Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Skincare help please
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi

please could someone help me???? the lines under my eyes and at the sides are really quite bad. i am looking to buy some good treatment creams. i also have lines between my eyebrows. i am 36 years old but due to years of being anerexia (and also smoking - which i am trying to stop) i eel i look so much older than what i am. please could someone help with how to choose some good skincare products/treatments - think it is going to take a miracle to help me. also what about exfoliating - can this help reduce lines?

thanks to everyone

sally

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Sally,
You should scroll down a bit...awhile back there was a long thread on Relax-A-Line- a muscle relaxant that I use (and others here) for crow's feet and frown lines. It has helped mine so much. I love the stuff. I think GuapaGirl bathes in it. Smile I also recommend Vitamin C and sunscreen each AM and a Retinoid at night (like Retin-A, Renova, etc.). All of these help to repair previous damage and help to prevent future damage. The Relax-A-Line can be purchased at cellularskinrx.com. Good luck!
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:34 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the help. i keep reading about so many different products (and have also spent ££££'s on creams that havent worked for me). could someone let me know what i really should be looking at and what sort of routine to follow. i really do appreciate anyones help. im beginning to think that the only thing to help me is plastic curgery and that i dont really fancy (plus its not affordable to me)

thanks to you all

Sally

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Sally,
If you post under a separate post (start a new thread), you will get lots of responses. Tell everyone what your skin-type is (oily, dry, etc.) and what products you are looking for (cleanser, moisturizer, special serums, treatments, anti-aging, acne). Also, try to explain what products haven't worked for you so they won't be recommended. With all the knowledgeable people on the board, I'm sure you will get lots of help.[/img]
Mabsy

Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sally,

I've split this from the previous post so it gets more exposure and more suggestions from everyone.

I think it would be worth starting to use a vitamin C serum (Skinceuticals, Vivier etc) and also an argireline product for the frown lines. I feel that sunblock is also a must as is a good exfoliation routine. Exfoliation can in fact reduce the appearance of lines (glycolic acid is often recommended to minimise wrinkle depth).

It goes without saying that you should also drink plenty of water and eat a healthy diet to help your skin out from within.

Mabsy
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Thanks betterat40 and mabsy. betterat40 i will post a new reply detailing my skin in better depth

thankyou

sally

Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:25 am      Reply with quote
I have been using renova (prescription) for several years. Though some have problems with peeling at first, this doesn't last. I have sensitive, very fair skin damaged by too many years in the sun. Renova is by far the best product i've used for sun damage & lines. I always use u.v. protection over revova and avoid using too close to eyes. A tube lasts several months.
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:37 am      Reply with quote
hi Brenna

what actually is this? do you need a moisturiser as well.

i am 36 years old but feel i look a lot older. my skin is quite sundamaged from my youth and i also suffered with anorexia from the age of 17 up until a few years ago. i also smoke and am trying to stop this awful habit. i havent done myself any favours with the way i have neglected myself and now my skin is really suffering.

i have a couple of lines between my eyebrows and crows feet at the corners of my eyes. the skin underneath my eyes looks pretty liney too and a bit saggy. i also have a few lines around my mouth and i am noticing that my top lid is starting to look a bit droopy. all is not good. what i am looking for is a skin care routine to follow together with some treatment creams to hopefully reduce these lines which i have already and prevent new ones forming and to get my skin looking more radient and youthful - i hope this is possible. i would say my skin is more on the dry side - maybe dehydrated at times. i dont really have sensitive skin or break out in spots very often. i am getting so confused as what to buy as i keep reading about so many things and i have bought crams over and over which have just cost me a lot of money and have not improved my skin. my main concern is my eye area as this is looking pretty awful. but i do need to take good care of my whole skin.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |