Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

At what age did you first notice signs of skin aging?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:22 am      Reply with quote
I posted a topic yesterday sorta similar to this but I didn't use the right words, and now that thread is gone. Not sure what happened, but kinda glad since my question didn't come out right, and I noticed certain people took it the wrong way. So let me try again.

I myself first noticed some signs of aging when I was 32. Before that, I never took care of my skin, not even used sunscreen. After I first noticed sunspots on my cheeks, I freaked out. Where did they come from? I also noticed some lines around the mouth. I most certainly freaked out. Anyway, since then, it's been a long journey to fight off signs of aging. I'm glad to have discovered EDS since I really believe that I have found certain things that I use or do now that help to reverse the signs of aging, which I don't think I could have done without reading all the posts from other knowledgeable women of EDS. I want to thank you all for sharing your knowledge with the rest of us clueless women. I wish I had known to protect my skin in my 20s. But I'm one of those people who don't do the prevention, but rather I react to things after they already happened.

So for you, at what age did you first notice any signs of skin aging? (It can be the skin on your face, hands, neck, wherever.) Have you been able to reverse or correct them yet? (C'mon, I know you gotta have noticed something, or else y'all wouldn't be here!)

My boss said for her, it was 40, after which she felt like things just went downhill. I wish I could tell her about EDS. lol Also she has not asked for my help, so I don't want to volunteer info.
petu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:40 am      Reply with quote
I started getting fine line in my twenties Exclamation I generally look young, I am 31, but those dang fine lines need to go!
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:24 am      Reply with quote
40 definitely for me and once I started using sunscreen all the time and a good night cream my lines never deepened 12 years later though my eyes are not great being a bad sleeper does not help but if you are worried lines can not be demolished but the aging process can be arrested
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, CM, for putting this thread back. I think it's just a fun and harmless topic. Not sure why anyone would complain. Hahaha...there must be a full moon tonight. Laughing

Anyway, if anyone wants to add your two cents and share your thoughts on the subject, please do. If you want to share what works or not for you in fighting signs of aging, please do that, too.

As I'm approaching 40, I must say I am getting a tad nervous, and want to double up my efforts to fight aging.

Petu - my 8-yr-old son got some little lines under his eyes when he laughs or smiles hard. I wonder if it just depends on everyone's skin, too. My 13-yr-old son also complains that he got tiny lines under his eyes. I think I need to use sunscreen on them more. Their dad won't cooperate though. They are with dad 1/2 the week, and I can't force him to put SS on the kids' faces when they go out.
petu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
i agree, i think it depends on what kind of skin you have. I am fair with thin skin and do i ever regret not wearing sunscreen enough when i was younger. Hopefully your husband will cooperate with coating your kids in sunscreen, or he might get their wrath when they're older Very Happy
CMAYC
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
My first signs of aging started in my late twenties (maybe 28?) I noticed one smile line on the right side of my mouth. I obsessed over the stupid thing for years. Now, 33, I have 2 lines on each side of my mouth and can't believe I worried so much about one little line! Moral of the story: things could always be worse! Nevertheless, I'm saving up for Juvederm as we speak. No creams or potions I've tried have gotten rid of these lines - if anyone has discovered a magic treatment, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!! You'll be my best friend for life! Laughing
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,bkkgirl: Boy I also had posted on your post from yesterday and then all at once it dissapeared! I did not know what had happend to it. Anyway I started seeing major changes in my skin around 45. I was never a sun worshipper but I was very lazy about skin care and slept with makeup on yuck! It is amazing the stupid things we do in our youth and pay for it 20 yrs down the road!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
First wrinkles on my face were sometime in my mid-40's, not so for my hands, neck + chest, which definitely took the aging hit first.

I didn't get smart to sunscreen till my 30's, which was probably too little too late. But better late than never, and I'm glad I've been religious about it since.

The biggest aging hurdle for me in all regards has been menopause. Along with the loosening skin, increasing wrinkles + muscle turning to flab, I've also been socked a one two punch with arthritis + osteoporosis....

So in hindsight, if I could go back and redo the damage, I'd be vigilant + committed to sunblock + calcium plus Vit D every single day.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, another thread was deleted? Sorry, didn't mean to go off topic I ranted in the Forum Issues forum.

Back on topic, I started to notice signs of aging [fine lines] in my late thirties.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
I noticed the first signs of aging in my late 30's, early 40's - skin texture changed from supple to .... the only word I can think of is... leather-like and some hyperpigmentation. I wished I had worn sunscreen faithfully, especially growing up in a place full of sun, because the damage was already evident.

After committing to a simple skin care routine, my skin improved but did not undo everything. It seems that things level out for a while and then changed once again now that I've reached 49. Sad Fine lines are more prominent, more skin discoloration. It's like my skin became "confused"; it's both oily and dry, sensitive at times, and I haven't yet figured out what works best. I'm still a science project!
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
I should add to this - Finally, after a little over forty years on this planet I'm so grateful to be a member of the overly dewy skin club. Yes, I have enlarged pores [increased with aging] and fine lines here and there but when I look around at my less supple, dry skinned sisters I'm glad I have all this oil goin' on! Very Happy

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks all for sharing your thoughts. Very Happy

Petu - I couldn't tell my ex what to do when we were married, and I doubt he'd do what I ask of him now that we're not. lol He's one stubborn dude. Even my 13 y.o. son said that as long as he doesn't try to get his dad to do something, they get along great, and his dad won't tell him what to do either even though he sometimes wants him to, esp to set boundaries because he just wants to be a kid and let the parent make the decision for him.

CMAYC - I would love to be your best friend for life. hehe Anyway I will say to not give up on those lines around the mouth. Like I mentioned in my earlier post, I noticed them when I was about 32. That was the year everything kinda hit me, and I wasn't sure if they were all there before and I didn't pay attention or what. But since then I've been trying to find the magic cure..or something close. I can't point to one particular thing that helps with the NL lines, but it's been 7 years since I noticed them, and now the depth is very shallow. On a good day, I hardly see them, and on a bad day, they're not as prominent as they used to be. I think SS definitely helps, and all the various anti-aging creams/lotions/serums I tried maybe. If I really have to guess I am going to say a combination of skincare (pearl cream maybe and SS), daily exercises, taking protein supplement, and MSM. I've been taking GABA also. I bought this from bio-alternatives, but seriously I do not know if it does anything for me. Once I finish the jar, I will try without it. I actually bought it for my bf but he didn't want to try it, and I am stuck with it. I have inositol I bought for him which again he didn't want that I also have to finish after I finish GABA. The reason I bought the GABA though was because they claim it helps with skin and weight control, or something like that. Oh, one more thing - I notice that when I get enough sleep, my NL lines are VERY VERY shallow, almost not there, but whenever I stay up way late (till 3 am or so), I start to notice them more.

Starlight - I agree with you wholeheartedly. I often wish I had taken better care of my skin in my 20s. I noticed more sunspots on my left cheek since when I was driving, the Sun was shining on that cheek more. Currently I still have not taken too much care of my neck, and this morning, I decided to put some anti-aging cream on because I thought even though it looks ok now, if I don't take care of it, it would one day show signs of aging, and I'd regret it. One more area I think I should pay attention is my hands. I should really start taking care of them now to keep them looking good.

Kassy, I saw your pictures and I think you look beautiful.Very Happy Thanks for sharing those pictures by the way. I think you're so lucky that you didn't have to do too much for your skin, and your first wrinkles didn't appear until mid-40s. I think you got great genes. My co-worker said her mom got great genes, and her mom is in her 70s but looks like someone in her 40s. I have not seen her mom, but based on her looks, it is probably true because before she told me she's 46, I thought she was in her early 30s. A lot of people at work thought she's in her late 20s. Thanks for the reminder on taking calcium + D. I am taking them now, too, and hope it helps. I am sometimes forgetting to take them, but try to make sure I don't forget. I'm bad at not drinking enough water, too.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
Lola - I hear you about the sleeping issue and the eyes. My eyes look bad when I don't get a good sleep, too. I used to be better at going to sleep early but I am turning in to a night owl. Confused

Athena - I wish I'm more oily, too! My dry skin makes me look a bit leathery sometimes if I don't put enough oil on my face. Yeah, the pores are getting larger, and that doesn't help either. You're lucky to have oil skin.

blesstd - I know what you mean about the change in skin texture, too. I also feel that when my skin is dry, all the litte lines are more pronounced. I am also feeling a bit like a science project as well. lol
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
CMAYC, I took some pics to show you the lines around my mouth are very minimal now. I don't have pics from 7 years ago when the lines were kinda deep (thank God I don't have pics as they were pretty ugly...lol), and I seriously thought I needed some plastic surgery to correct them, or maybe braces. But anyway, just wanted to show you to not give up on those lines, as they can get better and not so noticeable.

Close-up pic:

Oh yeah, those two dark spots on my cheek are from the TCA cross I did two nights ago. I was pretty aggressive with them this time, so the spots showed up the next morning, so I hope the skin will be all clear after the scabs fall out.
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl: very nice pics and no lines around the mouth. Where do you purchase your pearl cream from. Thanks!
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:15 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl, you are gorgeous!! I remember from an earlier thread how you said you had improved your NL lines and I see you weren't kidding. Your face looks so young and fresh. I can't believe you are in your late 30's. I wish you had an easy answer of how you got great skin but I bet you're right - it's probably a combination of diet, exercise, and good skin care including sunscreen. I wish I could buy all that in a bottle. Smile

To answer the thread question, I noticed minor signs of aging in my late 20's (forehead lines and 11 lines) but it started getting really noticeable after I turned 30. I started getting a dull complexion and uneven texture to my skin which I'd never noticed before as well as more pronounced NL lines.

ETA: Now that I'm 32 I've got even more lines/creases - smile lines by my mouth, creases by my nose from sleeping on my side, and shadows/lines under my eyes from where the hollow ends and the cheek begins. These are all fairly shallow right now thank goodness but I'm aware that they are there.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:25 am      Reply with quote
Signs of aging are not so bad. I had frown lines at 14!

I think it wasnt untill I got to 45 that all the 'signs of aging' started to accelerate and gang up together to create a new picture of me which was quite definitely Not As Pretty Anymore.

I think a few lines and what have you are not the end of the world.

For me, it suddenly passed the boundary, when I got to 45. I knew, when I had my 40th birthday, that I was shocked and aghast at leaving my 30's behind. I knew that there is a lot of difference between how a 40 year old looks, and how a 50 year old looks, and I dreaded looking more like 50 than 40...

It was that that made me try Botox and peels and facial excercises and now dermarolling. So for me, I didnt mind the signs of aging so much, untill they accelerated, post 45.

I sit here with my freshly rolled forehead, typing this!
jenw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:01 am      Reply with quote
I will be 25 next month and when I was washing my face this morning I noticed a new freckle (sun spot) on my left cheek...kinda freaking out now! I'm not using sunscreen everyday but that has gotta change now! I also have this little dark smile line that doesn't go away...I really need to re-think my skin care!
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:44 am      Reply with quote
The aging thing -- please please please don't get all hung up on it. I gasped to read that a 13-year-old complains of fine lines. When I was 13 I didn't know what a fine line was.

I enjoy this forum, but sometimes the obsession with age really concerns me. Good lord, people -- be healthy and happy and take care of yourself, but exorcise the fear and loathing of the ageing process. If I could change anything about America, it'd be the worship of youth and celebrity. (Actually I'd want universal health care, but the "youth and celebrity" thing would be a close second.)

You will age. You will get lines and wrinkles. Gravity is relentless. The point of life is to live it, and this will show on your face and body. Be as beautiful as you can be, inside and out -- but do NOT be as young or flawfree as you can. I am 52, with a 27 year old male roommate and a 33 year old boyfriend. They love me because of my spirit and attitude. They love my eye crinkles and smile lines. They love my irreverance, courage, and wisdom. And so do I.

Ageing, quite frankly, is the best thing that's ever happened to me. So far. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:23 am      Reply with quote
JEEEZ Girl!!!! What lines? Your gorgeous! You look about 20ish..And those lips, I hate you...LOL

Whatever your doing, keep it up, your fabulous!

Now spill your guts, and tell us all your secrets.

K

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Sidda wrote:
The aging thing -- please please please don't get all hung up on it. I gasped to read that a 13-year-old complains of fine lines. When I was 13 I didn't know what a fine line was.

I enjoy this forum, but sometimes the obsession with age really concerns me. Good lord, people -- be healthy and happy and take care of yourself, but exorcise the fear and loathing of the ageing process. If I could change anything about America, it'd be the worship of youth and celebrity. (Actually I'd want universal health care, but the "youth and celebrity" thing would be a close second.)

You will age. You will get lines and wrinkles. Gravity is relentless. The point of life is to live it, and this will show on your face and body. Be as beautiful as you can be, inside and out -- but do NOT be as young or flawfree as you can. I am 52, with a 27 year old male roommate and a 33 year old boyfriend. They love me because of my spirit and attitude. They love my eye crinkles and smile lines. They love my irreverance, courage, and wisdom. And so do I.

Ageing, quite frankly, is the best thing that's ever happened to me. So far. Laughing

*applause* Thank you Sidda! As a

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Whoooops. As a woman with children, two of which are sons, I found that very worrisome. Some of the most beautiful women I know are over the age of forty. There is no beauty like that of a woman with self confidence, no matter the age. I work with women and see body dysmorphic attitudes on a daily basis. We all have our vanities but I for one, don't wish to hand mine over to my children.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:37 am      Reply with quote
WOW bkkgirl! You have such beautiful skin and no smile lines! OK...you got my attention! Forgive my lack of skin education here, but what exactly is pearl cream? I've heard others mention it here. Who makes it, what's in it, what does it do and, more importantly, where can I get it?

BTW, thank you so much for sharing your pictures with all of us. Someone should start a thread where we can all post pics (for those brave enough!) Just a thought........

Oh, and Sidda.....those are words we should all live by!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, Starlight, Mamawalnut, Kassy_A, and CMAYC, for your compliments. That's very sweet and kind of you all.

Starlight, I currently am using the pearl cream I bought from Carekate, but I'm about to run out, and don't think it's possible to buy more from her as I heard she's not available. So I bought ingredients from GOW to make my own pearl cream and will be keeping my fingers crossed that I got good results from it, too. Very Happy

Mamawalnut, I try to remember to not roll to my sides in my sleep, too, because I will wake up with creases on one cheek. It does make me look strange with one cheek wrinkled up. lol
Sleeping on my back is easy for me since I have always preferred doing that. I think that's how my parents put me to sleep as a baby and that habit stuck.

Quote:
I knew, when I had my 40th birthday, that I was shocked and aghast at leaving my 30's behind.

Catski, I think you expressed my sentiment here. I'm finding that turning 40 is much harder for me than turning 30. I was actually looking forward to turning 30. lol Now I remember the commercial where this woman was putting a pillow over her head trying to avoid waking up to her 30th b-day. haha I know it's not the end of the world and everyone has to go through it one day, so I guess I am just trying to cope. Very Happy Like Starlight said in the previous thread, I still feel like I'm 25 or something. hehehe

Jenw, I am glad you found EDS in your 20s and will be able to take good care of your skin early on. You'll be happy 10, 20 years down the road. I wish I found EDS earlier, too.

Sidda, thanks for your inspirational words of wisdom. By the way, I have not tried the Volcano coffee you recommended yet. That's still on my list to try, but I bought TJs sampler pack and found that I really like the Peaberry coffee, and I can't remember the country it was from at the moment other than that it was from S. America. lol

Kassy_A - Thank you! I think the pictures were a bit blurry and good at hiding all my lines. haha j/k Anyway, I think the exercises, protein supplement, pearl cream, trying to remember to wash my face every AM/PM :-P , and taking MSM, fish oil, are helping me. I think the exercises probably are the key factor. I keep remembering my older sister telling me that humans produce HGH hormones after 45 mins of cardio exercises, so I try to do at least that much each day. I have no idea where she got that from, but maybe it is true. She also said we produce this hormone after getting in to a deep sleep by 10:30 pm, but I don't go to bed that early, so I wouldn't know. lol One more time is when we die, but I don't know who would care at that point. lol

CMAYC - Thanks again for the compliment. I don't know too many sources of pearl cream. I only know 3 sources and they're all DIYers, so I don't think I can mention them too much on here. I'll pm you. For me, the pearl cream seems to help with the tightening of the skin. It's supposed to help with lightening it, too, and maybe that's why I see those sunspots becoming lighter, but it's not something that happens quickly.
There's a thread where people posted pics in the lounge, but I think a lot of people just posted them, and then took them off after a week.
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
It's funny how we all see different things when we look at people. (And can never see ourselves as others do. That's just a Life Truth.)

When I look at your photo I see your lovely skin and sensual lips, of course, but the primary thought I have is "Why is she not smiling? Is she unhappy?"

"How young she is!" or "Oh look, she has no lines" would not be in my head at all. Nor would "Oh look, she has lines when she smiles" if you were beaming.

Go for the smile -- (or the frown). The more expressive you are, the more full of connection and life. It is a signal to others that you are engaging.

I think a sky with scattered clouds is much more interesting and full of possibilites than a cloudless blue sky. Cloudless is nice. But not forever.

ps. The Peaberry coffee has (of course) been discontinued. Although there is a (limited edition) Peaberry from Kauai now. It's in a gorgeous bright blue can. I think Volcano or Breakfast Blend are still the best, though.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |