Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Bree5666
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:23 am      Reply with quote
Ottawa shopper!!! Your exciting news came 2 days late! Sad
But im gonna bookmark it so i will get the best deal next time and buy more! Very Happy
Sis i have tendency to get oily too but at times when i overdo stuff, i have oils and hydrosols from GOW. Which you reminded me i can still use them!
Ive also gone ahead with my CP orders.

Leeleedeedee since i ordered choco2, i reckoned i should not be getting a C till i get my new KH stash and try it out first right?
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Bree5666

Yes, I would wait. I'm satisfied with the Vitamin C in Choco2 but you should try it first to see if you would need and/or want additional Vitamin C. I know it's hard to be patient but you could be saving yourself some money. Think of it that way.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
The oxygen products need to be placed gently on top of the skin (not rubbed in) and so need time to absorb in. If you are going to use DMAE you will need to wait a good while after applying KH. I'd give it 30 minutes. See how it goes.

Thanks Sister Sweets. I'll keep it in mind. I just received my KH products today. I'm very excited; it is like Santa just came !!! LOL

I have to restrain myself from trying everything at once. Back to reviewing the KH thread so I know where to start !!

Thanks again to all for your advice. Special shout out to Leeleedeedee; I hope I have as much luck with this line as you have !!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
I remember when I first started KH - I loved it and always have. It wasn't one of those "OKAY for a while products"... I have switched in and out but have come back to KH twice in the last few years. It's funny how you stop recognizing the value of some things but then you say to yourself "Wow - KH really was great stuff". This just hit again recently and I am So Excited to use again - ... I'll probably use for the next few months through January I suspect and then pick up Vitamin C again as my rotation product with CP's. I really think CP's (for me) are the pivotal deal. but excited to get the fresh glow that comes with KH VK2. (and the eyecream and the professional cleansing cream is super - too expensive though for cleansing I decided). If I were rich I'd have it all the time. Pure luxury.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
First of all, I think I deserve some kind of gold star for finishing the entire thread and NOT ordering additional products !!! If I'm being brutally honest though, I already went a little wild ordering them to begin with !!

I used the Vita-A-Kombi 1% with the Eye Cream. My skin felt a little tight, so I put on some Additional Sweet Night Cream after waiting approximately 5 minutes. I had been given a sample of this cream with my order. My skin now feels like silk.

The tip about putting dots of the cream on your face and then joining them using a synthetic foundation brush worked like a charm.

I was surprised that I didn't see any reviews on the Camomile Cream. I ordered that one and plan on using it tomorrow morning. I'll post my thoughts on it. I had been bouncing back and forth between it and the Rose Cream, but was afraid of the rose fragrance bothering me. I'm very sensitive to anything that smells of roses.

I noticed that the H Cream also has rosewood in it. Does this smell like roses as well? I'd appreciate it if someone can post. I wasn't able to find posts that described the fragrance, only the bright yellow colour !!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:37 am      Reply with quote
Please don't worry about the "rose" scent of the products. No KH product has a strong fragrance of any kind. This is my one pet peeve about skin care products that are heavily perfumed. I would not be able to use KH if it did. I absolutely cannot tolerate highly fragranced skin care products.

Although, I have been on KH for about two years, I have strayed to try other skin care lines, but have always come back to KH. There is something about this line that gives my skin what other products do not. A nice glow, clear skin, small pores, well moisturized without being greasy and that eye cream is just fantastic.

I wish you the best of luck with Kh. Hope it works for you.
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
I got interested in this line, never thought of trying it before - but this thread definitely caught my curiosity.
To start with to try out the product line, what product should I choose - the best of - in your opinion?

Sara, 36 Swedish. Brunette, brown eyes. Fair sensitive reactive skin, no wrinkles(yet), enlarged pores, some broken caps and get easily sunspots. Oily but dry skin. Ten months with Tretionin 0,025% gel PM, Vita C AM - SC Phloratin and Freulic. Use DeCleor and Dr H right now.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
It depends on your skin type. If oily, I would choose the oxygen face cream. If dry, one of the 1% oxygen creams with perhaps an additional moisturizer like the sweet cream. And, definitely the eye cream. This would be sufficient to start.

If your budget permits there is the Essential Mask which, to me is awesome and the AHA cream. I could go on and on about the products. But, the first paragraph contains the essential basics.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks again Leelee; you have been really helpful.

My first day with KH has been a huge success. My skin looks and feels amazing. I used the Vita-A-Kombi 1% this morning with the Camomile on top of it (after waiting for 5mins before I applied it). I also used the eye cream.

It is hard to describe, but it feels like I have a protective coating on my skin. It doesn't feel bad, just protected. My skin absorbed all the product and feels as good 14hrs after applying it in the morning. I hope I've described this right, because it certainly isn't a bad feeling, but is definitely something unique to this product.

I'm going to use the Camomile on its own tomorrow. The VAK 1% wasn't quite enough on its own, but I felt like I had more than what I needed with the two creams under my makeup.

When I applied the Vita-A-Kombi 1% last night and then put the Additional Sweet over it, my skin was a little red. It felt good, but was definitely a little red. It was fine when I woke up this morning. I didn't get any redness with the Camomile this morning.

Using a synthetic foundation brush worked like a charm. After I applied the cream, I used a wet kleenex to make sure that I didn't have any on my eyebrows or eyelashes. The brush also helped to ensure that I kept the product away from my hairline. I have dark brown hair; I don't need any orange spots !!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
It depends on your skin type. If oily, I would choose the oxygen face cream. If dry, one of the 1% oxygen creams with perhaps an additional moisturizer like the sweet cream. And, definitely the eye cream. This would be sufficient to start.

If your budget permits there is the Essential Mask which, to me is awesome and the AHA cream. I could go on and on about the products. But, the first paragraph contains the essential basics.

I have dry but a tendency to get oily during the day. Work with computers all day so..
The mask really looks good. I think I will try that one out.
The cleansing products, how long will a 50ml tube last..? I suppose/hope it's very concentrate in its texture. Have you tried the chocolate? I'm leaning toward the Professional Cleaning, a good choice for my skin?
I use the PTS eye creme, Power K. I have some issued whit dark circles, does KH target that?

I hope EDS have some samples of the KH serie, and I will ask for the eyecream in my next order.

Sara, 36 Swedish. Brunette, brown eyes. Fair sensitive reactive skin, no wrinkles(yet), enlarged pores, some broken caps and get easily sunspots. Oily but dry skin. Ten months with Tretionin 0,025% gel PM, Vita C AM - SC Phloratin and Freulic. Use DeCleor and Dr H right now.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:28 am      Reply with quote
Time2Bme

Hi!! Great to hear about your success so far. My only advice is to just go slowly with the oxygen products. Don't us too much,just enough for your skin to absorb and if necessary use the moisturizer on top. Do you have the eye cream? If so how do you like it?

Keep us updated.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:33 am      Reply with quote
Vanilj

The Professional Cleanser is terrific, but a little goes a long way. I don't have to use much of it because I don't wear make-up and so I only use a little once a day.

I can't answer about the eye cream and dark circles because that isn't my issue. My main issue for my eye area is moisturization without greasiness,and the eye cream targets those issues perfectly. It takes away those pesky dehydration lines that I seem to get around the eyes. This is why I love the eye cream.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:48 am      Reply with quote
Leeleedeedee, thank you so much for all your help with these products. I also have to add my thanks to the earlier posters on this monster thread - your experience with the products has really helped.

I did purchase the eye cream. WOW - I love it . It is unlike any other eye cream I've ever tried. I've used countless eye creams and have never found a product that I could wear during the day. Any of the ones I used were far too greasy to wear with makeup. I was also never able to put an eye cream on my eyelid. It always felt like it ran into my eyes. I put the eye cream completely around my eyes and on my eye lids. I wet a kleenex and went over my eye lashes and eyebrows afterwards to avoid any lightening. I recently had eyelift surgery, so my eye lids have been tender and are still quite discoloured. The skin is also really tight feeling. The cream made my skin feel wonderful. It soaked in completely; my skin feels less tight (even now - 4 hours after putting it on) and my eye lids also appear a little lighter. Because of the surgery the skin is a little burgundy/brown looking.

I spoke about feeling like I had a coating on my skin. Leelee wisely explained to me that it is likely the products being absorbed into my skin. ITA. These skincare products are unlike anything I've ever tried. My skin feels completely hydrated, smooth and looks really good, but there isn't that trace feeling of product. Last night I purposely did half my face with my new KH products (Vita-A-Kombi 1%, followed by the Additional Sweet 5-10mins later) on one side and my old products on the other side. Despite having 2 products layered on my left side (KH), and only one on my right side, my right side stayed greasy. I can really understand why this line can change your mindset about what a product is supposed to do. I can't remember who posted it in this thread, but I remember it being said that you can see the difference when a product actually soaks into your skin and doesn't just sit on top. I ended up wiping off my right side and applying the KH products on it as well. The difference was really noticeable. I honestly can't count the number of products I've tried over the years. My skin gets very dry in the winter. Because all the products I've tried peformed fairly consistently, in that they rested on top of my skin, I assumed that anti-aging products meant greasier and would sit on top of my skin ... Basically I felt that I had to put up with a greasier look, to get rid of the dryness. KH products show that that isn't necessary.

This morning, I only used the Camomile cream and the eye cream. I didn't use the Vita-A-Kombi. It was enough. Camomile still has the 1% oxygen. It absorbs really well, has a very mild fragrance and worked great under makeup.

I also took a chance and tried the DMAE gel and Vita-A-Kombi on my chest (decolletage). It is the one place that my skin shows age the most. I really like what the DMAE has done to my skin and was hoping that I didn't have to give it up with the KH products. I didn't want to chance using the DMAE & KH on my face, so I thought I'd try it there ... I figured I can always hide a reaction if I have one !!! Laughing No need to hide it !! My skin looks great. It was really cool to watch the lines disappear. I put the DMAE gel on and let it sit for 10 minutes. I then put the Vita-A-Kombi 1% on top and spread it using my synthetic foundation brush. The lines disappeared. I have fine lines, and while it is unlikely that they have disappeared for good - something definitely worked.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Time2Bme....I am thrilled at your positive and wonderful experience with the KH products. Isn't the eye cream just the best. And, the wonderful thing is that you can actually see these creams being absorbed into your skin right before your eyes. So, no greasy, yucky residue left behind.

As you found out, you only need one oxygen product on your face. That is sufficient. Plus moisturizer if you need it and you're all set.

Thank you for taking the time to tell everyone about your results. I'm very happy for you and keep us posted. Anyone interested in KH will be happy to read about your progress and results.
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:49 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Vanilj

The Professional Cleanser is terrific, but a little goes a long way. I don't have to use much of it because I don't wear make-up and so I only use a little once a day.

I can't answer about the eye cream and dark circles because that isn't my issue. My main issue for my eye area is moisturization without greasiness,and the eye cream targets those issues perfectly. It takes away those pesky dehydration lines that I seem to get around the eyes. This is why I love the eye cream.

Why o why did they have to put paraffinum liquidum in their products.. I didn't looked at the ingredient list on all the products. I don't like the idea of that, esp. since it's stands as no 2 in the list, after water.

Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
I tried using the DMAE gel on my face today. I used it under the Camomile cream and under the Vita-A-Kombi 2% on my neck and chest area. It worked really well - no reaction whatsoever. I'm going to wait for awhile to try the Vitamin C serum under it, but I'm hopeful that it'll work as well.

I am absolutely loving these products so far. My skin feels and looks awesome.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
I have never tried the DMAE gel. IN fact I don't know that I knew it was available Confused However I also have used the eye cream and with many months of experimenting - using one eye cream on one eye and the KH eye cream on the other it ws apparent that the KH cream was superior and the creams I used on the other eye were more $$$.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I have never tried the DMAE gel. IN fact I don't know that I knew it was available Confused

Sister Sweets ... I should have written my post differently ... The DMAE gel I used is the one by PSF. I also want to try the PSF Vit C serum under the KH products as well.

Sorry if I made it confusing.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
I hope I'm not stirring up a hornet's nest, but I have been wondering. I am really happy with the KH products so far, but I know others have expressed concern about mineral oil.

The information on the internet is quite conflicting when it comes to the mineral oil used in cosmetics. Has anyone had any issues with it? I did read a few posts about problems with acne. I wasn't sure whether those people had had a history of acne or if it was a new thing since using the KH.

I've been really fortunate; I have gotten pimples, but have never had cystic acne. My skin issue is dry, sensitive and flushing.

At this point, I'm going on how my skin feels and looks. I've used high end cosmetic brand lines (purchased from stores) as well as several all natural lines. While I did like some of the natural lines I used, I didn't find the anti-aging benefits were there to the same degree. I'm really happy that I am able to continue using the DMAE gel (and am also hoping for the Vit C serum) from PSF, but my skin certainly looks better with the KH creams. The way these products are absorbed into the skin is not anything I've experienced with any other line.

Any thoughts ??

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:50 am      Reply with quote
PSF and KH appears to play very well together !!

I used the PSF Gentle Cleanser to wash my face, followed by DMAE and then Vit C Serum. I hadn't used the Vitamin C with the KH until today. I allowed time in between both PSF products and waited approx 10mins before using the KH Camomile cream & Eye Cream. I got the same awesome results. My skin really is feeling fabulous with this line.

I use the Camomile on my face and the Vita-A-Kombi 2% on my neck and chest. It does a great job of making those nasty little lines disappear.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi Time2Bme.....regarding the mineral oil used in KH all I can say is that it would be a personal choice whether or not to use these products based upon the ingredients. Mineral Oil is not an issue with me and KH has cleared up my skin and just done wonders for it. However, what works for one person doesn't guarantee that it will work for another.

Speaking for myself mineral oil doesn't clog my pores nor cause problems of any kind. I don't know why mineral oil is used in KH but I'm not a scientific person, so I don't have the answer.

Glad you are liking the products.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi Leelee

I have to agree with you with the KH products. I've found so many conflicting pieces of information that I've decided to let my skin be the guide. The results I've seen with the KH products so far has been really remarkable. I've never fallen in love with a skincare line so quickly before. My skin can be sensitive, but it is loving KH.

I do think that I will be more diligent about exfoliating than I sometimes am. Because my skin is dry, I don't use an exfoliator as often as my skincare lines recommend. I have a natural exfoliator (Nadarra) that is natural and doesn't contain any mineral oil. I am going to use it weekly. Hopefully this will counteract any issues with pores being blocked (if in fact this does happen) with the mineral oil.

I highly recommend the Camomile cream for anyone who has skin that can get irritated easily. It feels really nice on my skin and it is definitely calming. There is little to no fragrance in it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi Time2Bme,

You are right about there being so much conflicting information regarding mineral oil. It's hard to know what to think. I just know that KH does not cause me to break out. Ialso have extremely sensitive skin. There are so many products I cannot use because of this including natural lines because of the many essential oils in their product lines. But, somehow, my skin loves KH. So, I don't give the mineral oil a second thought.

The whole KH skin care line has little to no fragrance. Another plus for using KH.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
VK2 has been a great product - very reliable in terms of results. Eye cream same thing. Professional cleansing is a joy to use - my absolute favorite for a cleansing protocal. I do love and enjoy KH prodcuts. And they work out well- alternating with many other products - for me right now - Copper Peptides

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sister Sweets
How are you using the Copper Peptides and what brands. I read a lot of information about them, but still found it to be a little confusing and some brands are extremely expensive.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |