Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Anyone try Vit E OIL on the eye area?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sweet28
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
For the past few days the skin on my upper eyelids have been super dry, crepy and puffy. Long story of how it got this way but partly from water retention and possibly some other irritant that got on the skin. It's gotten to the point where it's painfully dry and I used different eye creams to try and add some moisture back to soothe the eye area. Nothing has worked. I finally went to the drug store and bought pure Vitamin E oil and dabbed some on my eyelids. I usually hesitate to put things on the upper eye lid area because I fear it will get into the eyes. This time I was feeling desperate. It's only been a few hours since I put the Vit. E oil on but I already see the redness diminish and it's not as painful. If it works well I'm wondering if I can use Vitamin E oil for long term in place of eye creams. Does anyone else use Vitamin E oil, or any other oil, on their eye area to keep it moisturized and prevent wrinkles? Any negative side effects??
irka
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
It was way too rich for my eyelids for me to be comfortable with it for long,but I did feel that it kept wrinkles at bay.
alisons79
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
I use it on my eyes....mostly at night because I find it to be kind of sticky feeling and I don't think I could put up with it during the daytime. I also use it as a lipgloss and that works really well also.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:03 am      Reply with quote
alisons79 wrote:
I use it on my eyes....mostly at night because I find it to be kind of sticky feeling and I don't think I could put up with it during the daytime. I also use it as a lipgloss and that works really well also.

As a lipgloss? I use castor oil as a lipgloss, but I found vitamin E to be a bit thin...
alisons79
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:19 am      Reply with quote
Mine it pretty thick. It lasts a while. If I put it on at night before I go to bed, I can usually still feel it a bit when I wake up in the morning.

5% products discount

Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:02 am      Reply with quote
Vitamin E is excellent for your skin but I am not sure that I would recommend applying it directly on the eye area. The skin around the eyes is extremely sensitive. I would try finding a good eye cream or serum that contains a large amount of vitamin E and start using it. But for now, if you feel it is working, you can continue and see how your skin reacts to it longterm.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Vitamin E oil around my eye area and on my eyelids for the past 15 years so I can definitely say, without a doubt, that you can use it long term without any negative effects. I have been doing this nightly because I am extremely sensitive to eye creams especially when I use them at night. I usually wake up with puffy, red, extremely irritated eyes. Yet at the same time I feel the need to moisturize my eye area at night. Vitamine E is the only thing I can use. So don't worry about anything going wrong. Vitamin E has left my eye area feeling well moisturized and has also soothed irritations and calmed sensitivities. That's why I have used for such a long time.
Lynny

Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:24 am      Reply with quote
This stuff made my eyes all puffy, red and swollen. It was horrible. My eyelids got 5 times as thick as normal, like they got stung by a bee. Just because this stuff might be fine for some, doesn’t mean it will be fine for everybody. At first, I didn’t realize it was in fact the vitamin E oil that had done this to me, until I used it again on my eyes a few weeks later and the same thing happened! I had to cancel all my plans and stay home because I looked ridiculous with two huge thick red eyelids. Looked like I had a severe case of pink eye. Took a full 24 hours for the swelling to go down fully. This stuff was a nightmare for my eyes. NEVER AGAIN.
DanielaFox

Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:42 am      Reply with quote
I use Argan oil, as it is very rich in Vitamin E, on my eye area to keep it moisturized. No side effects so far and effects are visible. I saw results after maybe one week (I used it daily in the evening). I like it, cuz it can be used also for face and hair. Whatever you use, just please make sure it's 100% natural. I have one from Virginic.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
For my eyes and lips I usually use pure vitamin E oil or a 50/50 mix with tetra c. I truthfully can't remember how long I've been doing it, but no negative effects so far!

It just adds some extra moisturization and additional antioxidant power to the other topicals you use. Plus you don't have to worry about preservatives or anything else that comes along with water-based DIY stuff.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:51 am      Reply with quote
Can you check what's the form of Vit E in your oil? Because Tochopherol Acetate is already a well used ingredient in sin care including in eye creams.

So, I would think it is "safe" to use around the eyes.
DrReddy

Sun May 05, 2019 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Vitamin E helps fight the effect of free radicals that cause signs of aging like wrinkles. Before bed at night, apply a drop of oil to your dark under eye circles, gently massaging it into the skin.
wenning
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 06, 2019 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
I also applied vitamin E to the skin around my eyes, but be careful not to let vitamin E enter my eyes. Vitamin E is great, moisturizing and restoring.
sassyinpink
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
i used crocodile oil on my face, and eye bag area before lol
Karentaylor
5% products discount

Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:16 am      Reply with quote
Where do you get crocodile oil? I've never heard about that.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:23 am      Reply with quote
I have to say, I got with my No Lipo Lipo kit (Carole Maggio) one of her Vitamin E for the body, and a short whlie ago I did apply it to my face (I have very dry skin) and I loved it. It sank right in and wasn't stick or thick as some of the other Vit E oils that I have used, so there are different types out there too.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |