Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
ScotsLass wrote:
Oh my, I just re-read my last post and want to clarify something. When I said, "I wonder if the sisters have been bathing in the stuff since childhood", I literally meant KH's daughters since they have such beautiful skin from head-to-toe. I wasn't referring to the "sistas", if you know what I mean! Embarassed

LOL. That one never occurred to me.

Eek, too many frisky thoughts today are causing me to read innuendo's into my OWN darn posts now! Rolling Eyes Spring is definitely in the air. Razz

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
ScotsLass wrote:
Oh my, I just re-read my last post and want to clarify something. When I said, "I wonder if the sisters have been bathing in the stuff since childhood", I literally meant KH's daughters since they have such beautiful skin from head-to-toe. I wasn't referring to the "sistas", if you know what I mean! Embarassed

Eek, too many frisky thoughts today are causing me to read innuendo's into my OWN darn posts now! Rolling Eyes Spring is definitely in the air. Razz

Dont feel bad, her "girls" are the first thing I even looked at wondering where I could get some! Laughing

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
I don't know how much info the patent will actually give you. I'll be curious to see what you say though. ... Looking forward to your thoughts.

Soooo...I read The Patent info last night. Definitely very informational, and encouraging. (obviously, since I ordered some stuff this morning, lol)

Here are the key points I saw in The Patent:
- HP immediately breaks down to provide OXYGEN (there are no toxins generated by the breakdown)
- OXYGEN helps breaking down the GLUCOSE to generate extra ENERGY for cellular regeneration,
- OXYGEN, Water, and VIT A are carried into the cellular tissues
- OXYGEN helps convert the VIT A to Retinoic Acid, which enhances cellular metabolism and provides benefits to the skin.

Basically, Vit A is what enhances the skin in the KH products, but the HP/Oxygen delivery mechanism eliminates the irritation (as compared to using retinoic acid topically).

Here are some key quotes from The Patent for people who do not want to read the whole thing:

Composition of Vitamin A, Glucose, and Hydrogen Peroxide for Cosmetic or Pharmaceutical Use

Quote:
Katzberg has reported...that the life span of a human epidermal cell is of 101 days during the ten first years of life and decreases subsequently to 46 days at the age of 80. This means that time causes an ageing which is evidenced by a decreased capacity of the cells to regenerate the epidermis. When the energy which can be used physiologically by the cells is no longer sufficient, for instance because of an inadequate permeability of the capillaries or because of an inadequate capillary circulation, there is then an increase in the disappearance rate of the cells, which is accompanied by a significant impairment of their vital functions.

Quote:
The energy is generated through the oxidative breakdown of glucose, which is made possible due to an adequate oxygen supply from hydrogen peroxide.

Glucose is transported through the outer layers of the skin with vitamin A (ester or free acid) under the effect of the pressure exerted by nascent oxygen. The energy released through glycolysis can then be used under the skin.

Quote:
The compositions of the invention become fully effective right after being applied to the skin with the pressure of the oxygen and water becoming released from the decomposition of the peroxide. Thus, vitamin A, oxygen and water penetrate into the subcutaneous tissue and become available to the cells.

The latter compound (Vitamin A in its acid form) being thus involved in the cellular metabolism. It is thus noted that sufficient oxygen and water is released from the emulsion to enable these reactions to take place.

Quote:
The advantageous effects on the skin are obtained through the use of the present compositions, because the action of the peroxide on the skin is controlled by its incorporation and stabilization in the emulsion. Moreover its decomposition provides oxygen which drives the Vitamin A and glucose beneath the outer layer of the skin. Once therein, the oxygen reacts; with Vitamin A as noted above to produce retinoic acid. The cellular fluids include some glucose which can decompose to provide energy to this reaction but the intentional addition of glucose to the composition provides additional energy to facilitate this reaction. The supply of retinoic acid to the cells, in turn, provides beneficial effects on the skin.

Quote:
Since no toxic by-products are formed during the breakdown of hydrogen peroxide, such emulsions can include a high concentration of nascent oxygen which reinforces all the more the action of vitamin A, while at the same time ensuring a release of energy as a result of its reaction with glucose.

http://www.google.no/patents?id=yVsBAAAAEBAJ&printsec=description&zoom=4#PPA2,M1[list=]

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, who's up for some investigative digging? I came across an interesting website last week that I do not believe is an active company any more, since none of the phone numbers listed work when dialed. Yet, their products appear to be selling on certain websites, which is very mysterious.

The company is called Aura Research (www.auraresearch.com) and they create and manufacture products that are very, very similar to the KH line; right down to an all-star Oxygen Emulsion range (that includes facial creams with 1%, 2% & 3% H202). The exceptions to these Oxygen Emulsions is that they do not contain mineral oil (though they once did), do not contain fragrances, and include a number of other 'actives' that I found quite surprising. These products were supposedly IMPORTED into the US market starting in 1990, but at some point Aura Research began to manufacture them themselves in the States. I am betting that NO ONE has ever heard of these products before and that there could be a connection to the Karin Herzog formulas. Of course this is simply speculation at the moment, and nothing more. Once you read through all the product descriptions and the articles about Oxygen Emulsion, you can't help but wonder if some form of Intellectual Property Theft occurred almost two decades ago. Because there is something really fishy with the number of coincidences between these two product lines, IMO.

What I found most intriguing about the Aura site is that there are several articles that go out of the way to explain, on a chemistry-101-level, the "how & why" mechanics of the science behind oxygen (H202) emulsion creams. IF these articles are indeed accurate and the information can be verified in some way, I think we might have some additional insight regarding the science behind the KH products.

Until we know for certain (I'm asking the skincare gods to send a KH company expert our way in order to pick their brain Pray ). I am going to reserve my conclusions about Oxygen Emulsion Creams and "how and why" they work, as we all know how easy it is to become dazzled by some information that aligns with what we WANT to believe (this excludes the patent info, I'm referring to other sources such as this Aura site). Regardless of my reservations, I did want to share these articles as I found them quite interesting and hope that someone well versed in chemistry can detect any glaring misrepresentations about oxygen emulsions and free radicals, should anything obvious jump out.

To read all the articles listed on the Aura website, check out this link -www.auraresearch.com/ref.htm . As for sites selling the Aura Oxygen products, I've contacted one who not only sells everything in the Aura Oxygen Skincare line, they also sell the Karin Herzog range, too! Shock I was told today that I won't hear back from the gal who is versed in both product lines until tomorrow. If you want to view the Aura Oxygen skincare products for more information, here is the link to the online spa selling them -www.aegeanbeauty.com/AuraResearch/index.htm

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
To whet your whistle, here is just one article that gives an overview of how and why H202 operates in the Aura Research Oxygen Emulsions.

AURA Research, Ltd., Oxygen Emulsions
by Ted Kalli

I introduced the first oxygen emulsion to the United States in 1990 and it quickly became a new "buzzword" in the industry. Originally, the products were imported, but we are now manufacturing them in the U.S.A. The oxygen emulsion is not a miracle product. It is based on sound chemical, biochemical and physiological facts, and some plain, common sense. The actions of the emulsion are so simple that many have a hard time accepting them. The only difficult part of the emulsion is making it.

AURA Research's oxygen emulsion is a stabilized emulsion of hydrogen peroxide, which is the main active ingredient. There is also a small amount of salicylic acid, and depending on the individual product, various vitamins and other ingredients. Full ingredient listings are on each product.

To understand the products, you have to understand the chemical properties of hydrogen peroxide and how the skin cells function. Hydrogen peroxide was first discovered in 1818. It was not until the beginning of the twentieth century that product and purification methods were developed that gave a chemical that could be produced commercially. Recent discoveries (1990's) have produced additional methods. Hydrogen peroxide(H2O2) is manufactured from hydrogen gas and atmospheric oxygen. After purification and concentration, the solution is stabilized.

Hydrogen peroxide has a molecular weight of 34.01. Stabilized aqueous hydrogen peroxide has a pH of about 1 and 3. It has strong oxidizing properties, but it also has low toxicity. Its decomposition products, water and oxygen, are harmless. Decomposition can be initiated by several factors, some of which are, light, heat, high pH, the presence of various impurities, such as metals, and in the skin, the enzyme "catalase."

2 H2O2 + catalase ---> 2 H2O + O2

When hydrogen peroxide meets the skin, it always breaks down to water and oxygen. Instead of the oxygen being released on the skin, and escaping back into the atmosphere, as in aqueous solutions, the oxygen released from the emulsion penetrates the skin. Why this happens is very simple. The oil phase of the emulsion offers a resistance to the oxygen, and the skin becomes the path of least resistance. When hydrogen peroxide changes from a liquid to a gas, which is instantaneously, it increases in volume 22.4 times. This increase in volume is what causes the pressure and why it penetrates the skin.

The oxygen is a gas only during this instantaneous reaction. When it penetrates the skin, it is dissolved in the extracellular water and in the capillary plasma. Molecular oxygen, which is a gas, can only exist in the lungs, where through a delicate network of capillaries, the oxygen is dissolved in the blood, carried throughout the body and released to the tissue.

Why Use an Oxygen Emulsion for Skin Care?
There are no blood vessels in the outer layers of the skin. Capillaries are responsible for supplying the skin cells with nutrients, especially in the face skin. As we age, circulation in the capillaries is at best, not very good. The capillaries become less permeable and little or no oxygen and nutrients are exchanged between the cells and the intracellular water. To have healthy skin, it must be properly balanced with the necessary nutrients, good capillary circulation and lymph drainage. The lymph drainage system, as you should know, is responsible for removing the cell wastes.

It is difficult to get enough oxygen to the face skin cells by inhalation, due to the poor capillary action, as mentioned. There is also the problem of dehydration. If the skin cells are not functioning properly, the skin cannot be in optimal condition. The result is a poor skin condition. Normally, the skin renews itself about every 28 days. To properly reproduce, the cells must have the necessary nutrients. The original idea of a massage was to stimulate the blood circulation and thereby increase the nutrient supply, but a massage cannot supply the necessary nutrients.

The oxygen emulsion combined, or used in conjunction with a supply of these nutrients applied before applying the oxygen emulsion, can supply the necessary nutrients. Sound far fetched? It really isn't. It is just basic chemistry, common sense and an understanding of how the oxygen emulsion works.

At the same concentration, hydrogen peroxide in the emulsion is more active than when in an aqueous solution. Skin application of the oxygen emulsion creates a local hyperbaric oxygen treatment, which counteracts oxygen and moisture deficiencies in hypoxic skin cells. When supplied transcutaneously, the oxygen, water and other nutrients travel a very short distance to reach the face skin cells, especially when compared to the distance when the cells are supplied by the circulatory system. The oxygen emulsion also has a very powerful antibacterial effect, as anaerobic bacteria (i.e., propionibacterium acnes) cannot live in oxygen rich environments. This is why the oxygen emulsion is so effective on acne.

The oxygen emulsion acts as a "vehicle" or "carrier" and when it penetrates the skin, it takes the other ingredients with it, if they are of the right molecular size. This unique action allows the oxygen emulsion to supply the cells with everything they need to function normally. When the face skin cells are functioning properly, the cells produce elastin, collagen, and other essential end-products necessary for good skin conditions.

Various ingredients benefical to the skin are added to some products. Some of the ingredients are: Beta-carotene, tocopherol acetate, ascorbyl palmitate, lactic acid, salicylic acid, ceramides, hylauronic acid, sunscreens (SPF-15), urea and yeast extracts to name some.

Now, you are probably thinking, "all this oxygen - what about free radicals?"

In normal cellular metabolism, oxidative reactions continuously take place, which does include the formation of free radicals. But, in a healthy cell environment, these reactions are so short that these free radicals cause no harm. In hypoxic cells, the free radicals remain active much longer, due to the lack of oxygen in the surrounding cells and can damage the cells. Vitamins E and C are in the all the oxygen emulsion products. Both these ingredients are well documented as anti-oxidants.

Very simply, the oxygen emulsion combined with the proper ingredients, can supply the skin cells with what they need to function normally.

Can I prove all of this?

Based on the following referenced information, I believe I can. In the November issue of ALLURE magazine, there was a negative article about "oxygen products." I cannot speak for all the mentioned products, but as far as our emulsion of hydrogen peroxide goes, I can.

One misstatement is the article was, "it's medically impossible to have oxygen penetrate the skin." Apparently, the author and the doctor who made the statement are not aware that there is equipment that can measure the partial pressure of oxygen (pO2) in the skin. The equipment is a Cutaneous pO2 Monitor, available in several modules and is manufactured by Hoffmann-LaRoche & Co. Ltd., Bioelectronics, CH-4002 Basle, Switzerland.

In the opening paragraph of the operating manual, it states:

Principle

Since oxygen gas is able to diffuse through body tissue and skin, it is possible to detect it by means of an electrochemical oxygen sensor applied to the skin surface.

"In order to create local arterialization, the sensor is heated to a constant temperature which is higher than normal baby surface temperature. The sensor allows a quantitative determination of the oxygen partial pressure at the level of the arterialized cutaneous tissue."

In a later paragraph, it states: "A low cutaneous pO2 generally indicates a critical situation which, e.g., may be due to insufficient oxygen supply, respiratory distress, low cardiac output or impaired peripheral circulation."

The equipment is used in neonatal units to monitor the oxygenation state of babies, especially when premature. AURA Research, Ltd., owns such equipment and it is regularly used to prove the increase of pO2, by doing a before and after demonstration of the Oxygen Emulsion Products.

I can prove, by before and after measurements, that the oxygen released from the Oxygen Emulsion penetrates the skin.

There are many medical and lay references that can be sighted in support of my statements. Unfortunately, it would take this whole newsletter to list them all. Just the operating manual of the Cutaneous Monitor, lists 34 medical studies as references, and this was published in the 1970's.

For those of you who may still doubt what I say, I have a very simple solution. Try the products. You have nothing to lose, as they are sold with a money back guarantee.

All the oxygen emulsion products, can be used in conjunction with other product line. But, you must know what the ingredients of the other products are, the oxygen emulsion products, actually penetrate the skin. It is used, in various ways, with glycolic acid. We are also currently evaluating some new combinations of the oxygen emulsion and other ingredients and, we shall be introducing some new, very exciting products.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

References:

1. Webster's Medical Desk Dictionary, Merriam-Webster Inc., Springfield, MA.

2. Advanced Professional Skin Care, Dr. Peter T. Pugliese, M.D., APSC Publishing, 1991.

3. Operating Manual, Cutaneous pO2 Monitor, Module 632, Hoffmann-LaRoche, Basle, Switzerland.

4. Oxygen Oxygen Oxygen, Kurt W. Donsback, D.C., Ph.D., Wholistic Publications, 1991.

5. O2xygen Therapies, Ed McCabe, Energy Publications.

6. H2O2, A Handbook about Hydrogen Peroxide, Eka Nobel, Inc., Bohus, Sweden, 1991.

7. Hydrogen Peroxide, Consumer Products Brochure, Solvay Interox, H5-502, 7/93, AC 2000

8. Peroxygens from Solvay International, HH-267, GP: A..2.6.2, 2/93, AC 2500

Available on request from Hoffmann-LaRoche & Co., A.G.

Hochberg, H.M.: Case Illustrations. Use of the Roche Cutaneous Oxygen Monitor on Adults in the Surgical ICU.

Hochberg, H.M.: A multicenter clinical evaluation of the Roche cutaneous monitor in the Neonatal ICU.

Hochberg, H.M.: pO2 bibliography with special reference to the cutaneous oxygen monitor.
www.auraresearch.com/abasics.htm

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Yep, that DOES sound very similar!

But do they have any patents of their own? Or have they licensed the rights from KH?

Wed May 14, 2008 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
A suggestion... can we move this to a separate thread? hmm
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Yep, that DOES sound very similar!

But do they have any patents of their own? Or have they licensed the rights from KH?

I don't know, but wish I did! I've been swimming in so much information about H202/Oxygen Emulsions lately, that I'm not certain if I came across patent info or not. It is completely possible that KH licensed the formula rights back in the 1990's to Aura, but without some way of contacting the company (Aura), I won't know for certain. I did send them an email yesterday about this issue and am not surprised that I haven't heard back (and doubt I will). The fact that their main phone numbers are disconnected is a telling sign that they've likely *moved* on. I can't wait to find out where the online spa purchases the Aura products from, or if they are simply selling off the remainder of some inventory. If this is the case, then this issue is moot.

I was a bit stunned, however, to be told by the woman I spoke with today that the actual spa sells way more of the Aura brand than it does the Karin Herzog line. It must be the price difference - Aura is cheaper and the product bottles are larger. Some people will opt for the less expensive line, especially if it appears similar. It's a shame that people are possibly missing out on the wonders of KH due to nickles and dimes!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
ScotsLass wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
ScotsLass wrote:

Dont feel bad, her "girls" are the first thing I even looked at wondering where I could get some! Laughing

Crikey, I'm having such pervy thoughts today that I read your comment two completely different ways. Wink I swear, I must have walked through a giant pheromone cloud this morning because the frisk-factor ain't lettin' up in any way! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Scotlass, thanks for all your informative posts. Since starting KH on Sunday again my skin looks wonderful. It is so great to hear the different results that people are getting.
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
From my own experience, I saw immediate and beneficial results within 72 hours of using only three products; the chocolate cleanser, VK1, and the Vit-H Cream. My pores were noticeably reduced on my nose and around my NL area, and my skin tone was rapidly evening out. Now my pores haven't shrunken completely, not yet anyway Wink , but they are improving as time passes. My skin tone is improving more and more as well.

Thanks for the advice on taking the cautious route. It drives me nuts when an aesthetician recommends an aggressive approach for rosacea. It just shows their inexperience, IMHO. I'd say that you found an experienced aesthetician who knows what she's doing! I'll see if I can get samples of the three products you listed above, and go from there.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Never heard this brand....
Do you have any suggestions for normal skin?
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
Rut row. I apologize for being lazy and not wading thru all the back posts. I've been aways for 5+ days....

My skin is fair - a natural strawberry blonde girl - but my skin is not usually sensitive. I don't get many breakouts - any I get seem to be hormonal. I'm 42yo and the area of most concern to me is around my eyes. I have some fine lines -"crow's feet" - and discoloration (bluish) and puffiness under my eyes. I also have some ll and horizontal lines on my forehead but nothing major. I'm interested in the KH line. Not sure if I should just buy one product to start or more.

What would experienced KH users recommend for me?

Thanks..... Laughing

5% products discount

Wed May 14, 2008 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
I got a number of KH samples and was dismayed to see that almost every product's full of mineral oil.
tuningmyheart
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 6:11 am      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:

My skin is fair - a natural strawberry blonde girl - but my skin is not usually sensitive. I don't get many breakouts - any I get seem to be hormonal. I'm 42yo and the area of most concern to me is around my eyes. I have some fine lines -"crow's feet" - and discoloration (bluish) and puffiness under my eyes. I also have some ll and horizontal lines on my forehead but nothing major. I'm interested in the KH line. Not sure if I should just buy one product to start or more.

Thanks..... Laughing

Hi lunarmm-well I am not that experienced yet, just got my order Monday. will tell you what i am trying as your skin issues sound very similar to mine, though i do experience more t-zone oily, especially that time of the month cuasing some breakouts.

I would start with a cleanser, toner and vitaK 1. I also added the total day protection because my fair skin needs some spf all the time- I can freckle without even being outside.
With a little help from my friends here I am cleansing, toning, and using the day protection for the am and cleansing, toning, and vitak1 at night. I had picked up the scrub and mask earlier so am doing those once a week.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 6:21 am      Reply with quote
day three of my KH journey...

thanks again for the advice Bluesheart. I was just following the directions on the products sheet. I only used the vitak in the evening yesterday. Things look better this morning. I continue to notice improvement. This is the time of month when I am prone to breakouts- I had a few when I started on Monday- my face is completely clear now. (Probably part of the reason for more oiliness too- that monthly cycle thing.)

It used to be my face had a very wrinkled look around my mouth when I got up in the morning- like someone had spent the night squeezing my cheeks together, deep lines on both sides. Happy to report that this morning my skin is just as smooth as can be, it really looks fuller, definately smoother and a bit of glow in the cheeks. I keep thinking I must be imagining things, nothing is supposed to work this quickly....

so I took the plunge last night and ordered the body cream, the oxygen foot cream and the hand and nail cream, asked for samples of the eye cream too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Tuning, glad it's working out for you. I'd stick with the pm only for the VitaK for a few weeks to see how it goes.

Sassenach,
Fan of the books, huh? Yes. Mineral oil. We've discussed it and most of us have had no problems with it, regardless of skin type. Kind of odd. Mineral oil is controversial and if it's a problem for you then this isn't a line to try. Good luck in finding something that works for you!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:
Scotlass, thanks for all your informative posts. Since starting KH on Sunday again my skin looks wonderful. It is so great to hear the different results that people are getting.

Cookie - I haven't had any real time to post regularly for a while now, but had the opportunity to indulge yesterday; hence all the 'catch up' posts in this thread! Smile Glad that they have helped. It really amazes me how much of a difference these products can make, and how you notice the difference in your skin so quickly if you've taken a break from them, then start up again. I'm so glad to hear that your skin looks wonderful since you re-introduced KH back into your routine. Smile

I've followed your posts throughout this thread and was impressed to learn how many interesting products you've tried over time. Have you ever tried anything from Intracueticalswww.intraceuticals.com ? While visiting my new Dermatologist's website, I was intrigued to discover that her practice offers a very expensive Intraceuticals Oxygen Facial (it's the exact same one that Madonna has before every show while touring). It really sounds like it delivers some pretty great results. Also interesting to note is that the results are supposed to last a few weeks. Ahhhh....if only money grew on trees!!! Between my new passion of buying more KH products, my yearning to try ALL of the KH facials offered by my new esthetician, and the lure of this Intraceuticals Oxygen Facial at my Derm's office; my CC is in serious, serious trouble - LOL!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:
ScotsLass wrote:
From my own experience, I saw immediate and beneficial results within 72 hours of using only three products; the chocolate cleanser, VK1, and the Vit-H Cream. My pores were noticeably reduced on my nose and around my NL area, and my skin tone was rapidly evening out. Now my pores haven't shrunken completely, not yet anyway Wink , but they are improving as time passes. My skin tone is improving more and more as well.

Thanks for the advice on taking the cautious route. It drives me nuts when an aesthetician recommends an aggressive approach for rosacea. It just shows their inexperience, IMHO. I'd say that you found an experienced aesthetician who knows what she's doing! I'll see if I can get samples of the three products you listed above, and go from there.

Happy to have helped in anyway, Nadjazz. I am about to order some Cleansing Milk to use when I don't require the Chocolate Cleanser (ie/ on days I'm not wearing make-up or in the AM's when I want some additional mild cleansing instead of my microfiber cloth). If you don't wear a lot of make-up, you may want to get a sample of this along with the Chocolate Cleanser, just so you can test the two. The Cleansing Milk is not really suited to remove sunscreens and makeup (mascara, and so on), so if that is a concern then you will want the more powerful Cleanser as a staple.

The only other thing I would inquire about is a sample of the Vita-A-Kombi Facial Oil. This oil is supposedly excellent as a base before you apply the VK1 or VK2 cream, and is particularly beneficial for those with dry skin. Another purpose of this oil, other than the hydrating and skin balancing properties, is that it prevents your skin from rapidly absorbing the Vita-A-Kombi creams (1% or 2%). The technology behind the Vita-A-Kombi oxygen creams means they are rapidly pushed into your skin the moment they are applied. The oil acts as a gentle layer or buffer to allow your skin some extra time to acclimate to the VK1 or VK2 when you first begin using these creams. I did not have any problems using the VK1 directly on cleansed skin, but some might in the beginning due to the rapid absorption of oxygen (which might cause some dryness or break-outs). This information/advice was provided in the little product booklet I received with my samples.

I just thought I should mention the Milk Cleanser and Vita-A-Kombi Oil as something else to consider, sample wise. My skin was very happy with the three products I initially started with, and I cannot see you going wrong with those, but hey, if you are able to sample a few extra products suitable for your skin type, then by all means try to get them! Smile
www.shop.karinherzog.co.uk/pdf/A5-Vita-A-Kombi-Facial-Oil.pdf

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:

Thanks..... Laughing

Hey luna! What constitutes as a "experienced KH user" to you? Smile I've only been using a handful of the the products for a month and broken up my testing phases into two week periods. I was given 7 product samples from the get go and tested 4-5 products for two weeks, then dropped two products and introduced two more to test for another two week period. In week 5, where I am now, I have dropped one product and replaced it with another new one, which I will continue to use with the others I've been using for the past two weeks. It really does take some time to play around and tweak your routine until you find what works best for you. Though some websites, such as the UK one, try to offer skin type "kits", they are more guidelines to get you going. I met several people who are in their 20's and do not have dry or 'mature' skin, yet they love the Vita-A-Apricot as as boosting night cream on occasion. So don't be afraid of exploring other products down the road even if they claim to be 'more' suitable for a skin type that is different from your own.

This excerpt was taken from the KH-UK website and is a kit for those over 30 with normal skin.

Helps to balance even the finest of skin types.
Ideal for sensitive, normal balanced or slightly dehydrated skin.

Kit Contains:
Professional Cleansing Cream - 50ml
Tonic Lotion - 200ml
Vita-A-Kombi Facial Oil - 14ml
Vita-A-Kombi 1 - 55ml

I've tried the Prof-C-Cream and Vita-A-Kombi 1% (both are great) and have on order the Vita-A-Kombi Facial Oil as something I will use if needed with the Vita-A-Kombi 2% (the verbiage on this oil is hard to resist and is geared to be used with the Kombi Creams). As for the Toner, I've passed on it for now. Scally has recently found it breaks her out and it sounds like she doesn't want to keep it anymore, so you might want to contact her about her bottle, if you're interested.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
OMG Shock Shock !!! You gals really are obsessed Very Happy Laughing. I was away for only 3 days and there are 6 new pages of posts !! And all that research Shock Confused !!! My head is spinning Embarassed.

My order hasn't shipped yet, and I'm starting to feel uber impatient Mad . I just went through a very nasty breakout phase (don't know what's going on, but my face is covered in read scars Sad ), so I really need my KH stuff!

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
If I have to pick only one KH product to try, what should I pick? My skin is dry and mature with fine lines. I'm over 60.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
That's a hard one, ruk1! My suggestion would be Vita-A-Apricot, but ONLY after you have obtained enough samples of Vita-A-Kombi 1% to test every day for at least a SOLID week. The Vita-A-Apricot has double the oxygen in it and some people can find this drys out the skin or triggers breakouts temporarily.

Everything I've read, regardless of skin type, suggests you really should acclimate your skin with Vita-A-Kombi 1% for one to two weeks before you try anything else. Samples of both Vita-A-Kombi 1% and Vita-A-Apricot are obtainable, so try to get enough to test both for at least a week each before you make any full-size commitments.

Oh, forgot to add, don't be tempted to go directly to Vita-A-Apricot without prepping your skin first for a week with Vita-A-Kombi-1%. I believe (but am not 100% sure) that another member did that a while ago and she did not have good results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Scottslass. Have you tried the oxygen face cream and oxygen eye cream? I saw that EDS carries both of these products. I can even get 10% discount if I order from EDS. Is there any other place that sells cheaper than EDS?
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, and I forgot to ask where does everyone get samples of KH products? Are they on ebay?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |