Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Fat Burner from NOTCH
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:29 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Never Over The Hill's fat burning lotion for approximately four weeks. So since I'm in review mode, I thought I'd add this as well.

About me: I'm a smidge under 5'9" and I weigh anywhere between 126 and 129 pounds. Since having my last baby I'd noticed this low back fat that was driving me nuts. I'd put my hand back there and think "WHAT IS THIS"? Since having my two surgeries it had seemed to be worse. Thus my decision to try the fat burner. In reading this, please be clear that I'm a self employed fitness professional and that I work out regularly, normally twice a day. Toning, flexibility in the morning and I do my cardio in the evening.

Results: This stuff ROCKS! I measured my waist and hips prior to starting so I had a clear number I was working with. The first three weeks I applied the lotion *for lack of a better word* only to the area I was targeting, prior to working out. Both am and pm. The last week, because I was running low, I only applied before my cardio workout. At the the two week point in talking to a client, I reached back and touched my low back and was very surprised to feel less back fat. I then reached behind to the left and while that side seemed to have less, the right side was most definitely smaller than the left. I panicked a little and emailed John right off the back and we decided that this was probably a result of my workout. *whew* I chose to not measure myself until this morning and I'm very happy to say that I've reduced the fat in that area by approximately 3/4 of an inch. Hooray!
I'm all out of the product at this time but I'd like to reorder more and continue to use it only in the evenings.

The lotion is a dark, odd textured lotion. In no way could this be considered a cosmetically elegant product. It also has a distinct odor. I smell coffee primarily with some other odors that I don't recognize. It is runny so you can make a bit of a mess during application, especially if you're applying this to your back side. Wink I would not apply this while standing on carpeting...and have a rag handy to wipe up any spills or splashes. It comes with some explicit directions to use it on one body part at a time. It is not meant to be used all over. Choose one body part and use it in that area til you get results you want and then if needed, move onto another part of your body. The directions warn that upon first application you may feel a warm/hot sensation. That was not my experience. I felt it as a more cool texture. Like Bio Freeze or Icy Hot but not much heat. The directions also said that the skin can initially appear red. I didn't notice that either. The recommendation is to use it prior to exercise. I'm not sure what would happen if you wore it and didn't work out. A word of warning, do not wear light clothing. It will leave a noticeable stain so stick to dark clothing.

Feel free to PM me should you have any questions.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:40 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart I am doing something quite the same. I am using JansonBeckett's Profile. After being laid up for one year after surgery I gained 15lbs. Finally I joined a gym and watching my food intake. Where I am older I was very concerned about getting flabby from weight loss. I have been applying JB's Profile daily after a hot shower. It leaves me with hot, red skin temporarily. Within 5 minutes it settles down. At first this sensation scared me but kind of like it now. I must say that my skin is staying firm. The Cellulite on my thighs is going away.

How much is Never Over The Hill's product and how many ounces? Could you let us know the ingredients? I would be happy to let you know the ingredients in Profile.

In the past I have used drugstore firming products but the potency can't compare.

Sounds like you have a winner there girl. Smile I just might give it a try.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
havana8

Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Here's the link, Winnie:

http://www.neveroverthehill.com
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi Winnie,
After thinking, I edited my initial post. I wasn't sure if this review would be allowed so I took out links and ingredient info. Hugs to Havana for posting the link. Winnie, it was 20.00 plus 1.50 shipping and you receive three ounces. John has an Ebay store for those who prefer to pay via PayPal and that's what I did. I've never tried any of the drugstore formulations so I can't compare. I'm pretty impressed and I'd bet anything JB's is a little more elegant in presentation. LOL.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:04 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Hi Winnie,
After thinking, I edited my initial post. I wasn't sure if this review would be allowed so I took out links and ingredient info. Hugs to Havana for posting the link. Winnie, it was 20.00 plus 1.50 shipping and you receive three ounces. John has an Ebay store for those who prefer to pay via PayPal and that's what I did. I've never tried any of the drugstore formulations so I can't compare. I'm pretty impressed and I'd bet anything JB's is a little more elegant in presentation. LOL.

I see no reason why this would not be allowed. Never Over The Hill are lab made products. From what I understand the owner is a chemist. The chemist just can't rave about his own products here and send links. Wink Thanks blue

Here is a link to product I have been using.
https://www.janson-beckett.com/store_fld/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=240 I have to have an open mind. Many times I think I have found my HG but there is something else out there. When I have finish my bottle of Profile I will try NOTH.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:33 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart;
Thank you so much for sharing this. This is exactly what I've been looking for.
During this past winter October 2007 - February 2008, I was very busy and had to completely abandon my work out regime (I guess I didn't have to, but I was so overwhelmed with my work, that I just could not keep up with everything Embarassed ). Anyway, over that period of time I gained 6 pounds and lost a lot of my muscle mass Mad .
I started exercising regularly about 3-4 weeks ago - 4 times/week -> 4 cardio workouts (2 spinning classes + 2 treadmill workouts) + 2 workouts with weights (all major muscle groups). I also started watching my diet and drinking a lot of water (my diet is generally very good all the time, so there is not really much I can change).
I must say that the last 3 weeks have been very frustrating! I work out hard, and I did loose maybe 3 lbs, but my hips and my tights (my "big concern" part of the body) aren't budging. I did measure myself several weeks ago, and I don't really see any difference. It is so frustrating to work so hard and see no change!! Doubt .
I think I'll give this a try.
Thank you so much for sharing.
Rubby Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:38 am      Reply with quote
Oh Blues, I do have a question. How long did the 3 oz last? Did you order more than one jar?
Big thanks!
R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi Rubby, I'm glad it helped. Four weeks isn't really THAT long so don't get discouraged. It will come and the fat burning potion might help it along. Rubby, I only ordered one jar because there was a little bit of doubt in my head if it would really work and let me tell you that I'm kicking myself for not ordering more. The 3 oz. lasted me approximately 3 to 4 weeks with twice a day application for the bulk of the time. My daughter did spill some so it's possible it could last a little longer. Now, here's the bad news. John and Sandy are on vacation and won't return until next Saturday, the 19th so you will have to wait for them to return. I buy from their Ebay store so I can paypal. You can send a check or MO to their business address but I prefer the instant gratification of Paypal. I also want to stress the importance of using it one ONE body area at a time. Let us know if you order and how you do. Good luck!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Blues,
I sent e-mail to Sandy and John earlier today to ask few questions. It's good to know they are away, so I don't freak out when they don't get back to me within few days. Of course, I am now dying to try their product, so it'll be tough to wait for a couple of weeks to get it. Oh well . . . .
I'll let you know how it goes.
Thx, R.

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
Rubby - we'll all be anxious to hear of your results.
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Do any of you have a link to the Ebay store? I tried searching for the products as mentioned on the NOTH website but couldn't find them. Didn't get an answer to my email yet either. I am way too lazy and impatient to send a check via snail mail Very Happy
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:26 am      Reply with quote
lorimcp wrote:
Do any of you have a link to the Ebay store? I tried searching for the products as mentioned on the NOTH website but couldn't find them. Didn't get an answer to my email yet either. I am way too lazy and impatient to send a check via snail mail Very Happy

Lori, he doesn't have any products up on his store. None. I can't begin to tell you how irritated I am with this. I sent an email a week before they went on their trip and I've heard nothing. I'm very disappointed.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Blues, has the 3/4 of an inch stayed off?

I'm patiently waiting for the Hills to come back for their trip so I can smother myself in this stuff..

and I wonder if it is a transient improvement, like you get from a body wrap, and am hoping it's something other than that.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Blues, has the 3/4 of an inch stayed off?

I'm patiently waiting for the Hills to come back for their trip so I can smother myself in this stuff..

and I wonder if it is a transient improvement, like you get from a body wrap, and am hoping it's something other than that.

Catski,
Hi, yes it has. At this point, I'm holding it at bay. LOL. My plan was to use it another month similar to what I was doing but only once a day and then try doing it twice a week. I have recommended this product to my clients so I'm really stewing that I can't get ahold of it or get my emails answered. Perhaps they've stayed on vacation longer than planned. He had posted that they would be returning home on the 19th of April. If anyone knows something different, please let me know.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
I bought few of John's products about 6 weeks ago but only used the eye cream. It's time for me to digout this fat burning thingy and start to use it TODAY!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
I bought few of John's products about 6 weeks ago but only used the eye cream. It's time for me to digout this fat burning thingy and start to use it TODAY!!!

Yes, you should. I'm jealous. I think that stuff could be darned addicting.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
lorimcp wrote:

Lori, he doesn't have any products up on his store. None. I can't begin to tell you how irritated I am with this. I sent an email a week before they went on their trip and I've heard nothing. I'm very disappointed.

He used to post on this forum so maybe he will pop in, but I agree, the ordering system and web site is very unprofessional. It's too bad, he's seems really nice and knowledgeable and the products seem great.
I have used other fat burning gels like this and they really seem to work. There was a Purdue study even on the effectiveness but I can't remember the 2 main ingredients for this. I got mine at GNC and it was gooey sticky, expensive and smelly so I wasn't the best at keeping it up.
Oakview
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered by mail and it actually was pretty quick turnaround. Give it a try.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
Oakview wrote:
I ordered by mail and it actually was pretty quick turnaround. Give it a try.

Oakview, when did you order? I e-mailed NOTH 2 weeks ago, and then again 3-4 days ago. I haven't received any response from them yet Shock . I am quite disappointed as i was hoping to start using the fat burning gel a week ago. I guess, I need to be patient Silenced .

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds like nobody manning the store and they'll get to it when they get to it.
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I emailed them too a couple of weeks ago, since the order will be shipped to Canada I want to make sure I include the correct amount for shipping but no answer so far!!

If anyone has ordered to Canada can they share the cost they paid for shipping?

Thanks!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
Dahli wrote:
Yes, I emailed them too a couple of weeks ago, since the order will be shipped to Canada I want to make sure I include the correct amount for shipping but no answer so far!!

If anyone has ordered to Canada can they share the cost they paid for shipping?

Thanks!

I'm thinking I should buy it by the gallon. It bugs me that I've recommended it and then this happens.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry I have a stupid question but I have to ask: do you think this stuff can be used undereye to get rid of the fat deposits?
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:19 am      Reply with quote
Blues, thankyou. Very good to know it has stayed off. Smile

I'm sure John will resurface soon. Hope they are ok.

I was googling this kind of topic last night to see comparable products.

I came upon something a bit different, but which is also apparently effective. It's made by Avant Labs and is called Lipoderm -

http://www.bulknutrition.com/p105_LipoDerm-Y_Avant_Labs.html

You have to be in a 'calorie deficit' position when you apply this cream, and it makes the fat in that spoecific area avaiable for burning, apparently. So it is a way to spot reduce, when dieting.

Seems qute useful!

There is another product called "AbSolution" which shrinks fat cells -

http://store.vyotech.com/prodinfo.asp?number=5-ABP1
which apparently also gets good results, according to chat on various message boards that came up when I searched.

I'm not recommending these, as I havent tried them, just sharing them in case anyone else is now interested in the higher notch body products that body builders have devised to make themselves show - ready...
Oakview
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:24 am      Reply with quote
I did order the week before they left on vacation. I think I got the product the Thursday before they left and it took less than a week. I didn't receive an e-mail saying they had sent the package (they say on the web site that this is the practice) but when I e-mailed Sandy replied very promptly. I hope they are just very busy after vacation.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |