Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Quick Jurlique question
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jenw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
I was wondering which Jurlique moisturizer would be more suitable for combination skin,the clarifying lotion or the balancing lotion? I like something that absorbs right away. I was also wondering how the scent of these compare with that of the herbal recovery gel. I loved the way this made my skin feel but I couldn't handle the smell! It was pretty bad...maybe it was a bad sample....dunno!
lotusspecter
5% products discount

Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:55 am      Reply with quote
I also have combo skin and I find the Balancing Cream to be too rich for my t-zone. I find it to be very moisturizing using just the tiniest amount. It leaves the skin feeling super smooth though, without feeling oily on drier areas.

I only like an extremely light moisturizer on my t-zone so I'm picky.

I do NOT like the smell of this cream either but it's tolerable. It sort of reminds me of diaper rash cream.

I much prefer to use the Herbal Recovery Gel. I never had any issues with the scent. I find it enjoyable and it dissipates after a while.

I do plan on trying the Clarifying Lotion since I read good reviews on MUA. It seems better suited for oily/combination skin and apparently, it has a pleasant scent.

You should try to get your hands on some samples because the 1.4 oz tube of the Balancing Cream will last forever, which of course, could be a waste if you don't like it.
jenw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much, maybe I will give the Clarifying Lotion a try instead.I too prefer a much lighter moisturizer,espcially in my t-zone as long as it is moisturizing enough. Now I just have to decide which product to try first,this Jurlique one or the Dr.H Light Rose Cream! Anyone try both and would be able to conpare them? I have combination skin but no major oilyness yet...we'll see that the summer brings!
jessica17
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:26 am      Reply with quote
clarifying lotion is for oily skin and the balancing lotion is for combination skin.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |