Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Antarctilyne by Skindoctors
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mau
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
My expectations were quite low when I started this product. I never believed such claims as "cosmetic collagen alternative" or "visibly plumps wrinkles and gives the appearance of an increase in collagen and skin hydration" but, anyway, I finished a jar recently and loved this product so much that I wanted to write my first review here Smile

My skin suffered from some dehydration and thinning recently and this cream helped a lot in restoring skin thickness and moisture. I loved how my skin looked. It was more bright and even and the texture was more soft. But what I liked the most was that my skin got that youthful glow again and it is more then welcome in my age.
The cream contains a "special ingredient" Antarcticine, a glycoprotein formed by micro-organisms that have survived the extreme conditions of the darkest, coldest depths of Antarctic glaciers (I copied this passage from the box).
Though I can not be sure that this ingredient is the only reason in my skin's improvement. Smile
There are some cons also.
First of all, it is a jar package and the second one is that cream had a tendency to roll up on my skin sometimes so I wondered how it could work? Anyway, surprisingly it worked for me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:01 am      Reply with quote
Thx for the review, Mau!!!

would you mind giving us more details on the ingredients of the product? how much is it and where can one get it (online?)?

many thx!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:38 am      Reply with quote
I loved this ingredient. I used a product by True Radiance that used it and it was wonderful. The company discontinued it however due to the expense of it. It was my favorite TR product after the eye cream.

Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Isn't the whole Ice Elements line built around Antarcticine?
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:12 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:

That's my understanding Havana. I purchased a trial kit from Ice elements and while it didn't cause any harm, I didn't see any effect either. Of course, I wouldn't expect to see any impact until at least a month of daily use.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:42 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:

It is Havana but Aleta doesn't skimp on the active ingredients and I found that IE didn't measure up.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
daydreamingda wrote:
Thx for the review, Mau!!!

would you mind giving us more details on the ingredients of the product? how much is it and where can one get it (online?)?

many thx!

Sorry for the late reply.

Ingredients:
Water (aqua), antarticine (pseudoalteromonas ferment extract), glycerine, polyquaternium-51, sodium hyaluronate, sodium PCA, trehalose, urea, cyclomethicone, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, aluminium starch octenylsuccinate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, ceteareth-20, phenyl trimethicone, glyceryl stearate, peg-100 stearate, benzophenone-3, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben, methylparaben, phenoxyethanol, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum), butylphenyl, methylpropional, hexyl cinnamal, citronellol, linalool, xanthan gum, sodium hydroxide, carbomer.

I bought it in Sasa.com but now they don't sell it as I know.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:23 am      Reply with quote
more info on the antarcticine from the manufacturer

http://www.centerchem.com/Capability.asp?CapabilityID=1980&Cat1ID=20&Cat2ID=10

INCI Name: Water (Aqua), Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

might be something to avoid if you're avoiding parabens
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |