Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

ATTENTION Clarisonic users
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Poll :: Has the Clarisonic met your expectations?

Yes
90%
 90%  [ 18 ]
No
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 20

CMAYC
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:37 am      Reply with quote
I know there's a lot of you out there! I'm so on the fence about ordering this. I do have mild rosacea on my cheeks and am quite concerned about aggravating my condition. My congested pores tend to be on my chin, forehead and nose so I could just avoid the cheek area (?)

It's a lot of money to invest so I'm curious to know, has the Clarisonic met your expectations? Any regrets?
emilyruth
5% products discount

Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:44 am      Reply with quote
I am a total yes. I love my Clarisonic. I went away on vacation for 2 weeks without my Clarisonic and I couldn't beleive how my face started to "de-evolve" after just one week. This was while exfolating regularly and using all my usual products. I won't be without it again, and if my original one broke beyond repair, I would replace it quickly.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Heck yes! One of the best investments for my skin I have made. Its like a turbo boost for all your other products, I feel like my actives work better and faster and my MU looks better for longer. When I need to I will repurchase for sure.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:05 am      Reply with quote
CMAYC wrote:
I know there's a lot of you out there! I'm so on the fence about ordering this. I do have mild rosacea on my cheeks and am quite concerned about aggravating my condition. My congested pores tend to be on my chin, forehead and nose so I could just avoid the cheek area (?)

It's a lot of money to invest so I'm curious to know, has the Clarisonic met your expectations? Any regrets?

I think if you used the delicate head and went really lightly over your cheeks, that it shoudlnt cause a flare up. The delicate brush is very, very soft. Why not buy it from a place that you can return it if it does not work out? Nordstrom maybe?

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
alisons79
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with purchasing it from somewhere that you can just go return it if you don't like it. Seems less risky that way sometimes! Smile

But before I bought mine, I thought "Well, if it's so great, why don't I just get a facial brush for a couple dollars and it would probably do the same thing" then I said "I have plenty of washclothes....I don't really need something else just to wash my face!"

I have since bought a Clarisonic and used it for about a month. I LOVE it!!! It doesn't even compare to a facial brush or washcloth.

I would also like to note that a majority of the reviews that I read before I bought this were very positive. There were a few people that didn't like it. Maybe they didn't use it long enough, didn't use it correctly, or had a good reason for not liking it. But to each there own....as long as a majority seemed to like it, it was worth the risk for me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
I ended up winning the $50 draw from EDS, so with using that and my forum discount, it's the only way I can justify this purchase. It would be nice knowing that I could return it if I wanted to, but because of these savings, I'm willing to take my chances.

Having said that, I'm having a hard time hitting the "confirm order" button. Doubt
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
I was on the fence as well and finally hit the confirm button today. I hope I like it as well as everyone else...hoping it's not like a movie everyone tells me to see and when I do I am disappointed.
Lou
Sadrina
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
I love my clairsonic. I can't imagine ever being without it - it has me totally spoiled.

My skin feels SO much cleaner and fresher.

I would recommend getting one without hesitation!
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
CMAYC wrote:

I think if you used the delicate head and went really lightly over your cheeks, that it shoudlnt cause a flare up. The delicate brush is very, very soft. Why not buy it from a place that you can return it if it does not work out? Nordstrom maybe?

I'm with Vonstella here. I got my Clarisonic about a month ago, and I've tried to be really diligent about using it morning and night, so that this one-month period would be a good evaluation trial. (I got it exactly a month before my birthday, so I knew the benchmark would stick in my head.) I haven't stuck to my commitment 100%, but I've come close enough that I think I have a good feel for it.

I too have super-sensitive skin, yet I felt like the Clarisonic actually wasn't "tough" enough for me. I don't quite have rosacea, but I feel like I'm pretty close -- my cheeks are much redder and more prone to sensitivity and dryness than the rest of my face, and I'm also prone to broken capillaries.

I've had one or two moments with the Clarisonic when my cheeks felt a bit aggravated, but I honestly attribute it more to the other products I was using than the brush itself. And I have to say, I did NOT like the cleanser that came with the thing -- it made my skin feel much drier. But since I switched to using my usual Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser (or whatever the heck it's being marketed as these days), my skin went right back to normal.

I also use both Retin-A and a salicylic acid serum, plus I recently added back in a vitamin C serum. So I feel pretty confident that it's the topical products, and not the Clarisonic, that made my skin freak out the few times it did.

And for what it's worth, the way the brush is programmed out of the box, it only does half as much time on each cheek as it does on your forehead. So it's already gentler on them by design. I actually override the brush's settings and do each cheek for a minute, plus a full minute on my nose and a full minute on my chin (instead of the programmed minute shared between nose and chin). I figure if I'm going to go to the trouble of doing it at all, I might as well go a bit longer and hopefully clear out those blocked pores a bit better. Smile

Hope this helps -- good luck and DEFINITELY buy your brush at Nordstrom so you can return it. That hadn't occurred to me before reading EDS reviews of the Clarisonic, and I love the peace of mind that comes with knowing you'll get your money back if you want.

Hope this helps, and good luck -- keep us posted if you do get one!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
CMAYC
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I ordered it! I decided to go through EDS since I'm saving nearly $65 with my voucher and discount. I really don't see myself returning it. My husband's paying my MasterCard bills right now while I'm on mat leave so I was a tad bit nervous to tell him what I just bought (again!) Embarassed You should have heard me praising this thing to him! (But, honey, you can use it to get the closest shave you've ever had!) Laughing Laughing
ReX
5% products discount

Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't been able to use it long enough for skin changing results but the first thing you notice and I think everyone has reported is that your skin (even after the first use) is soooo much cleaner and smoother. Oh and this is without any real dryness or flakies either (actually gets rid of flakies).

But yeah, its quite a bit of money to spend on what is basically a luxury item. Probably best to buy from somewhere you can return it if you don't like it?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:51 am      Reply with quote
I bought it a month ago,took me a year to finally pull the trigger I love it, mycheeks are a little red sometimes like rosaeca but I have not had a problem at all....just dont send a lot of time on that area. I really like how it makes my face so clean and smooth and products go on easier.
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:41 am      Reply with quote
thank you for this post! i've been humming and hewing over the clarisonic, esp since i live in asia and the voltage is different. seems like it's ok even if we have sensitive, easily flushed skin.

just today i received an email from clarisonic saying that their international charger should be available in April.

i'm crossing my fingers that EDS will carry it so I can order! PLEASE EDS, please do consider carrying the universal charger base when it becomes available! i can't possibly wait till they find a distributor in Asia.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:19 am      Reply with quote
I've had my Clarisonic for a couple of years. I went to using it once a day and thought that was fine. Recently I went back to twice a day and it is amazing the difference that it makes to use it both morning and night. I would definitely repurchase.
CMAYC
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for all your opinions and experiences. It's clear to me that the vast majority of you LOVE your clarisonic. It's funny....I've lived without this thing all these years, yet I feel like I can't wait another day! Serves me right for ordering it on Easter weekend! Rolling Eyes

I've noticed on the Sephora site, the product description states that people who suffer with rosacea and sebborheic dermatitis can use the Clarisonic. I think, to be on the safe side, I'm going to order the delicate brush. Hopefully EDS will carry it soon.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:22 am      Reply with quote
My Clarisonic is my favorite skin care tool. My pores are tighter, face has a nice glow. I also use it on my declotee. My DH has his own head for the Clarisonic. His skin looks great since using it. IMO it is one of the best skin care investments I ever made.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |