Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Sun and skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:16 am      Reply with quote
I've just returned from snorkeling in the Keys. Yes I used massive sunscrees but my skin did get sun. I think we've been overreacting about the bad things about sunshine and have forgotten about the good. My skin is glowing and healthier looking. I had a bad infected sore on one wrist that hadn't healed in 6 weeks and the skin there now is perfect.

Also before I left I was told by an MD treating a hip problem that I was very vitamin D deficient. She said that this is a common problem especially for older women who are avoiding dairy (I do drink milk) and wearing sunscreen.

I am taking a Vit. D supplement now but you need to have fat at the same time for optimal absorption.

Anyway sorry for the meandering but sun is not all bad.
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Totally agree as being one with arthritis sun is great for the bones and feel good factor wish we had more of it in Ireland
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Yeh, I have heard about people getting the 'English disease' for not getting enough sun due to sunscreen.
I think we tend to forget the good about the sun, as long as it is done in moderation.
irka
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
All things are good in moderation Bad Grin
alisons79
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:33 am      Reply with quote
I heard (or maybe read) somewhere that about 15 minutes of sun exposure to your skin per week is good for you.

So I wear sunscreen on my face ALL THE TIME and then don't usually on my arms or anywhere else. I don't spend lots of time outside but I figure that all of that incidental exposure that is "unprotected" probably adds up to 15 minutes or so per week.

.....but I'll never sacrifice the skin on my face! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.naturalnews.com/020513.html

A wonderful article which will shed 'light' on everything you need to know about sunlight and vitamin D, and the health benefits associated with moderate sun exposure.

See the article on the left side of page. I found it when I was researching osteoporosis.

K

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
You can also get Vitamin D from Cod Liver Oil. My ND recommends that I take that during the colder months.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:11 am      Reply with quote
I tend to think that the sore on your wrist was helped more by the salt water and being in it so much.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:58 am      Reply with quote
If I spent that same amount of sun in the Keys with sunscreen, I would have come home with my face (and arms)covered with hyperpigmentation that would take years to get rid of...(if I ever could.) Not all of us can tolerate that much sun without paying a price for it, even with sunscreen. I do Cod Liver Oil and occasionally sit on my deck for 15 mins with the sun on my back. I don't doubt you came home with a beautiful glow, but remember, any "color" you got, is simply the evidence of sun damage. Sorry to be such a curmugeon! Rolling Eyes

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |