Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Fraxel Treatment
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jcber
5% products discount

Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to say, that I had my 1st fraxel treatment yesterday. I can see a difference already. My face looks lightly sunburned, but I can cover it with makeup. Actually looks like I laid out in the sun today (Fl...high 83).
I think I am done trying everything out there...I have found, what I thinks, works for me...I plan on having 1-2 more treatments. This (again for me) has quicker results than anything else that I have tried, and that's a lot...from microderm, glycolic peels, Obagi...the $$$$ goes on and on..
Anyone esle out there try it? If so, how did it work for you?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Good for you 'jcber' with the fraxel success.

Gotta love that 83 degrees in Fl today, I'm typing this poolside with plenty of sunscreen on... Cool

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
I did a thread on my review of it last year here. Did nothing but screw up my skin for 3 months and I am just now back on track. My derm does not recommend them and I would not ever do it again.

5% products discount

Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! I am sorry to hear that. I used the palomar 1540..no problems for me. I went for a consultation and she did a sample test patch..since I had no problem...I scheduled a treatment...very pleased....defintiely plan on going back for the second time. I did a lot of research and spent quite a bit of time with the person who did the treatment. They were wonderful. I know that there are mixed reviews, all I can say, is that I finally found something that truly has made a difference for my skin.
petu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
What is a fraxel treatment? i have never heard of it!
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Proceed with caution Jcber. More people post negatively about the results of Fraxel than positive. I think it takes a while to see the negative repercussions. I hope you are NOT the norm. Good luck with it and I hope I am misguided!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
jcber
5% products discount

Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:52 am      Reply with quote
I know that there have been mixed reviews, but I know of several people having this done, all with wonderful results...It is not the old fraxel treatment with the blue gel, but a newer version that is greatly improved from the old. I agree, that people should proceed with caution...that is why I recommend doing the research on any type of laser resurfacing, as well as other light treatments, and if posssible, test a sample area prior to the treatment. There are classifications of skin types that it will do better with than others. The expectations of the results, for some people, might be higher than what is possible.
For me, I need only one more treatment. The facility that I go to, does not make you buy a package and since I did not need my forehead done, they readjusted the price.
Again, for me, thus far I am happy that I went through with it. I can only speak from personal experience, but I do appreciate all the comments and concern Smile
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:03 am      Reply with quote
Glad to hear they changed the machine and the gel. I wish I hadn't done it, but I am glad that it was positive for you.
I had horrible little tiny breakouts that lasted 3 months and it stretched some skin from the swelling/burning. I was horribly mad at my esthetician as the Fraxel people told her she had the settings on too high for the first time and she made too many passes. She had called them to see why I had such a negative response.
Yet, I have seen some before and afters and they looked great!

5% products discount

Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:46 am      Reply with quote
Annie, I am so sorry that you had that happen. I can understand why you would encourage others to be careful. It sounds like your swelling lasted a whole lot longer than mine, and created more problems than it helped..I think the minimal swelling that I had lasted all of 1 day if that. Nothing that stopped me doing the things that I had planned. I think the individual doing the procedure really needs to know their stuff and have the experience to back it up.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:48 am      Reply with quote
And I asked her to go light! Laughing
I can't believe you only had swelling for one day, lucky. I didn't go out for a month and then after having antibiotics. I was told that quite a few people have the bad breakout of little pustules, which is why a lot of doctors or derms don't always recommend it. Some say it's a reaction, some say it's all the stuff coming to the surface. I've since done the Cool Touch III Lasers (4 of them)which is a less invasive form and I loved them.

5% products discount

Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
I'm glad to hear that you found something that works for you... Cool touch? Great! Something else for my to google Smile, never heard of it..curious to hear how you think it compares to fraxel. Do you think we'll ever be happy? I'm 48 and I think I'm looking for the 20 year old inside to show up in the outside...ahhhh, I can dream, can't I?
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
I had my first laser treatment done one week ago. I had fraxel done on my left cheek and ipl on my right cheek. Depending on how my skin responds, we will decide which laser to use in the future.

I had no complications on the ipl side at all. On my fraxel side, I ended up with blisters and tons of tiny pustules. The dr put me on antibiotics and antibacterial wash. I do have freaky skin and the laser was on a low setting. I was red and swollen for a few days. I am still pink today and still slightly puffy under my eye.

I don't see any change on either side of my face yet. Fingers crossed...

5% products discount

Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:37 am      Reply with quote
Mt. I am very interested to hear the differece between the two treatments, and your preference. Do you know what setting the fraxel was on and how many passes they did? I hope that you find satisfaction with them. Please keep us posted.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:09 am      Reply with quote
I wish I could tell you the scientific difference between the 2 lasers but both are supposed to stimulate collagen deep below the surface and the results are seen over time.
Fraxel was more ablative or invasive to me as it also works on the top layer and then penetrates on down and you have a brown/red layer of skin that peels off after several days with swelling and pustules (or I did). The Cool Touch had no downtime but just goes straight down to the layers to help firm and tighten. It does not hurt at all and I had a little redness for about an hour, that's it.
I did 4 treatents and it takes 3 months on to see results so I am still waiting, although I have seen some minimum tightening already.

5% products discount

Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
Just out of curiosity...what's the cost of Cool Touch? Annie, now that you have had both....do you see a difference?
HannaLee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
I've had a series of about 5 microderms in jan/feb but i still had some deeper brown spots so they suggested getting a couple fraxel treatments done...

how bad is the down time? I've been putting off the tca peels since presently I can't afford the time to recover!
jcber
5% products discount

Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
I had no down time, but there are others who have...do your research.. I am satisfied with what I had done and am scheduling one more in May, but as you can read the previous posts....do your research, and ask questions...keep us posted..
Frangipani
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Jcber,

Unfortunately I am one of those that have tried fraxel and regret it big time.My skin is much worse than when I started.

I am happy to read that you are experiencing positive results with fraxel. Like everything, I think it depends on the individuals skin and the experience of the operator.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:23 am      Reply with quote
The Cool Touch III were 225.00 per treatment. Although there was no down time, the results are slow to see and can take up to 18 months before you notice. I've seen a slight improvement but it's only been 3 weeks since the last one. No instant gratification! Sad
I'm now doing my Photofacial IPL on Monday to reverse the rest of the Fraxel damage of red spots left from the breakouts of last year. I've been putting off that fun event, although it doesn't hurt nearly as bad as a Fraxel.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
I almost got this treatment done. I hear it's good with getting rid of stretch marks too. Has anyone had this done for that yet? I wish I could get rid of the ones on my sides Sad
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |