - and I bought it 60% off Laughing Didn't do anything special good or bad. It's not rich, like the eye cream.

Another product of theirs that I would not recommend is the Sweet Black Tea Lip treatment. It might be that I was unlucky and got a bad one, but mine got tossed after trying it two times! Tasted awful and made my lips feel numb and dry.

However, they have another lip balm with candlenut oil which I haven't tried, but believe to be good since I tend to like their products with candlenut oil.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:33 am      Reply with quote
I second the Sweet Black Tea Lip treatment as being one of the worst products I have ever tried. It's a lumpy white cream that doesn't melt into the lips but rather just sits on top of them, and when you try to rub it in it remains thick and lumpy and all one can do is rub off the whole cream and toss the darn product into the garbage - which is what I did. This is a real thumbs down product.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
I second the Sweet Black Tea Lip treatment as being one of the worst products I have ever tried.

I third that!
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Water, Candlenut (Aleurites moluccana) Oil, Emulsifying Wax NF, Cyclomethicone, Avocado (Persea gratissima) Oil, Unsaponifiables, Stearyl Alcohol, Illipe (Shorea stenoptera) Seed Butter, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Vitamin E (Tocopheryl) Acetate, Saccharomyces/Xylinum Black Tea Ferment, Hydroxyethylacrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Polysorbate 60, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Flavor, Fragrance.

it probably isn't very good to use because emulsifying wax is the 3rd ingredient and then ext is a silicone

i'd imagine it's very thick and doesn't absorb into the skin at all...

also the black tea extracts are probably in less than like .5% concentration seeing to its placement on the ingredient list
jenw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Well it did look kinda interesting at first but now I'm not so sure! Maybe I should just stick with my first thought, Eminence Organics Blueberry Night Cream!
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:25 am      Reply with quote
Edenfield....your are so right!!!! It is, indeed, very thick and doesn't absorb no matter how much you try to rub it in. You are very ingredient savvy. I must learn to become like that too Smile
jenw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
It can be kinda frustrating when you see conflicting reviews on products. This cream has gotten both good and bad reviews and so has the other cream I am contemplating,the Eminence Blueberry Night Cream! I guess I'll have to fork over some $$ and try them both for myself! Now which one first?!
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
jenw wrote:
It can be kinda frustrating when you see conflicting reviews on products. This cream has gotten both good and bad reviews and so has the other cream I am contemplating,the Eminence Blueberry Night Cream! I guess I'll have to fork over some $$ and try them both for myself! Now which one first?!

You can buy samples of Eminence products from this website:
http://www.buynaturalskincare.com/store/index.php?cPath=45_55&osCsid=833a3ba88c875e261d045957e0c4ca5a
jenw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much,maybe I'll give that a try!! I didn't even know about that site but it's a really great idea,especailly when you don't have a place where you can sample the textures first!
gigiab6
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried the sweet black tea and rice facial moisturizer that has combo skin? I just got a sample with my EDS order and am trying to figure out what to try first. TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:57 am      Reply with quote
I have dry skin and have a sample of the face moisturizer from the travel kit being sold on QVC (I spoke about on another Juara thread). It feels nice but I don't think I would purchase a full size.

The one product out of the sample kit that I probably will buy a full size of is the turmeric face mask! (and that's a splurge for me cause I usually don't spend that much on a face mask)

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the comment lunarmm, I may wait on this one for a moment then.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
I love the tumeric face mask. Very nice product. I especially like the results when I use it immediately after a pumpkin peel. Check out my review of the mask. http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=297293#297293
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks to DianaP's link, I'm copying my comments from that thread to this one:

Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:40 pm

Ok, I have the turmeric mask on right now. It does tingle a bit which surprised me so I came on to EDS to read what others have to say. I agree about the art clayish smell - funny how smells bring back memories. I'll post more after I've used it more often (and finish this round).

Just so people know, I'm on Juara's mailing list and they sent me info that their travel pack of sample sizes is sold out on their site but is available on QVC at the intro price of $35 (regularly $45) so I splurged because I've been interested in this line since I first heard of it on EDS.

JUARA Glow-on-the-Go 5-Piece Travel Kit
REGULAR PRICE: $45
QVC.COM SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY PRICE: $34.98
QVC SKU #: A81677 www.QVC.com
http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.aol_refer.false.tpl.detail.msn_refer.false.item.A81677.ref.L04?

Featuring our 5 best selling products in a convenient and generous sized Kit.
Contains travel-sizes of our best selling:
- Rice Facial Cleanser
- Tamarind Tea Hydrating Toner - (alcohol-free liquid hydration that improves performance of your moisturizer!)
- Sweet Black Tea & Rice Facial Moisturizer
- Turmeric Antioxidant Facial Mask
- Candlenut Hand & Body Balm

I bought the travel pack before any reviews were posted on QVC. But that's another feature I like about QVC, real people's reviews! There are now 5 reviews for the travel kit posted as of today (every one a 5 out of 5 stars!!!)... QVC customer reviews of the Juara turmeric mask -- so far there are 6 and all are 5 out of 5 stars as well!

So far, I haven't used everything. Just now trying the mask. My comments so far: The candlenut cream is quite nice and absorbs quickly but is very moisturizing. It's a bit expensive but I could see splurging on this. The rice face cream felt good and you just need a little if you spritz your face first with water (or not). It actually felt like it tightened my skin - felt like some "active" action there!

I figure if I like any of the products enough, I can get the full size here at EDS - and also get a EDS member discount too! Thanks EDS!
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/juara-organic-skin-care.htm

Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:00 pm

OK, can I say wow! Although this turmeric mask has clay in it it is not drying. I had it on for more than 20 minutes (got caught up in a phone call) and my skin was still moist. It's about an hour later now and my pores are SO MUCH smaller (less noticeable, you know what I mean).

I will continue to use up the travel size but, so far, it looks like I may have to splurge on a full size of this!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Oh no after reading your post lunarmm, I now have to have that mask...I haven't even started on the samples I got or finished off the last batch of stuff I bought but oh well that's the beauty of EDS and this forum, right?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:52 am      Reply with quote
gigiab6 wrote:
Oh no after reading your post lunarmm, I now have to have that mask...I haven't even started on the samples I got or finished off the last batch of stuff I bought but oh well that's the beauty of EDS and this forum, right?

Laughing Bad Grin know what you mean Bad Grin Laughing

Well, if you think that's it, read the other reviews of it on EDS. See DianaP's reviews and the replies: www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=297293#297293

Two reviews at Dermstore:
http://www.dermstore.com/reviews/product_Turmeric+Antioxidant+Facial+Mask_10442.htm

Two reviews at Skinstore:
http://www.skinstore.com/search/Search.aspx?ReviewID=5717

BTW, this Juara review includes the turmeric face mask and some other Juara products:
http://optree.com/product-review-juara/

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:32 am      Reply with quote
im not interesting in the hydrating toner...
anyone tried yet? how was it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:35 am      Reply with quote
happylydia wrote:

I have the hydrating toner and like it very much. It contains lots of good ingredients, like tamarind and different types of tea. Its content of HA makes it a bit thicker than most toners. It feels hydrating, and I mix it with emu oil in order to promote oil absorption into the skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:53 am      Reply with quote
I have the hydrating toner and like it very much. It contains lots of good ingredients, like tamarind and different types of tea. Its content of HA makes it a bit thicker than most toners. It feels hydrating, and I mix it with emu oil in order to promote oil absorption into the skin.[/quote]

thanks for sharing septembergirl Wink
i mistyped in last review..should be im interesting the hydration toner..
anyway.. so u mix it with emu oil? is that from Dremu? and do u need to apply moisturizer after it?
thanks again!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:06 am      Reply with quote
happylydia wrote:

thanks for sharing septembergirl Wink
i mistyped in last review..should be im interesting the hydration toner..
anyway.. so u mix it with emu oil? is that from Dremu? and do u need to apply moisturizer after it?
thanks again!

I have used one bottle of Dremu. It's a good product, but waaay overpriced, in my opinion. Now, I use Ultra Emu Oil by LB Processors (bought from Skincarecentral.biz). It's just as high quality as Dremu, in my experience.

Emu oil mixed with a couple of drops of Juara toner (or HA serum) makes an excellent moisturizer. You won't need anything on top. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:13 am      Reply with quote
Thank you soooooo much Septembergirl!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:10 am      Reply with quote
happylydia wrote:

I assume you mean you ARE INTERESTED. I have tried it in the travel kit and like it. It is a bit thicker than many toners as it contains HA -- which is nice so you don't have to use a separate HA product.

There are some more comments on it in these other threads:

Juara Tamarind Tea Hydrating Toner www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29295

The best toner www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28626

Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |