Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Wedding skincare vows :)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:04 am      Reply with quote
My guy and I just got engaged last month, and since then everything has been a whirl! We've kicked into planning mode, largely because we're both really enjoying the planning process thus far. But of course, one part of the plan is to lose some weight before the big day, so we both look and feel our best.

Along with the weight-loss goal comes a set of skincare goals for me. And much like losing weight, for me these goals are things I've been meaning to do in or out of wedlock, just to keep my skin feeling and looking its happiest and healthiest. (Some of you
probably remember my post about how incredibly lazy I can be when it comes to skincare!)

Well now I have a really good excuse to make it official and start taking better care of my skin, hair, nails, and body. So I'm writing myself a set of skincare/beauty vows to follow while leading up to the big day and beyond.

1) I vow to use my Clarisonic at least once per day, with no more than one lapse per week. (I mean, I paid enough for the thing, and I love the results... when I actually take the time to use it!)

2) I vow to at least remove my makeup before going to bed, no matter how tired I am. (A very bad beauty habit of mine -- I always tell people that I'm full of great skincare advice that I have lots of trouble following!)

3) I vow not to skip lotion/body oil after more than one shower per week. (Taking care of dry skin needs consistency! And my keratosis pilaris/folliculitis crops up easily if I skip moisturizing, but it's yet another thing about which I'm irrationally lazy.)

4) I vow to file my nails BEFORE they break and tear from getting too long. (I've been carrying a top-notch nail file in my purse since January 1st, but I have yet to use it once this year! And I notice my ragged nails much more now, every time I show off my ring... it feels wrong to have crappy cuticles and crooked nails next to such a beautiful heirloom. I should give the rock the respect it deserves and take care of my manicure! Its original owner, my fiancé's grandmother, was always impeccably dressed with nice nails, and I always admired how handsome she looked.)

5) I vow to be consistent in the application of my topicals, and to allow for proper wait times. (No more starting things like Retin-A but skipping it six nights a week -- no good will come of it, and I hate getting perpetually stuck in the dry flaky phase! And no more slapping on the Retin-A right after washing despite what the directions say, and then whining to myself that it makes my skin flaky.)

Hopefully the fact that I made these vows public will mean that I actually follow them, to some degree. I just figured I'd post them here to have some sense of accountability -- and hey, maybe other people will get inspired and adopt some vows too. Smile Sort of a late New Year's resolution or what have you!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
Rockalilly
5% products discount

Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Congrats and Good Luck! I got married last July and my advice would be to keep it simple! Those last 2 weeks you'll be short on time and stressed and that's probably the most important time to keep your routine up. Experiment now if you're going to while you have time to figure out what works for you. And make time for yourself to just relax a couple minutes a day.

Speaking of beauty vows.... I'm in desperate need of some myself. I had a great routine when I was prepping for my wedding but since then I've started experimenting with new products and my skin hasn't been as happy since. So I vow to stop thinking the grass is greener on the other side and stick with what I know my skin likes!

I wish you all the best! Remember that no one will notice any flaws you think you might have.... they'll remember your smile and radiance which comes from within!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
I'm also getting married soon (May 27th). I've kicked it in hard drive.
I started the Obagi NuDerm a few weeks ago. I also have started using my LightStim religiously.
I just purchased a tube of Liliash tonight to use my my lashes.
I started using Daby a miracle Nail hardener so my nails wouldnt look like garbage.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Aw, thanks for the advice and congrats to you both! I think the main thing I'm going to take on (aside from all the above-listed vows) is a product to help fade some of my old acne marks. But other than that I'm just going to try and stick wit my relatively simple normal routine, like a big girl. Smile Good luck to you both and I hope you get back on the wagon!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
Heya!

Just wanted to say congrats on the engagement - saw your status update on FB! Smile
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Congratulations, ginnielizz! Relax a bit on the skincare part of the wedding vows--you'll have enough to worry about with all the planning without fretting about breaking your skincare promises to yourself. Remember to take the time to love and cherish your intended, and that the wedding is just a symbol of your love and not an end in itself.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Aww, more good advice. I'm definitely prone to taking planning a bit crazy, but not in a bridezilla way -- I just really enjoy planning events as it is. So far we're having a lot of fun filling up on delicious but not healthy food at all these catering open houses -- yum! And next comes cake testing, also yum. Smile But we're not thinking we'll be married until the summer of 2010, so we have lots of time to take it easy and not worry too much about the process. Hopefully my skin will weather everything I put it through!

fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:45 am      Reply with quote
congrats ginnielizz! and good luck with sticking to those vows! Very Happy
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Virginia, I'm so happy for you and wish you all the best in your new state!
I'm still going to Maria and more than happy with her work. I'm now living in Shoreline. Pm me if you have time, though I hear that your job keeps you very busy?
EL
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Skin Treatments for Brides-To-Be
The Skin Guru
By Leslie Baumann, M.D. - Posted on Thu, May 01, 2008, 6:13 pm PDT
The Skin Guru
by Leslie Baumann, M.D. a Yahoo! Health Expert for Skin Conditions
Visit Skin Conditions Home »
More By This Expert

* Look Years Younger Instantly
* Get Rid of Skin Redness for Good
* Anti-Wrinkle Creams May Increase the Risk of Death

All Blog Posts
Did you find this helpful?
Rate this blog entry:
Sign in to rate!
Sign in to rate!
thumbs up thumbs down
88% of users found this article helpful.
Wedding season will be upon us before you know it! So whether you're a blushing bride-to-be or will be hitting the dance floor as a wedding guest, a clear, glowing complexion is always your best accessory. Consider some of my favorite pre-wedding skin care tips:

Six weeks before the wedding:

* If you have broken blood vessels or dark spots on your face, see your dermatologist for a light treatment called IPL. Optimal results may require several sessions, and sessions need to be spaced at least three weeks apart - so start as soon as possible. Only have time for one treatment? No worries. Even that will make skin more radiant and decrease the size of visible blood vessels. IPL treatments do cost around $500, but it's absolutely worth it!
* Any wrinkles can be smoothed with Botox or dermal fillers like Restylane, Perlane, and Juvederm. Get these treatments at least three weeks before the big day in case you bruise or need a touch up here and there.
* Develop a routine that's tailored to your specific needs. If possible, get started four to eight weeks before the big day. The sooner you start treating your skin right, the better it will look for this summer's weddings.

Two weeks before the wedding:

* Try this trick, a favorite among dermatologists: Apply a thick coat of your usual retinoid (like Retin-A, for example) to your skin seven to 10 days prior to a big event. Your skin will be red and start to peel about four to five days later, but by day six or seven, you will have a noticeable glow. Essentially, it's like a mild at-home peel. Try this trick a few weeks prior to the wedding to see how you react, though the week of a big event should not be the first time you try this.
* If you've had a chemical peel in the past - and reacted well - that can also be a great way to reveal fresh, glowing skin. Peels do cause redness, though, so schedule your appointment at least a week before the big day.

The week before the wedding:

* At this point, you should absolutely not be trying anything new! You never know when you'll discover a new skin care allergy or break out from an untested product - and that's a stressor no one needs before a big event.
* Avoid facials. Close to their big day, many brides want to hit the spa for a little rest and relation. But studies have shown that as many as 80 percent of people break out after a facial - hardly very relaxing! Opt for a pampering massage instead.
* Does your pre-ceremony primping include a bikini wax? Ask your dermatologist for a topical antibiotic to prevent bacteria from invading those newly open follicles, which can lead to redness and pus-filled bumps. If you don't have a dermatologist, look for the over-the-counter product Tend Skin.

The night before the wedding:

* I'll say it again: Do not use any products that you have not used before. Do any experimenting at least two or three weeks before the wedding, so you can just use the tricks and products you liked on the big day.
* After removing your make-up, use a mild facial scrub such as Clinique 7-Day Scrub. Spray a coat of facial water like La Roche Posay Thermal Spring Water on your face, then lock in that moisture with a hydrating night cream that works for you.
* Apply Clinique's All About Eyes on your lids and underneath the eyes. It's rich with anti-inflammatory ingredients and moisturizers to cure a wide range of eye woes, from fine lines to puffiness.
* Get at least eight hours sleep (if you can!). A lavender-scented bath can help you relax and induce sleep.
* Apply petroleum jelly to lips and feet to get them extra smooth and well moisturized. Cover your feet with socks to lock in moisture while you sleep, and your toesies will look fantastic in those strappy sandals!

The day of the wedding:

* On the big day itself, use the regular skin care routine that works for you.
* Don't forget to put together a kit so you'll look great all night long! Ask your makeup artist for a little extra powder to apply to your T-zone as the day wears on - Dior and Chanel both make face powders with a dash of shimmer, if you want to add extra glamour to your look. Oil blotting tissues like Boscia Blotting Linens are super convenient and easy to tuck into the tiniest of purses. And for a real wedding-day treat, I love Bobbi Brown's Bridal Kit.

Wishing you great skin, and a joyous wedding season!

http://health.yahoo.com/experts/skintype/12135/skin-treatments-for-brides-to-be/
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
Wow - good stuff.... Very Happy

When is the big day GinnieLiz - Did I miss it? I know YOU WILL SHINE GIRL!
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Oooh! Sorry I never got back! We hadn't set it when I first posted, but now we have -- it's July 17th, 2010. Planning is chugging along, and I've been only somewhat successful in my skincare goals but I'm trying to be diligent about the Retin-A right now to help clear things up and fade acne scars.

But let's be honest, the non-skincare stuff is a much bigger deal! We sent out the save the dates, I ordered my dress, we just picked our photographer the other day, we tasted a bunch of cakes and found one we adore, and we're meeting with our first florist tomorrow. We took one dancing lesson and hated it, and then I promptly sprained my ankle anyway, so screw that part. Bad Grin

I still have to actually get my butt into a gym one of these days, but for now we're enjoying being engaged without TOO much pressure. Smile After Christmas I'll probably start kinda freaking out about it -- but for now, we're way more excited about our upcoming trip to Japan in November/December than anything wedding-related, hehe. Fun fun!

saisai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
Congs!!!!!!!and thanks a lot for sharing your vows:)
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Ooh have fun in Japan!! I've always wanted to go there. It seems magical.

Here's a great video by a great band. I just love it! The part with the nursery kids is so cute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Oec8RuwVVs

Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |