Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

*** PHYTOMER GENTLE CLEANSING MILK
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:53 am      Reply with quote
Ok so i was sooo looking for to trying this range well i finally got it and have tried it about 3 days so far. this review is for the cleanser.

the only thing i like about the cleanser so far is the smell so delicatly scented nothing strong smells gorgeous and makes you look forward to the cleansing.

but the cleansing part im not liking so far. Firstly the bottle is just all wrong its not a pump type bottle, its one of those which you turn upside down which sucks.

the actual cleansing....well i just a little amount emulsify with fingers tips, use on circular motion on face then rinse.

but my face feeels oiley afterwards......maybe it just how milk cleanser is but really i so dont like this greasy oil feel, and it certainly doesnt feel clean to me not to mention iv got a pimple and popped out too i have not had any single breakout for the past 4 weeks!

so yea i certainly dont feel clean with this cleanser. sure the face looks like its nicely moisturized afterwards but it feels greasy if you know what i mean. And iv been using the moisturizer from this range to morning and night but im feeling my face feels a lil dry (tight feeling).

For the past 4-6 weeks i been using the Nivea Oxygen face wash wow but really even though this one is a cheap drugstore face wash i bought to use until i found something else to try it was a great find and certainly cleaned....i will post a review on this soon.

anyway maybe i need to just get used to this pyhtomer cleansing milk.......i certainly had my hopes up with the products from this range but so far its not looking as good. I try it for a couple of weeks and see how it goes and update then as well....but so far for me this cleanser is crap other than its gorgeous smell!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Simran, do you think the cleanser removes all your makeup? I wanted to try some Phytomer products, but don't know now.
havana8

Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
simran, do you normally use a milk style cleanser or is this a new adventure for you? Smile
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:14 am      Reply with quote
not really i dont normally use milk style cleanser this would be the third time i have tried so......normally i go for foaming cleansers.........but the last few i tried were hardly foaming. decleor.......but thats hardly any foaming action, yonka gel, then id be using hte new Nivea Oxygen face which was kinda gel like....

im not really a fan of milk cleansers in that i think i end of using more just to feel clean. but the last few i have tried i dont think left me feeling as if im unclean....... i guess one needs to get used to milk cleansers aye?

annie313: i dont wear makeup so i dont know whether this is effective in removing makeup.......i do wear bioderma chemical SS i think it does remove that but who knows if it removes well....to me if your face has any form of greasey feel to it even if to moisturize/hydrate it doesnt feel clean.

good news is that the particular pimple is going down Smile so maybe my skin needs to get used to this Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:09 am      Reply with quote
This is an excellent cleanser however if you oily then this will not help because it contains moisturisers.

This product is gentle on the skin and removes makeup quickly and effectively

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
i think im getting the hang of using this milk cleanser now.......and dont mind soo much i think it will do me good for the colder months Very Happy and will not be drying to my skin....

just one thing do with this milk cleanser do you wet the face with water and then apply the milk cleanser or do you apply the milk cleanser directly to the dry skin...m confused. can someone please clarify.

iv tried both ways and i think applying to dry skin i use less product then applying to wet skin as i feel in places i have missed the cleanser and may apply again Confused

so which is the correct way?

as i thought all this time gently wetting the face with warm water gets it ready for the cleansing action?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:06 am      Reply with quote
anybody??

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Simran,

The Phytomer Velvet Cleansing Cream is a foaming cleanser and is probably closer to something that you are more used to. Like you, I love the 'clean' feel of after you cleanse, but sometimes this squeaky clean feeling can rob your skin's natural oils and leave you feeling tight and dry. This is why Phytomer is so excellent as it doesn't do that.Smile

Give yourself some time to get used to this line, and let us know how you go with it. Smile

Summertimegirl
x
saz07
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
I prefer foaming cleansers.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |