Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ladies,
I've been offline because storms knocked out electricity.

I hope I'm answering everyone's questions. I've been using the Essential Mask two nights a week. Sometimes I had the vita k oil, sometimes not. Last night I forgot it was Essential night and I applied my H so I just went ahead and put the essential over the H. My skin looked extra pretty today. Someone asked me if sleep in the mask and the answer is yes. Right before I go to sleep I massage what hasn't absorbed. I think I get better results leaving it on.

Bethany, veryyy funny.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
blesstd wrote:
For anyone using the Oxy FC, how are you using it? As a mask or applying it daily? If applying it daily, are you adding any other products before it - i.e., Vit H, apricot oil, etc?

I'm using the Oxy FC daily on top of a sample of Vit H. I'm running out of my samples and trying to decide which to order next; I have the Oxy FC and Mild Scrub. Because the Oxy FC does not have the Vit A & E like the Vit A Kombi products, I'm wondering if I'm "missing" out on something. Also, do you think the Vit H is a "must have" basic? I've liked the sample but don't have much to compare it with.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Blesstd,
You can do either with the Oxy Face. I know some people use the OF in the morning and a Kombi in the pm. Personally, for me the H is a must have.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
blesstd wrote:
I'm using the Oxy FC daily on top of a sample of Vit H. I'm running out of my samples and trying to decide which to order next; I have the Oxy FC and Mild Scrub. Because the Oxy FC does not have the Vit A & E like the Vit A Kombi products, I'm wondering if I'm "missing" out on something.

Blesstd, after reading the KH patent info and all the studies on collagen regeneration associated with rolling, I really think that the Vita Kombi's are the way to go if you are looking for skin rejuventation...Vit A is essential to collagen production, as is Vit C.

5% products discount

Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:00 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
clearskindiva wrote:
OMG, Bethany, you are sooo funny! Thanks for making me laugh out loud. Laughing Laughing Laughing
I can't wait to try the vit H.
I did notice that the silouette cream helped my bad cut on my hand to heal in two days perfectly.
So much for the problems they say hydrogen peroxide causes...they said it slows down the healing- NOT!
My mother is using the oxygen face cream on spots of rosacea and undetermined irritation that was itchy and now her skin is soooo much better. The dermatologist had given her medicine and had lasered the bumps and they still wouldn't heal, til she started putting the oxygen face cream on daily. Just only on the spots, not her whole face.

CSDiva,

You actually don't want to use HP on DEEP cuts after an initial cleaning, because studies have shown that the bubbles can disrupt the wound healing. But it is fine for that initial cleaning, and for surface wounds.

Oh, Thanks. I only use it on paper cuts, not anything worse! i get little cuts from trimming the dogs nails and house work etc.
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany Are you trying to CONVINCE ME AGAIN LOL. Jeepers, I am so up in the air as it is. All I know is I love the DERMAROLLER. SOLD!!!

Now for your gals in the sun belts are you using the Sun Protection cream from KH. I have protection in my Laura Mercier primer. If I am in major sun then I use major sun block.

And Bethany I am with you on the Vitamin H during the day. I don't even use the KH products but I am also fair and anything that would turn my skin a little more yellow, no way.

For combo skin, what about these drops during the day. Wouldn't an oily combo girl turn into a grease pit?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
platinumrose wrote:
Bethany Are you trying to CONVINCE ME AGAIN LOL. Jeepers, I am so up in the air as it is. All I know is I love the DERMAROLLER. SOLD!!!

Now for your gals in the sun belts are you using the Sun Protection cream from KH. I have protection in my Laura Mercier primer. If I am in major sun then I use major sun block.

And Bethany I am with you on the Vitamin H during the day. I don't even use the KH products but I am also fair and anything that would turn my skin a little more yellow, no way.

For combo skin, what about these drops during the day. Wouldn't an oily combo girl turn into a grease pit?

Platinum, stick with the dermaroller and Elysee products for the next 3 to 6 months...if you don't see any changes, THEN think about doing something differently. Smile

I personally do not wear sunscreen every day, because I spend VERY little time out of the house. In fact, I generally only leave the house to grab a sandwich during the work week, and I am gone no more than 15 mins (most of that time is in the sandwich shop!)

However, I have one of those cling-on baby sunshields on my car window (2 for $3.98 at Target), and if I am going to be gone for more than 15 mins, I always wear very high SPF sunscreen (the KH wouldn't cut it for me).

Oh, and I just invested in a couple of hats from Coolibar, one of which I keep in my car just in case I decide to stop somewhere (along with some sunscreen).

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:06 am      Reply with quote
blesstd wrote:
For anyone using the Oxy FC, how are you using it? As a mask or applying it daily? If applying it daily, are you adding any other products before it - i.e., Vit H, apricot oil, etc?

I'm using the Oxy FC daily on top of a sample of Vit H. I'm running out of my samples and trying to decide which to order next; I have the Oxy FC and Mild Scrub. Because the Oxy FC does not have the Vit A & E like the Vit A Kombi products, I'm wondering if I'm "missing" out on something. Also, do you think the Vit H is a "must have" basic? I've liked the sample but don't have much to compare it with.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Blesstd,
I use Oxy FC several days a week (3-4) only in the morning, and i use it as a cream on it's own (nothing underneath or on top of Oxy FC). I do use Vit H at night (3-4 nights a week) under VK2 and I love it. I personally have not noticed that Vit H stains my skin, but it does make it a bit oilier, so that's why I avoid it during the day. Perhaps in the winter it will perfect for day.
For me, Vita Kombis and Vit H are a must. Oxy FC is great for those with occasional breakouts, eczema, rosacea, etc.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
tuningmyheart
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:17 am      Reply with quote
platinumrose wrote:

Platinumrose- I am in Texas and have the day protection- it is a very low spf so I still use my MMU on top. I do not think I would purchase this one again for that reason- low spf, and I certainly have not needed to stay hydrated.

I also started using the vk oil on my combo skin and was surprised that I was not an oil slick in the t-zone. Am wondering if what I once read in a natural skin care manual about oiliness in "older" women being the result of glands trying to make up for what we take away with our routines, by adding that oil my skin does not need to produce so much on its own. I am limiting my use to cheeks and dry areas right around my mouth though on those high humidity days this summer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
platinumrose wrote:
Even though I am not going forward with the KH, I thought I would post the regime that was sent to me from the UK in case it might help someone else. I am combination skin (oily T-zone) 55 and wanting to get rid of my wrinkles on my cheeks!

May I ask what made you decide against the KH line?
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you to all of you who responded to my question about Oxy FC, Vit H and Vit A Kombi. I just knew I was missing something not buying the Vit A Kombi!! I'll start with my sample Vit A Kombi 1 and hopefully that will be enough so I can order the 2 along with the Vit H.

Besides having smoother skin, I've also noticed my t-zone is no longer an oil slick like it used to be. I'm still working on the blackheads on my nose but they do look much, much better than it's ever been. And that one blackhead that used to stare at me, that spot has lightened considerably and is no longer clogged. Amazing stuff!
peppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
Ogh, ugh, sigh! Shock I am reading all your reviews and bending under pressure Rolling Eyes. I think I will just have to place my next order before my one month test is over. Now, i simply have to have the Essential Mask asap Cool. I've been using Vit. H. under VK2 for a couple of weeks now (or more), and I just love the results. If Vit. H under Essential is even better . . . Drool . . . well, you know what I mean, right Wink .

I have been reading ALL your reviews with avid interest and finally took the plunge! OMG after only 2 days, my skin is so much smoother (gone are the ever-annoying, undiagnosable bumps that have never gone away despite multiple facials and expensive treatments)! I have just put in my next order ALREADY! I am 41, paranoid about wrinkles, normal to oily skin, occasional breakouts of big, sore, headless spots, skincare junkie ++++!!
tuningmyheart
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Peppy, glad to hear you are experiencing good results. What products are you using and thinking about trying in the future?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
tuningmyheart wrote:
Peppy, glad to hear you are experiencing good results. What products are you using and thinking about trying in the future?

Great news Peppy. Be warned, you MIGHT get some bumps that are working they're way out. We're always happy to have another convert.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Blessdt,
You might want to stick with the Oxy face until you have those blackheads taken care of. I can't remember, do you have the cleanser? That's a definite too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone used the Tonic lotion? I really want to buy up the whole line and that is one of the products that I do not have.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:
Has anyone used the Tonic lotion? I really want to buy up the whole line and that is one of the products that I do not have.

I think it was one of the products Scally had trouble with. I'm curious too Cookie. I was thinking it would be nice for the mornings.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Blues, Platinumrose was recommended by KHUK to use this. I read that it is used to re-balance the PH in the skin after cleansing. I just LOVE this whole line that I am itching to buy another product. I am also wanting to try the AHA cream since it is only 1% acid.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:
Blues, Platinumrose was recommended by KHUK to use this. I read that it is used to re-balance the PH in the skin after cleansing. I just LOVE this whole line that I am itching to buy another product. I am also wanting to try the AHA cream since it is only 1% acid.

Oh. Cookie, I got a sample of the AHA with my body duo. I've used it twice now. Not enough to give you some feedback though. I was also considering the shimmer oil and the body scrub. I am so bad.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
I am bad too, LOL. Let me know if you see any results from the AHA cream? I hate when there is a limited amount of products. I still have the chocolate products that I really haven't tried because I love the vitamin H/Kombi too much, but I will get around to it. My feet feel really soft with the silhouette cream so I might look at the feet stuff. I am seriously an addict!
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Blues, I was about to buy the prof cleanser but then saw a post that the choc cleansing cream was also a favorite. I just ordered the Vit H and asked for a sample of choc cleanser & vit A Kombi 2. You're right about the Oxy FC, I will continue with it for a while because I am seeing results like I've never had with blackheads. I'm still using the sample I have of the prof cleanser too.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
cookie wrote:

I think it was one of the products Scally had trouble with. I'm curious too Cookie. I was thinking it would be nice for the mornings.

I ordered it Embarassed , but it's not here yet...I'll let you know what I think.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Oh good bethany, you sound like you are as bad as me and Blues. Very Happy Very Happy
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
blesstd,
You probably need to scrub if you don't have it. Here's my thoughts on the both of the cleansers, professional and chocolate. After 7 days of using the Choco, tonight I went back to the original cleanser. After cleansing with the pro, my skin feels somewhat more dry versus how it feels after the choco. I'm interested to see what the oilier girls think. So, for those who tend to be dry the choco might be an option.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:
Oh good bethany, you sound like you are as bad as me and Blues. Very Happy Very Happy

You might be right there! Very Happy I have really hard water and am addicted to toner in the AM, so I thought it might be a good option. It has finally shipped, so I should have it in a few days.

BTW, I started using my VK3 on the tops of my hands and on the pigmentation on the sides of my face last night...I am only using it once a day so that I don't cause those areas to erupt in hives too, sigh. (no oxygen or actives until my chest is completely healed, though I did put Vit H on it tonight)

Interestingly, I haven't had any of those sebum bumps you guys have mentioned, but I have had a couple of little tiny, tiny zits that disappeared in a day.

However, even prior to the VK3 I started to see a little lightening of the pigmentation, so between this, the 302 Lightening, and the rolling I think I have it covered!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
Blues, yup, I do have the mild scrub too and really like it. I use it 3 x a week after cleansing. I'm thinking I may very well like the choc cleanser too since I tend to be on the dry side now that I have "mature skin". :roll
The good part is I think I'll be pleased with either cleanser - prof or choc.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |