Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber De-Tox Hydrating Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Orlane Oligo Hypoallergenique Cleanser Lotion Duo (2 items) Gatineau Melatogenine AOX Probiotics Youth Activating Beauty Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)
Review: Karin Herzog skincare

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Author Message
blesstd
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Nov 2007
Posts: 233
Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, just thought I'd check in now that it's been about a month since I've been using the Vit A Apricot.

Initially, I started out using th Prof Cleanser at night only, Oxy FC, Vit H and scrub (about 3 x per week). Like graceless_lady posted, I experienced dryness using the Oxy FC which subsided after adding the Vit H. (I have mature skin, hyperpigmentation and my greatest challenge were blackheads/clogged pores.) The blackheads, although improved, still persisted.

About a month ago I added the Vit A Apricot using it in place of the Oxy FC (keeping this for occasional breakouts and weekly mask). After the Prof Cleanser, I continued to apply the Vit H first followed by the Vit A Apricot. My skin continued to be smooth but I did not notice any significant improvement with the blackheads. Then quite by accident I discovered if I put the Vit A Apricot first, (I usually wait an hour), then apply the Vit H, the next morning my skin looks so refreshed and supple! I was so excited but didn't want to post until I was sure it wasn't just my imagination.

It's now been about a week since I've been applying the Vit A Apricot first and I feel confident in saying my skin is noticeably improved - smooth, soft, rested looking - and the blackheads are about 70% improved. The most stubborn ones are on my nose. One thing that's puzzling to me is that the blackheads will clear but then the pore will become clogged again - no longer looking like a blackhead but more like sebum stuck in the pore (don't know how else to describe this). I am guessing the oxygen is addressing the blackheads but my facial oil production is clogging the pores which makes me think perhaps it's better to address this with diet and not only skincare. So now I'm eating healthier and drinking lots of water daily hoping I see even better results in the next several weeks.

I usually use the KH products at night only; in the AM, PSF moisturizer and Neutrogena sunscreen. But because those clogged pores are raining on my parade, I may start out slowly with using the Vit A Apricot in the AM as well, possibly just 3 times a week and see how it goes.

If anyone has any advice to offer, plse do let me know. Thanks for listening!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
blesstd wrote:
Hi everyone, just thought I'd check in now that it's been about a month since I've been using the Vit A Apricot.

Initially, I started out using th Prof Cleanser at night only, Oxy FC, Vit H and scrub (about 3 x per week). Like graceless_lady posted, I experienced dryness using the Oxy FC which subsided after adding the Vit H. (I have mature skin, hyperpigmentation and my greatest challenge were blackheads/clogged pores.) The blackheads, although improved, still persisted.

About a month ago I added the Vit A Apricot using it in place of the Oxy FC (keeping this for occasional breakouts and weekly mask). After the Prof Cleanser, I continued to apply the Vit H first followed by the Vit A Apricot. My skin continued to be smooth but I did not notice any significant improvement with the blackheads. Then quite by accident I discovered if I put the Vit A Apricot first, (I usually wait an hour), then apply the Vit H, the next morning my skin looks so refreshed and supple! I was so excited but didn't want to post until I was sure it wasn't just my imagination.

It's now been about a week since I've been applying the Vit A Apricot first and I feel confident in saying my skin is noticeably improved - smooth, soft, rested looking - and the blackheads are about 70% improved. The most stubborn ones are on my nose. One thing that's puzzling to me is that the blackheads will clear but then the pore will become clogged again - no longer looking like a blackhead but more like sebum stuck in the pore (don't know how else to describe this). I am guessing the oxygen is addressing the blackheads but my facial oil production is clogging the pores which makes me think perhaps it's better to address this with diet and not only skincare. So now I'm eating healthier and drinking lots of water daily hoping I see even better results in the next several weeks.

I usually use the KH products at night only; in the AM, PSF moisturizer and Neutrogena sunscreen. But because those clogged pores are raining on my parade, I may start out slowly with using the Vit A Apricot in the AM as well, possibly just 3 times a week and see how it goes.

If anyone has any advice to offer, plse do let me know. Thanks for listening!


I'm happy you've found the best use of these great products for you. Since you've been using the VitaKA a month why don't you try using it in the am as well. Try every other day at first and see how you do. Can't wait to hear, Blesstd!

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
shibagirl
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Aug 2008
Posts: 2
Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:22 am      Reply with quote
graceless_lady... Thank you so much for the tips. I have ordered the Professional Cleanser and the OFC from JoElla and requested samples of the VK1. I will keep you posted with the results.




graceless_lady wrote:
Hi there, Shibagirl. KH can be very good for combination skin; it has entirely eradicated my t-zone, and there are a couple of KH products that can be combined to avoid dryness whilst also fighting acne.

Although KH has been mainly wonderful for me (except for my chin!), what I would advise any new KH user is the same advice I received - get samples. I would also advise any new EDS member that just because a thread is very long does not necessarily mean it's the best product. There is a wealth of wisdom on this forum but it is easy to get carried away and spend a lot of money. Carry on doing your research for what is best for your skin, and invest in samples first whenever possible.

But to try and answer your question: Oxygen Face is known to be good for acne, but I found it drying on my more mature skin (though others have put it over the VK-Oil or Vit H to combat the dryness). My own regimen is Professional Cleansing, Vita-Kombi-1, Vita-Kombi-Oil and Vit H Cream with the Essential Mask as an occasional treatment. I occasionally have a few days off and use Retin-A. But we're all different, so I would suggest you email JoElla with a detailed list of your skin type and desired outcomes, buy one or two products that she suggests and ask for a few samples.

Good luck if you decide to take the plunge - I think it's a wonderful line and I've been delighted with my results.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 20 May 2007
Posts: 1001
Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if EDS offers KH samples?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Jan 2008
Posts: 1759
Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
Does anyone know if EDS offers KH samples?


Someone said a little earlier in this thread that EDS does now have KH samples.
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Nov 2006
Posts: 452
Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
And nice to hear Bren, that you think the Tonus is as moisturizing as I do. Not many people have commented on these products.


You are right. The Tonus doesn't get as much press as the Silhouette but I love it for my skin. After 6+ weeks of using it, I have to say that it provides a deep down moisturization rather than a surface, temporary one. My skin has a velvety feel that I have never gotten before. Love this stuff!!
Manon20
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Mar 2008
Posts: 67
Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
I found a spa here in Montréal who give a facial of KH, i have a appointment Tuesday, cannot wait to see what she will do and what she will advise me for my skin.

After 3 weeks with the silhouette i think this cream is extra and i will repurchase for sure.

My skin is so smooth, more firm.

I put it 2 time a day for 3 weeks and he really work for me.

for 3 days now i put it 1 time a day with the toner.

The toner is very moisturizing like Bluesheart and Brenpatsa wrote.
jf
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Nov 2007
Posts: 192
Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
ruk1 wrote:
Does anyone know if EDS offers KH samples?


Someone said a little earlier in this thread that EDS does now have KH samples.


I got some KH sample with my latest order from EDS. Also, JoElla is very generous sending KH samples as well.
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Nov 2006
Posts: 452
Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know how to find a U.S. spa that uses KH products? (Well, I know that JoElla does in Calif. but I am in VA, near Washington, DC).

I am so jealous of you ladies who are getting KH facial treatments!! (yeah, yeah..I know that I could do one at home with all of my stash but we all know that just isn't the same!!! Laughing Laughing )
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
Does anyone know how to find a U.S. spa that uses KH products? (Well, I know that JoElla does in Calif. but I am in VA, near Washington, DC).

I am so jealous of you ladies who are getting KH facial treatments!! (yeah, yeah..I know that I could do one at home with all of my stash but we all know that just isn't the same!!! Laughing Laughing )


Good Luck Bren. I called the main KH number here in the states to ask about one in Chicago. I wasn't impressed and they quite obviously only seem to care about distribution versus service. She took my name and number and someone called me back to say try Google. Yes, you heard that right. I'm thinking JoE might be a better source. She might know someone from being in business. If you find something, let us know, sing it from the rooftops, sister.

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
Does anyone know how to find a U.S. spa that uses KH products? (Well, I know that JoElla does in Calif. but I am in VA, near Washington, DC).



This might get you half way there, it's a "Spa Index" for Virginia....Now you just have to see if any offer the KH treatments;.. Very Happy

http://www.spaindex.com/day/usa/virginia.html

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
dasani
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2008
Posts: 10
Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ladies,

I happened to come across this thread by accident and was very interested in the KH line after reading about 15 pages of the discussion here.

Are there anyone from Canada here and have ordered from JoElla? I would like to buy the starter kit from her, however, I'm not sure if the product will be subject to custom/duty fee? If it's too much fuzz with the whole custom issue then I think I will order from EDS Wink

Thanks a lot for your help ^^ I'm anxious to give this product a try!!
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Posts: 1034
Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:25 am      Reply with quote
dasani wrote:
Hi ladies,

I happened to come across this thread by accident and was very interested in the KH line after reading about 15 pages of the discussion here.

Are there anyone from Canada here and have ordered from JoElla? I would like to buy the starter kit from her, however, I'm not sure if the product will be subject to custom/duty fee? If it's too much fuzz with the whole custom issue then I think I will order from EDS Wink

Thanks a lot for your help ^^ I'm anxious to give this product a try!!


I was going to order from JoElla because she seemed so nice with everyone, but I was afraid of the custom charges also. She had told me her shipping charges were exactly what she was charged, but a few pages back someone said the shipping to Canada was $30 or something crazy like that (I never confirmed that with JoElla though). With the EDS discount and cheap shipping charges, EDS is probably the way to go.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 20 May 2007
Posts: 1001
Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
jf wrote:
jom wrote:
ruk1 wrote:
Does anyone know if EDS offers KH samples?


Someone said a little earlier in this thread that EDS does now have KH samples.


I got some KH sample with my latest order from EDS. Also, JoElla is very generous sending KH samples as well.


This is great news. EDS seems like the way to go. The discount you get is amazing since you're a forum member. However, the only problem with ordering from EDS is you have to know what you want because EDS doesn't give you advice like Jo Ella.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 20 May 2007
Posts: 1001
Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
ruk1 wrote:
sister sweets wrote:
Hello jf - I use the eye cream and I don't think one of the main indications for it is actual lifting. I could be wrong (it's been known to happen Laughing P.

My perspective on the eye cream is that it brightens and clarifies and smooths. I did a long experiment using the KH cream vs others (all high end) and the Kh definitely came ahead in those areas.

The professional cleanser is one of my favorites. I love it. Use it every night - kind of a treat really. I look forward to it. If you don't have the essentail mask I recommend this also. It's a lovely product.


Does the eye cream help with fine lines and wrinkles?


I found it smoothed the area around the skin very nicely. Had a brighter, more toned appearance - my favorite eye cream ever.


That sounds great, sister sweets. Thank you for the information.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 20 May 2007
Posts: 1001
Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
ruk1 wrote:
sister sweets wrote:
Hello jf - I use the eye cream and I don't think one of the main indications for it is actual lifting. I could be wrong (it's been known to happen Laughing P.

My perspective on the eye cream is that it brightens and clarifies and smooths. I did a long experiment using the KH cream vs others (all high end) and the Kh definitely came ahead in those areas.

The professional cleanser is one of my favorites. I love it. Use it every night - kind of a treat really. I look forward to it. If you don't have the essentail mask I recommend this also. It's a lovely product.


Does the eye cream help with fine lines and wrinkles?


Don't mean to interupt this conversation but just thought I'd report that I've found that the KH Vitamin H cream topped with the KH Vita Kombi oil has helped plump-up the fine lines under my eyes a great deal! Razz


What is the Vit H cream supposed to be good for? How is it used? Is it in lieu of VK1?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Jan 2008
Posts: 1759
Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
jom wrote:
ruk1 wrote:
sister sweets wrote:
Hello jf - I use the eye cream and I don't think one of the main indications for it is actual lifting. I could be wrong (it's been known to happen Laughing P.

My perspective on the eye cream is that it brightens and clarifies and smooths. I did a long experiment using the KH cream vs others (all high end) and the Kh definitely came ahead in those areas.

The professional cleanser is one of my favorites. I love it. Use it every night - kind of a treat really. I look forward to it. If you don't have the essentail mask I recommend this also. It's a lovely product.


Does the eye cream help with fine lines and wrinkles?


Don't mean to interupt this conversation but just thought I'd report that I've found that the KH Vitamin H cream topped with the KH Vita Kombi oil has helped plump-up the fine lines under my eyes a great deal! Razz


What is the Vit H cream supposed to be good for? How is it used? Is it in lieu of VK1?


The Vitamin H is a very versatile cream (it's a real find!) it can be used on its own or under or over the Kombis. I have used it alone with the Kombi oil on top, under the Essential mask and under Kombi 1 and just love it. I use it as my eye cream, topped with the Kombi oil and I think it's the best eye treatment I've ever used. I did try a sample of the eye cream and liked that too but I don't think it's necessary while using the H and the Kombi 1.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Jan 2008
Posts: 1759
Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
shibagirl wrote:
Good Morning! I am new to this board but was reading some of your reviews and wanted to ask a few questions.

I am interested in trying Karin Herzog products but I am so confused as to what to use. My skin is dehydrated and oily. I am very dry around my nose and mouth but that could be from treating the acne there. I am oily by the end of the day.

does anyone have any advice on what products to use?


Hi Shibagirl, According to the brochure, this is the recommended oxygen cream to use:

*Under 30 years - Use Oxygen Face Cream

*30-50 years (normal Celtic, fine skin) - Use Vita Kombi 1

*30-50 years (acne or breakouts) - Use Vita Kombi 2

*30-50 years (dry skin) - Use Vita A Apricot

*30-50 years (hormonal problematic skin and women approaching, going through or post menopause) - Use Choco2

What do we do after we hit 50?! That's less than 5 years away for me!

Here is a link to the product brochure:
http://www.karinherzog.co.uk/pdf/Product-Brochure.pdf
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Oct 2004
Posts: 351
Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing Jom,

I saw the same online brochure but never really noticed that it stopped at 50. That is too funny! What are we suppose to do???
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 10 Aug 2004
Posts: 960
Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
I am sure that within the gajillion pages of this truly amazing KH thread that there is an answer....I am about to take the plunge - I resisted since the start of this thread, but now....not so much. Laughing As a note I did wait until I finished my NIA24....I used Nia24 for a solid 3 months - I don't hate it - but I don't believe I love it...so I'm ready to move on....

I am trying to choose the three most vital things (or four) for my foray into KH - so I'm thinking the Professional Cleansing Cream the VK1, and one or two other things - an oil? the K cream? So my question is - what is the biggest differnce between the Apricot Oil and the regular oil? Do they do different things?

I'm holding off on the eye cream b/c I may just be in love with PSF's new one.

Thank you so much! Very Happy

Maria

_________________
Maria, early 50's, post meno, normal to dry skin, more dry in winter, some sun damage...
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Jan 2008
Posts: 1759
Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:
Laughing Jom,

I saw the same online brochure but never really noticed that it stopped at 50. That is too funny! What are we suppose to do???


Laughing I don't know! I think that is so odd, to put an age limit on a product. Confused Seems a little ageist. Laughing I guess we'll have to ask Karin Herzog herself to see what she does, she's way past 50.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Jan 2008
Posts: 1759
Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thought I'd share this link, it's about the new KH Camomile cream, it says the Rose won't be launched until Spring 2009 but I'm not sure that's right.

http://talkingmakeup.com/skincare/karin-herzog-new-camomille-face-cream-launching-holiday-2008/
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Nov 2006
Posts: 452
Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:

*Under 30 years - Use Oxygen Face Cream

*30-50 years (normal Celtic, fine skin) - Use Vita Kombi 1

*30-50 years (acne or breakouts) - Use Vita Kombi 2

*30-50 years (dry skin) - Use Vita A Apricot

*30-50 years (hormonal problematic skin and women approaching, going through or post menopause) - Use Choco2

What do we do after we hit 50?! That's less than 5 years away for me!

Here is a link to the product brochure:
http://www.karinherzog.co.uk/pdf/Product-Brochure.pdf


I saw this in the new brochure last week and wondered the same thing about the age brackets! Is there no hope after 50 or what? Laughing

I wonder what is in the Choco2 that makes it especially beneficial to those experiencing hormonal-related skin problems?? What do you all think?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 5982
Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
Mariav wrote:
I am trying to choose the three most vital things (or four) for my foray into KH - so I'm thinking the Professional Cleansing Cream the VK1, and one or two other things - an oil? the K cream? So my question is - what is the biggest differnce between the Apricot Oil and the regular oil? Do they do different things?

I'm holding off on the eye cream b/c I may just be in love with PSF's new one.

Thank you so much! Very Happy

Maria


Hi Maria - I love (really!) the professional cleansing cream - I have both the regular formula and the chocolate and the regular to me is superior.
I use the VK2 for regular use. I also use Oxygen as a base for a facial - along with the Essential Masque.

I love the eye cream from Karin Herzog the most Of any I've tried - for me it was better than PSF. PSF iss a good reliable eye product however.

The oils and Vit K I don't think would do much for me. What is your skin type - this might help us help you to make a decision.

BTW: I have combo-oily skin.
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 10 Aug 2004
Posts: 960
Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Mariav wrote:
I am trying to choose the three most vital things (or four) for my foray into KH - so I'm thinking the Professional Cleansing Cream the VK1, and one or two other things - an oil? the K cream? So my question is - what is the biggest differnce between the Apricot Oil and the regular oil? Do they do different things?

I'm holding off on the eye cream b/c I may just be in love with PSF's new one.

Thank you so much! Very Happy

Maria


Hi Maria - I love (really!) the professional cleansing cream - I have both the regular formula and the chocolate and the regular to me is superior.
I use the VK2 for regular use. I also use Oxygen as a base for a facial - along with the Essential Masque.

I love the eye cream from Karin Herzog the most Of any I've tried - for me it was better than PSF. PSF iss a good reliable eye product however.

The oils and Vit K I don't think would do much for me. What is your skin type - this might help us help you to make a decision.

BTW: I have combo-oily skin.


Oh, thanks sooo much for the reply. It's a tad overwhelming! Holy moly! Laughing

I am a dry gal - well - normal to dry actually, but on the drier side. Are the VK 1 and 2 like your daily moisturizers or do you use a moisturizer over them? I will assume I'll still use my SkinMedica C serum first, then the VK - I'm going to start with the VK1 - unless I think my skin can handle the VK2.

I am def. getting the Professional Cleansing Cream. That I know.

So now I'm looking for the add ons - I figured I'd get an oil b/c my skin does tend to be dry but if they're not too too special, then maybe not.

I really do love PSF's newly formulated eyecream, so I'll hold off on ordering that for now - maybe I'll just try a sample if they're available.

Again, thanks so much for your advice.

Maria Laughing

_________________
Maria, early 50's, post meno, normal to dry skin, more dry in winter, some sun damage...
System
Automatic Message
Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Pevonia Spa Clinica Pro Micro-Retinol Essential Moisturizer (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Tanda ZAP - White Gatineau Melatogenine AOX Probiotics Youth Activating Beauty Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)