Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Newbie... questions about rosacea
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Broken_Princess
5% products discount

Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi all! I'm new here but I have been browsing the forums recently. I was diagnosed with rosacea a few months ago. My main issue is persistant redness on my cheeks and I have a few broken caps as well.

Right now I'm using the Sea Kelp cleanser and rosacea control serum from Skinactives. I also use Differin gel, I find that it actually helps my skin look better and I've never reacted badly to it. I still don't feel like I'm getting great results though. I was hoping that any of you out there with rosacea might share your routine with me and what products have made a difference in your skin.
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:56 am      Reply with quote
For me, using prescription Noritate cream made the biggest difference in my rosacea. After I was diagnosed with mild rosacea, I used it faithfully for years.

Now, with my rosacea pretty much fully under control, I seldom use the Noritate.

Everyone's individual triggers are different. I have found that exfoliation and over cleansing are what I need to be careful with. I exfoliate using Epidermix II and also with my Clarisonic, but I can't overdo it or I will trigger a mild flare (which the Noritate brings under control).

5% products discount

Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:53 am      Reply with quote
cathy_jean wrote:
For me, using prescription Noritate cream made the biggest difference in my rosacea. After I was diagnosed with mild rosacea, I used it faithfully for years.

Now, with my rosacea pretty much fully under control, I seldom use the Noritate.

Everyone's individual triggers are different. I have found that exfoliation and over cleansing are what I need to be careful with. I exfoliate using Epidermix II and also with my Clarisonic, but I can't overdo it or I will trigger a mild flare (which the Noritate brings under control).

My derm gave me some samples of Noritate. I used it for a while and didn't see much difference and it dried my skin out pretty bad. Perhaps I should have used it longer.
Broken_Princess
5% products discount

Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
I have ordered some samples from the PSF website and I also got travel size samples of the Pevonia RS2 line. I'm hoping that some of this will help.

Does anyone know if you can get samples from IS Clinical? The hydracool and proheal serums sound nice.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:35 am      Reply with quote
I use the hydracool, proheal and the decleor line has really soothing products as well. It is about time for my yearly IPL so I will do that as well. That was the biggest thing I did for my rosacea.

5% products discount

Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:49 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I use the hydracool, proheal and the decleor line has really soothing products as well. It is about time for my yearly IPL so I will do that as well. That was the biggest thing I did for my rosacea.

Thanks AnnieR! Do you have the IPL once yearly? I've looked into doing this, right now I'm trying to save money for it.
MBGirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:01 am      Reply with quote
I was told that rosacea may be caused by a topical fungus, and it was recommended to me to try Nizoral anti-dandruff shampoo.
I wash my face and keep the rosacea-affected areas wet, then suds up a dab of Nizoral shampoo on those areas, and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. I then rinse. I do this once daily. This has been working really well for me. Nizoral is OTC, by the way.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
I had 5 (full and partial) done over a period of 2 years and it's been 2 years since my last one. I skipped a year due to having a Fraxel instead, which of course does nothing for redness. I am going to have another IPL done soon. It really calms the redness and gives a great overall tone to my skin. I will probably have one done every 1-2 years depending on need as new broken caps pop up all the time.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
MBGirl wrote:
I was told that rosacea may be caused by a topical fungus, and it was recommended to me to try Nizoral anti-dandruff shampoo.
I wash my face and keep the rosacea-affected areas wet, then suds up a dab of Nizoral shampoo on those areas, and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. I then rinse. I do this once daily. This has been working really well for me. Nizoral is OTC, by the way.

That's interesting ... in addition to rosacea, I had POD (perioral dermatitis) for a few months three years ago. My nasolabial area was red with little ugly bumps, and my dermatologist was treating it with various things, to no avail. I went for a facial, and the aesthetician said "hmm, to me that looks like a fungus" but recommended I check with my doctor before I did anything else. Of course, I was desparate to clear it up and drove immediately to CVS and bought some Lamisil -- and it cleared up the POD immediately.

5% products discount

Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:03 am      Reply with quote
MBGirl wrote:

Does this help w/ redness or just the bumps? I would be hesitant to put shampoo on my face, but if it works I guess it's worth it.
MBGirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Nizoral helps with the red bumps and the redness, since the fungus causes both problems. The Nizoral eradicates the fungus. Honestly, very often the surfactants in popular shampoos are exactly those in face washes, so I don't mind putting Nizoral shampoo on my face for those few 5-10 minutes. I use it to spot treat the rosacea areas, not as an all-over face wash and so far I haven't had any irritation due to the shampoo...on the contrary, it has addressed my rosacea very well.
Broken_Princess
5% products discount

Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
MBGirl wrote:
Nizoral helps with the red bumps and the redness, since the fungus causes both problems. The Nizoral eradicates the fungus. Honestly, very often the surfactants in popular shampoos are exactly those in face washes, so I don't mind putting Nizoral shampoo on my face for those few 5-10 minutes. I use it to spot treat the rosacea areas, not as an all-over face wash and so far I haven't had any irritation due to the shampoo...on the contrary, it has addressed my rosacea very well.

Well that doesn't sound bad. I might have to give that a try... couldn't hurt.

I had asked this early but does anyone know if you can get IS Clinical samples?
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
MBGirl wrote:

You just answered a question I've had for awhile about Nizoral. I'll try it.
Broken_Princess
5% products discount

Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:45 am      Reply with quote
I got my PSF samples yesterday. I used the green tea cleanser last night, I liked it but it didn't really remove my makeup that well. I also tried the O2 rescue serum and it didn't really have much affect on my skin... it smell nice though.
Broken_Princess
5% products discount

Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried Noredol? They are sending me a free sample.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:43 am      Reply with quote
IS clinical samples are harder to get these days it seems. I used to order mine from a company that gave great samples, theskincareinstitute, but I don't know if they still do.

5% products discount

Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Thanks AnnieR... I'll look into it.

I tried the gentle cleansing castile from PSF last night... BIG MISTAKE. It started stinging and burning my face. I immediately washed it off, but my face was red and irritated all night. Has anyone else experienced this? The ingredients looked gentle enough. I need to figure out what in it caused the burning so I can avoid that ingredient in the future.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:34 am      Reply with quote
I love Obagi Gentle, Purpose cleansing gel, or Cetaphil. All are non-irritating and very gentle.

5% products discount

Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to let you guys know that the people from Noredol sent me two good sized samples. I'm excited to try it out.
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:58 am      Reply with quote
MBGirl - Hugs and Kisses to you - I was diagnosed by my Derm with rosacea years ago and have been using Metrocream for years and seeing no improvement but afraid to stop in case it got worse. This year I even had laser treatments for rosacea with no results. After reading your posts concerning "Nizoral" - I decided to give it a try. After using it daily for approximately 1 week, I am seeing impressive improvements. I had only one bump on my face, and it was on the nasolabial line so really wasn't obvious but today, the bump peeled off. I am finding it rather harsh to use on my entire face on a daily basis, so will be cutting back to every other day for now, with the exception of certain areas that I would like to do daily. Thank you so much for your posts.
Broken_Princess
5% products discount

Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
stovetop wrote:
MBGirl - Hugs and Kisses to you - I was diagnosed by my Derm with rosacea years ago and have been using Metrocream for years and seeing no improvement but afraid to stop in case it got worse. This year I even had laser treatments for rosacea with no results. After reading your posts concerning "Nizoral" - I decided to give it a try. After using it daily for approximately 1 week, I am seeing impressive improvements. I had only one bump on my face, and it was on the nasolabial line so really wasn't obvious but today, the bump peeled off. I am finding it rather harsh to use on my entire face on a daily basis, so will be cutting back to every other day for now, with the exception of certain areas that I would like to do daily. Thank you so much for your posts.

Interesting. Did it help with redness or just the bumps?
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:15 am      Reply with quote
It is helping with the redness but slowly. I have discontinued the use of metrocream.
Broken_Princess
5% products discount

Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:03 am      Reply with quote
Please keep us updated stovetop. I'm still hesitant to try the Nizoral... it just seems too easy I guess.

On another note I did try the Noredol. It worked wonderfully the first few times I used it, my skin was beautiful! Now it just makes me red. I suspect that it is the mint extract since mint is a counter-irriant. I should have known better. The search continues.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Bought the Nizoral yesterday and am going to give it a try. My rosacea has flared and I did not have time to do an IPL before the holidays and a ski trip coming up. We'll see!

5% products discount

Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Keep us updated AnnieR. If this works for you guys then I'll probably give it a shot.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |