Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

BLACK HEADS
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
socalgirl
5% products discount

Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
I'm afraid I don't have an answer for you about what does work, but I can tell you over the years I've tried every Neutrogena product for blackheads and none of those work!! I even went recently and had my first professional facial to see if that would do it (it was a Murad C facial, though not at the actual Murad spa) and still, blackheads on the sides of my nose. I'm going to try the epson salt recipe next!
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
Socalgirl

I had never had a Neutrogena product work well before either. I had used the mask I mentioned for about a week or so, maybe less, and it didn't seem to help a lot on its own, but it does have as ingredients some of those 'acids' for penetrating pores that we are supposed to use so I figured I would try to use this mask after the Silver Powder to refine the job of the Silver Powder. I know the Silver Powder is working and hope the Neutrogena mask is penetrating the cleaned-out pores and doing what it is supposed to do now.

Mabsy

Are you talking about the Silver Powder? If so, I'm sorry it didn't do much for you. I had read some of your reviews on DrH and Jurlique and how they help with your blackheads among other things. I don't know if you had those deeply imbedded blackheads enough for you to notice a big difference. Or possibly it is just a product that doesn't work well for you. That 'blackhead free zone' sounds lovely. I had also read reviews on MUA on the Silver Powder and as is typical some people think it is crap and some love it. I hate it when I try a product that worked miracles for someone and then does jack squat for me. That is the reason that I hesitated getting the Silver Powder to begin with, afraid that it would be another product where one group of people stood on one side of a fence where the product worked miracles and I would be on the other side where whatever we had tried did absolutely nothing for me leaving me cursing rather loudly and maybe throwing a rock or two. Wacky different skin we all have. To my shock, this was a product where I was on the successful side of the fence and I love it. There had been no product be it stips, cleanser, moisturizers, clay or charcoal masks, drinking lots of water-which I do anyway-or anything else that really helped the blackheads on my nose. Those stubborn, impossible and there to stay if they could blackheads. I couldn't even extract them all or have them extracted. Nothing worked well in coming close to getting them all, and then the darned things that went away came back into the large pores on my nose soon anyway. But from the first usage of the Silver Powder, I noticed an immediate difference. I haven't been using it long so I don't know what my opinion will be later, but for now I'm going for it. I feel like giving the bottle a big sloppy kiss. I love it, but I suspect there are going to be those who try it and then have to go to the cursing side of the fence.
Mabsy

Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:39 am      Reply with quote
marella wrote:

I feel like giving the bottle a big sloppy kiss. I love it, but I suspect there are going to be those who try it and then have to go to the cursing side of the fence.

Laughing I'm just getting a mental picture of you snogging the MB jar...

Like I said, I don't really have any major blackheads at the moment so that could be why I don't see much of a difference. I do have *heaps* of this left so I shall try if a big deep blackhead dares appear up on my face somewhere. I have also read the MUA reviews which is why I decided to get this in the first place. But you are right, what works for some may not work for others. I just avoid products that CONSISTENTLY get bad reviews but am willing to give products a go even if they have mixed (love/hate) reviews. Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel falls in that category and I love it! Smile

Btw, I'm really glad that you've found something that's really effective for you. We all know how hard that is....
beauty

Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Razz The best product for Blackhead, and all types of skin problems is Dermalogica. Find a Salon near you to speak to a therapist, ask them to map your face. This is free, and they will tell you what porducts to use. If they don't back you can normally take them back.

Use this link select your country and enter your post code /zip code and it will tell your nearest salon:

http://www.dermalogica.com/default2.asp?region=?&location=?

They will 'map' your face, and prescibe you with the correct products. You cannot but this brand from just anywhere, but it is well worth the money.

I used to suffer with really bad acne, and now my skin is as clear glass. I use Dermalogica, and would not change it for the world!

BEWARE: Check your products ingredients for Lanolin. This ingrediant is put into skin products, and it will actually cause skin problem as well as clear up your skin. It may take away an existing spot, but will give another 8. Dermalogica does not use this ingredient in any off their products.
beauty

Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:17 am      Reply with quote
If you want to ask me a question about it, please email me, I am not an expert but it sometimes helps to speak to a 'real person'

nuttybird012@msn.com

Confused
laylastam
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:46 am      Reply with quote
i must say...the way i got rid of blackheads (after a year of squeezing them and leaving many red and black scars all over my cheeks and forehead) - i started using Dermalogica acne kit to get rid of the pimples. After that, i used Dermalogica products in my usual skincare routine.
frozenstrawberrypie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:18 am      Reply with quote
I exfoliate gently everyday and it helps - I used to use a gentle sponge and now I use a Clarisonic
saisai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
I used many products and none of them work well. So I choose to ignore them:(
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
I have always had bad blackheads on my nose and just recently I have started to use the Proactiv system on them. Its not a product I thought I would EVER try but after my niece got really good results I decided to give a go.
hths
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |